NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Piotr journal

Piotr

Journal entry #70
Days game free: 114

Days procrastination free: 2

I had a beautiful dream today that I was flying. How awesome would it be to just rise above those cities, forests and lakes; I hope that scientists will one day found a way to make it possible.

Jet packs already exist!

I've heard that Wright bros made an awesome invention: it's called aeroplane, and they invented this machine over 100 years ago! Interesting, isn't it? :D:D

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Nothing much happening this week. Spending time with my family and girlfriend. Today I'm appointed with my friends which I haven't seen around eight years. I'm a little nervous about how this meeting will go.

How was the meeting? :D  How do you feel when meeting with old friends? I have to say I feel strange and I don't like to do it much. My old "friends" just can't handle how much I've changed and I feel weird around them. I prefer to meet with my new friends or even with strangers because I love to meet new people :P

It's true that quickly multiplying your investments in the stock market is mostly luck and not something everyone can work out. But investing in certain things, be it direct stocks, mutual funds, etf's, real estate, is mathematically a thing everyone should do.

Are you familiar with the financial independence movement? The subreddit side bar has a list of blogs which I think fit your description of planning everything and working for it. www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence

I see you've already taken action by building up your emergency fund savings which is the first necessary step. I think generally 6 months of living expences is adviced to be held in a bank account. After that, most of the savings should be invested.

In your shoes my immediate next steps would be:

• Look into your spending and try to find any spending that doesn't give enough value for the money spent. For me such spending would be, buying candy and sugary drinks, eating in restaurants too often, etc. This will speed up the filling of emergency fund.
  • Read investing blogs/books from people in your country. (index investing is one good way to invest in stocks)

Sorry if you were thinking about something else completely, just you mentioned financial freedom and I've been into this stuff for many years now. ^_^

Don't be sorry, I was thinking exactly about something like that. Thank you for very valuable post @Random

I've already made the first dot. About second one, you've read my mind. I searched for a book but most of them, were about foreign market or outdated, thus I still search. I'm planning to go to local bookstore this week, hopefully I will find something. I don't have funds to invest in stocks(yet), but nevertheless I think it's never to early to start.

Journal entry #71
Days game free: 115

Days procrastination free: 3

Yesterday meeting was very interesting experience. At first our conversation was a little trivial, but after everyone said a little more about how he is doing right now, it went pretty good. Especially when the booze kicked in ;) After two hours in a pub, we went for a walk over the nearby lake. It was a good time of relaxation; and it was even better to hear that my friends are doing fine despite of ups and downs. They asked for another meeting, but it's hard for us to meet due to different hours at which we work and/or study. We will stay in touch.

Daily activities check for yesterday:
glass of water in the morning/evening   - done
affirmation                                             - failed

non-dominant hand training                  - failed
reading self-development book             - failed

What I've done yesterday to improve my financial status:
I've looked through some of my old stuff. Found a few things which are useless for me. I'm going to put them on online sale this week. One half of the acquired money, will go the emergency fund, the other half I will use as investment money(I have two ideas, just need to reevaluate them, whether they are as profitable for me as I think).
Among these sale things is my old magic the gathering deck, although I don't play anymore I thought to sell it, but I have good memories with these cards. Thus I'm hesitating whether to sell it or not. What do you think?

I've looked through some of my old stuff. Found a few things which are useless for me. I'm going to put them on online sale this week. One half of the acquired money, will go the emergency fund, the other half I will use as investment money(I have two ideas, just need to reevaluate them, whether they are as profitable for me as I think).

Among these sale things is my old magic the gathering deck, although I don't play anymore I thought to sell it, but I have good memories with these cards. Thus I'm hesitating whether to sell it or not. What do you think?

I did the selling of old stuff a couple years back and it surprised me how quickly the things sold for prices that weren't even that low in my opinion.

I'm intrested about the investment ideas if you want to share.

If you have no intention to play with the cards ever again, I'd just sell them. But then nobody else but you can decide whether keeping them as a memory is worth more to you than the selling value and maybe more importantly the freed storage space.

I did the selling of old stuff a couple years back and it surprised me how quickly the things sold for prices that weren't even that low in my opinion.

I'm intrested about the investment ideas if you want to share.

If you have no intention to play with the cards ever again, I'd just sell them. But then nobody else but you can decide whether keeping them as a memory is worth more to you than the selling value and maybe more importantly the freed storage space.

How about selling it to Mad Pharmacist? :D

If there are Angels, I'm interested :)

Journal entry #72
Days game free: 117

Lastly I've neglected website programming. I've abandoned it in fact. Thus I'm putting programming counter on daily activities check. I think that 30 minutes a day is a reasonable time to learn among job and studying. I'm hoping to not only work on it, but also gather a fruit of this work.
I've had today a really nice conversation with owner of a flat I'm renting. It also gave me a very valuable thought, that I should never refuse if someone asks me for a cup of tea.

affirmation                                             - done
non-dominant hand training                  - done
reading                                                  - failed

30 minutes of programming                   - failed

For signing another contract in my job, my employee rewarded me with installation allowance. Which I fully transferred into my backup fund.
Lastly, I've found that often talking with someone, a remote work subject comes out. Maybe universe wants to tell me something? This needs further investigation.
Note: I've raised my backup fund from 26,4% to 60,4%.

Lastly, I've found that often talking with someone, a remote work subject comes out. Maybe universe wants to tell me something? This needs further investigation.

Interesting how universe can tell something to former acolyte :D

Btw. Thanks for a call yesterday. I'll check out your journal more often to be up-to-date. And more consistent.

Journal entry #72

Lastly I've neglected website programming. I've abandoned it in fact. Thus I'm putting programming counter on daily activities check. I think that 30 minutes a day is a reasonable time to learn among job and studying. I'm hoping to not only work on it, but also gather a fruit of this work.
I've had today a really nice conversation with owner of a flat I'm renting. It also gave me a very valuable thought, that I should never refuse if someone asks me for a cup of tea.

Programming is awesome. It becomes really interesting when you know more and you can make something really cool :D I also love the tip to never refuse if someone asks me for a cup of tea! :)

Journal entry #72
Days game free: 116

Days procrastination free: 6

In previous semester I had no problem with studying, unfortunately now I have a little problem to focus on learning. It's not even procrastination, because I complete every other task except studying. I don't know why. And even if I force myself to do it like yesterday, I study with very low engagement.
Once I've advised someone to write a reason why he is studying in order to motivate himself. So I'm going to use my own idea.

Why do I study?

1. To keep my mind in shape.
  2. To acquire knowledge.
  3. I want to be educated and possess a degree.
  4. To have qualifications for a better job.
  5. To secure my future by expanding my horizons.

reading                                                  - failed

30 minutes of programming                  - done

I've read articles on remote work and it's pros and cons. It's very interesting aspect, but I think it's to soon for me to think about that. I must shape an ability to provide a value first.

Journal entry #73

Days procrastination free: 7

I have bought a new book, "Getting Things Done" by David Allen, hope it helps with my productivity. At first, I wanted to buy(and read of course) a self development book every month in 2017, but at second thought, I should focus more on applying knowledge from books I already have; cause buying a book changes nothing, and using it's knowledge might be life-changing.

I'm going to change a summary in my journal from "yesterday" to "today", because it's easier for me to sum up whole day before bed.

Daily activities check for today:
reading                                                  - done

What I've done today to improve my financial status:
I've bought a book, so today I invest in myself. First chapter already gave me interesting thought: that I should focus more on using knowledge than buying it.

Journal entry #73

I should focus more on applying knowledge from books I already have; cause buying a book changes nothing, and using it's knowledge might be life-changing.

Hey, how about changing your goal into, I'll IMPLEMENT the self-development book every month in 2017?

Focus on implementation instead of theories, and you'll be fine :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Journal entry #73

I should focus more on applying knowledge from books I already have; cause buying a book changes nothing, and using it's knowledge might be life-changing.

Hey, how about changing your goal into, I'll IMPLEMENT the self-development book every month in 2017?

You nailed it! It's good to have you as accountability :)

Focus on implementation instead of theories, and you'll be fine :)

If I can ask you for something, remind me this^ from time to time.

Journal entry #74
Days game free: 119

Days procrastination free: 9

I'm not summing up yesterday, cause the whole day I was at work then went back home and spend some time with my gf.
I didn't trained website programming today, but had 3 hours of classes on programming. Thus I consider my daily task done, because I was working on my programming skills.

non-dominant hand training                  - failed

Today, I came in with an idea for an app/website which I can't find online. Did I came with an idea of something completely new? This needs further investigation.

I didn't trained website programming today, but had 3 hours of classes on programming. Thus I consider my daily task done, because I was working on my programming skills.

Hey, you nailed it man! 6x times done, so you're overkilling your task couple of times!

I have something similar with labs/seminars on pharmacy. From one point I could assume that I haven't spent any time on studying this day, but what If I had 7 hours of organic chemistry labs this day and was working on it 100%? That's fuckin' overkilling my own task :)

So, be proud of yourself, sometimes college can help in finishing our tasks.

Hey, you nailed it man! 6x times done, so you're overkilling your task couple of times!

I have something similar with labs/seminars on pharmacy. From one point I could assume that I haven't spent any time on studying this day, but what If I had 7 hours of organic chemistry labs this day and was working on it 100%? That's fuckin' overkilling my own task :)

So, be proud of yourself, sometimes college can help in finishing our tasks.

I noted it, because somehow I feel that this is a little "cheated", due to the fact, that this was my classes and not my will. Nevertheless, this still expands my mental capabilities.

Journal entry #75
Days game free: 120

Days procrastination free: 10

I have a little mood swing today. Until the midday I felt euphoric, then I've felt normal and in the evening a feeling of depression and anxiety came in; along with cravings. Need for playing is like an itching. Seriously? Will this craving shit ever go away?

30 minutes of programming                  - failed

Nothing to note.

I have a "connect the dots" type book. One picture have around 350 and I'm doing two of them. Then I write short text usually part of affirmation, a note from book or anything that comes in my mind. I'm also trying to do everyday activities with non dominant hand like brushing my teeth, washing the dishes etc. I hope you get the point @Reno F