NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Piotr journal

Piotr

Journal entry #65
Days game free: 106

Days procrastination free: 2

OK. So new idea came in. Firstly, for financial independence I should have multiple sources of income. I currently have my 9 to 5 job, which makes me feel insecure, because loosing this job means losing everything.
Secondly, my set aside money, equals to only my three weeks paycheck. Where it is advised, that when you work for someone else you should have set aside money to sustain yourself for three to six months. Surely, such backup will make me more confident in terms of financial security.
Thirdly, I should have assets. By assets I don't mean to buy lot's of things, but investing in things that bring money back.

Conclusions:
1. I should have more sources of income. I'm still pushing through writing websites. I'm considerating some homemade sales.
2. I need to increase my set aside money equal to my three months paycheck.
3. I think that it's too early for me to have assets which will bring money right away, but I'm staying open-minded and I'm looking for opportunity.
 Beside that, I've already made some investments, like my studies or self development books.

Daily activities check for yesterday:
glass of water in the morning/evening   - done
affirmation                                         - done
non-dominant hand training                 - done
reading self-development book            - nope, I need to get a new one

What I've done yesterday to improve my financial status:
Watched a few videos on youtube about side jobs. I've learned the real meaning of wealth and important aspect of assets.
Note: There should be a few sources of income, the number of them should be defined by ability to manage multiple sources.
         Sources, should be from different categories. This method protects from "dark times" where ie. the thing you've invested in, falls in price.

Edited by Piotr

OK. So new idea came in. Firstly, for financial independence I should have multiple sources of income. I currently have my 9 to 5 job, which makes me feel insecure, because loosing this job means losing everything.
Secondly, my set aside money, equals to only my three weeks paycheck. Where it is advised, that when you work for someone else you should have set aside money to sustain yourself for three to six months. Surely, such backup will make me more confident in terms of financial security.
Thirdly, I should have assets. By assets I don't mean to buy lot's of things, but investing in things that bring money back.

Love this! 

Journal entry #66
Days game free: 107

Days procrastination free: 3

Yesterday, I've felt into tuff situation. It was very hard for me to deal with the emotions; I couldn't sleep. Some kind of anxiety and depression hit me that night, together with physical symptoms like shaking hands, feeling something like my nervous system is burning. I've had the strongest cravings, since I've decided to quit and I knew that gaming will easily ease that pain. Deep inside I somehow knew/felt that this symptoms comes from no-gaming; from lack of temporary escape.
I've didn't expected this symptoms at my "level"(this is my second completed detox). I wanted to install game and play so hard. My body somehow begged for it. On the other hand I knew that few weeks after detox, comes relapse, so I tried to withstood this, and didn't played, but I've eased the pain by watching gameplays on youtube(I've never watched it, they weren't my problem, so I've decided that I can use it, this one single time). This helped to not game and withstand this harsh emotions.
I'm trying to release myself from gaming which took my life. I think that watching that gameplays doesn't count as relapse, because even in times when I was a gamer I've didn't watched them. Or nevertheless, I should see this as relapse? What do you think?

I thought about 2 ideas for an app, which could be my side job. They seemed brilliant at first, unfortunately, after checking the internet, I've found out that both of them already exist. This kinda brought me down, that I might not be able to come out with anything original. Still thinking, though.

@Piotr I like the format you're using in your journal now.  Especially the color coding. :) 

They seemed brilliant at first, unfortunately, after checking the internet, I've found out that both of them already exist. This kinda brought me down, that I might not be able to come out with anything original. Still thinking, though.

Just because you re-invented the wheel doesn't mean it was any less brilliant :) 

Edited by dandielionous

@Piotr I like the format you're using in your journal now.  Especially the color coding. :) 

They seemed brilliant at first, unfortunately, after checking the internet, I've found out that both of them already exist. This kinda brought me down, that I might not be able to come out with anything original. Still thinking, though.

Just because you re-invented the wheel doesn't mean it was any less brilliant :) 

I wanted my journal to be more clearer. That's why I've improved it's layout. I'm glad you like it! Anyone who likes it, feel free to copy it!

Yes, there are many "re-invented" brilliant projects(the biggest one I can think of is facebook), but my desire is to create something completely new, I want to set a standard.

Gameplays may help you, but there are many other alternatives as well that can help you when you're stressed. What other ideas do you have for next time?

I think that it would be better to put headphones on, listen to music or podcast and do some physical work. This will keep my mind busy on something less, distracting it's focus on gaming.

Gameplays may help you, but there are many other alternatives as well that can help you when you're stressed. What other ideas do you have for next time?

I think that it would be better to put headphones on, listen to music or podcast and do some physical work. This will keep my mind busy on something less, distracting it's focus on gaming.

All good ideas! 

Mad Pharmacist already came back from Happy New Year party! (At least at 2nd January, instead of 10th :D)

Journal entry #66
Days game free: 107

Days procrastination free: 3

Yesterday, I've felt into tuff situation. It was very hard for me to deal with the emotions; I couldn't sleep. Some kind of anxiety and depression hit me that night, together with physical symptoms like shaking hands, feeling something like my nervous system is burning. I've had the strongest cravings, since I've decided to quit and I knew that gaming will easily ease that pain. Deep inside I somehow knew/felt that this symptoms comes from no-gaming; from lack of temporary escape.
I've didn't expected this symptoms at my "level"(this is my second completed detox). I wanted to install game and play so hard. My body somehow begged for it. On the other hand I knew that few weeks after detox, comes relapse, so I tried to withstood this, and didn't played, but I've eased the pain by watching gameplays on youtube(I've never watched it, they weren't my problem, so I've decided that I can use it, this one single time). This helped to not game and withstand this harsh emotions.
I'm trying to release myself from gaming which took my life. I think that watching that gameplays doesn't count as relapse, because even in times when I was a gamer I've didn't watched them. Or nevertheless, I should see this as relapse? What do you think?

Well, I think this is an important observation.

When I finished my 1st 90 day detox at GQ (4th detox in my life) at day 96 I experience many different symptoms (Fear of death, anxiety, problems with breathing, sometimes even my extremities were shaking and I had difficulties with concentration). And that's how my neurosis was diagnosed. I thought for the long time that it was because of me boing overworked, but maybe it has something connected to my gaming?

I got relapse about 10 days later, so stay aware, my friend.

I don't count it as a relapse, but what important is to not watch gameplays again, even if those symptoms will occur.

Try to find 5 "GO-TO" activities that you'll do if these symptoms will occur. You should need something relaxing. It could be:

1. listening to your favourite music (Not from games!!!),
  2. Writing here a quick note on how you feel,
  3. do a quick nap,
  4. just sit for a moment and wait until this will wear off.
  5. Even watching one of GQ videos or more of them is much better for you. Or watching a TED talk on interesting topic.
  6. I want to see your list here in next entry! :D

If you'll be feeling this kind of symptoms, you can also find the weakest herbal sedatives in drugs store, that will ease you (for me sometimes even the fact that I'm taking a tablet is reassuring for me). It's doesn't mean that you're going to be on drugs all the time! These sedatives with valeriana officinalis are seriously not that strong and sometimes can support you if you have troubles with sleeping. :)

If you feel like it'll really the end of the world, you can PM me and I'll answer you ASAP.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Try to find 5 "GO-TO" activities that you'll do if these symptoms will occur. You should need something relaxing. It could be:

1. listening to your favourite music (Not from games!!!),
  2. Writing here a quick note on how you feel,
  3. do a quick nap,
  4. just sit for a moment and wait until this will wear off.
  5. Even watching one of GQ videos or more of them is much better for you. Or watching a TED talk on interesting topic.
  6. I want to see your list here in next entry! :D

If you'll be feeling this kind of symptoms, you can also find the weakest herbal sedatives in drugs store, that will ease you (for me sometimes even the fact that I'm taking a tablet is reassuring for me). It's doesn't mean that you're going to be on drugs all the time! These sedatives with valeriana officinalis are seriously not that strong and sometimes can support you if you have troubles with sleeping. :)

If you feel like it'll really the end of the world, you can PM me and I'll answer you ASAP.

Thank you for support accountability, remember that you can always rely on me, too.

My list:

1. writing with non-dominant hand
  2. physical activity ie. training or walk
  3. programming
  4. watching movie or some tv series
  5. do something calming, like sitting with a cup of tea and "silencing" thoughts

Journal entry #67
Days game free: 109

Days procrastination free: 5

Daily activities check for day before yesterday:
affirmation                                         - only quick re-thought, that's why I considerate it half-done

glass of water in the morning/evening   - 50% done - only morning one
non-dominant hand training                 - failed

New years eve and it's after effects - hangover, distracted me from completing this task. Although I had a conversation with newly meet friends, a cute marriage who have their own business. They explained me how tax system works, when you're entrepreneur.

That's an awesome list! I've checked out, that it could be a like a glock with 11 rounds during zombie apocalypse during your worst nighmare and enemy. Keep that in mind and your "glock" nearby! :)

Understanding tax system is an important issue for someone who wants to be financially independent. It's great that you did this step! Although it could be discouraging, it's still easier to understand than immunology :D

Thanks for the call and let's see how we're killing next walkers these week! :D

Journal entry #68
Days game free: 110

Days procrastination free: 6

To feel fulfilled, I don't need games, but healthy addiction - something which will easily soak me in, but will bring real-life results and not cause any negative impact on my life. Although I don't have any details on what it may be, I know what should I look for. It's a knowledge I've been missing in past year. Knowing direction will bring me to destination.

Yesterday, I had a great talk with my accountability @hycniejsy. One thing I've realized, is that instead of just going for completion of my goals, I've looked for easiest solutions(which surely won't work) something like quantum leaps described in slight edge. They are not the source of success. That's why I'm shaking up; a little more doing and a little less overthinking.

affirmation                                         - failed
reading self-development book            - failed

I've calculated my spending's for this month and set aside some money from my paycheck into my backup fund. I want my backup fund to be equal to three months paycheck. A safety in case of loosing a job, which makes me much less anxious about financial insecurity.
Note: Raised my backup fund from 19,4% to 26,4%.

I really like your financial paragraphs! I'm only 18 and still studying, but I would like to take actions to improve my financial status too. In a world that's almost ruled by money, such things are essential. I'm not completely certain where to begin, but I'll figure something out. :P 

I've calculated my spending's for this month and set aside some money from my paycheck into my backup fund. I want my backup fund to be equal to three months paycheck. A safety in case of loosing a job, which makes me much less anxious about financial insecurity.
Note: Raised my backup fund from 19,4% to 26,4%.

Wow, That sounds like a Great idea!

Well, I've heard that this kind of anxiety relief can give a situation when you'll have enough food/water supple to last for couple of months.

And no, not only during war/zombie apocalypse. This will give you advantage in many more situations like loss of job. That's because you have to spend less money on your daily basis, so you can survive with less money than in ordinary situation with no food supply.

The cheapest way to build a supplies for half a year.

So, ready to gather with me some supplies for surviving? :D

I really like your financial paragraphs! I'm only 18 and still studying, but I would like to take actions to improve my financial status too. In a world that's almost ruled by money, such things are essential. I'm not completely certain where to begin, but I'll figure something out. :P 

I would give you that one starting advice: Don't leave it for later, educate yourself about finances right now! Although money are essential, remember that you can't buy time, thus it is more valuable asset.

Well, I've heard that this kind of anxiety relief can give a situation when you'll have enough food/water supple to last for couple of months.

And no, not only during war/zombie apocalypse. This will give you advantage in many more situations like loss of job. That's because you have to spend less money on your daily basis, so you can survive with less money than in ordinary situation with no food supply.

The cheapest way to build a supplies for half a year.

So, ready to gather with me some supplies for surviving? :D

Very interesting video! Although such supplies will be priceless at certain times, one thing picked my attention, which was mentioned at the end of the video. That this is only a basis to not die from hunger, but don't forget that eating isn't only about hunger. You need different food to supply your body with all the vitamins, minerals and macro elements. Thus, it's not really nutritious.

Journal entry #69
Days game free: 113

Days procrastination free: 1

Procrastination fail. Binge watched tv series whole afternoon and evening, instead of doing something productive. I have to change this, so starting fresh, today!

Daily activities check for day before yesterday:
reading self-development book            - I've re-read few paragraphs of "Think and Grow Rich"

glass of water in the morning/evening   -half done; only morning one

non-dominant hand training                 - failed
reading self-development book            - failed

I've re-read few paragraphs of "Think and Grow Rich". Correct mindset is a must. I have to define what value I can give others in exchange for money. That's how it works.

Journal entry #70
Days game free: 114

Days procrastination free: 2

I had a beautiful dream today that I was flying. How awesome would it be to just rise above those cities, forests and lakes; I hope that scientists will one day found a way to make it possible.
Nothing much happening this week. Spending time with my family and girlfriend. Today I'm appointed with my friends which I haven't seen around eight years. I'm a little nervous about how this meeting will go.

affirmation                                             - failed

non-dominant hand training                  - failed
reading self-development book             - done

Searched for blogs of people who improved their financial situation. Sadly, most of them is about fixing your mindset, they give a thousand examples on how to change your thinking but almost nothing about taking action. Also, people were often describing their "quantum leap" as a way to get richer. What a crap! Of course winning a lottery, hitting a niche or investing in stocks right in time is really financially rising. But let's face the truth, it's only one to million case, and it's not something everyone can work out. Having a rich parents which gives you a good start-kick is also something I don't look for. I'm searching for an example of a person who works their own way to financial freedom and it's not some lucky guy who hit the jackpot but planned everything and just worked for it. Maybe you know someone who fits this description?

It's true that quickly multiplying your investments in the stock market is mostly luck and not something everyone can work out. But investing in certain things, be it direct stocks, mutual funds, etf's, real estate, is mathematically a thing everyone should do.

Are you familiar with the financial independence movement? The subreddit side bar has a list of blogs which I think fit your description of planning everything and working for it. www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence

I see you've already taken action by building up your emergency fund savings which is the first necessary step. I think generally 6 months of living expences is adviced to be held in a bank account. After that, most of the savings should be invested.

In your shoes my immediate next steps would be:

• Look into your spending and try to find any spending that doesn't give enough value for the money spent. For me such spending would be, buying candy and sugary drinks, eating in restaurants too often, etc. This will speed up the filling of emergency fund.
  • Read investing blogs/books from people in your country. (index investing is one good way to invest in stocks)

Sorry if you were thinking about something else completely, just you mentioned financial freedom and I've been into this stuff for many years now. ^_^