NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Piotr journal

Piotr

Journal entry #24

7 days game free

Yesterday I had very productive day. Made everything I wanted plus tried a new cooking recipe. Chicken breast with spices, vegetables and rice. It was so tasty that I didn't even knew when I ate it, lol. In the end, I rewarded myself by watching a movie in TV and eating a jelly.

Today I have to stay longer at work, so not much activity will be done today.

Plans for tomorrow:

-try new activity 

-eat healthy and at least 5 meals

-learn HTML

-learn for my driving course exam

-go running

-read another chapter of "think and grow rich"

Journal entry #25

13 days game free

Got a few days off from my work. Met with my family, which I haven't seen in a year, we had a great walk for 5 hours straight, yesterday.  Today's plans: kayaking. Writing this post from a middle of a lake lol.

Hope you're having a good time too.

• 2 weeks later...

Journal entry #26

26 days game free

It seems that my journal got a bit dusty. Lastly, I've rarely used my laptop, cutting internet time is what I'm proud of.

After getting back from my trip I still had one free week from work(which sadly ends today :( ) I decided to spend it on renovating my room. Scrubbed old paints from walls, I've built a cover for pipes which were going through my room(it is planned to hold four led lights, everything is set up, I only have to connect it), applied primer and yesterday evening I finished on putting the finishing coat. Sadly, I didn't made it this week, but next weekend I'm going to paint the walls and change PVC flooring for floor panels and that would be it. It's gona be cosy!
Gotta go back to learning website programming, I've neglected it lastly.

I've never done a grateful list, lets try it out:

1.Possibilities to communicate
2.My family
3.My car
4.Being healthy

Journal entry #27

30 days game free

I'm a bit tired today, so it's hard for me to keep my thougts. Thus, I will point out a few things, rather than writing a full text.

Yesterday, I went running and made some pull ups on bars. Todays activity was swimming.
Keeping my daily habit of learning website programming. I'm feeling that I'm getting with it somewhere, as I'm learning more and more about it.
Tried some card tricks. Liked more "kinetic" ones like shuffling/throwing, than "was this your card" tricks.
I'm keeping my healthy eating. 5 meals a day + healthy bonuses like juices, fruits, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and jelly for my joints.
I need to plan more, because lastly I'm thinking, what to do next. Gotta write some list.
Some weak urges and cravings appeared. Although, It wasn't so tempting, it was a bit distracting having some MMORPGs on my mind. Wondering what caused it.

Gotta do a few small things and than I'm getting to bed. So good night gamequiters.

Thank, you @Cam Adair for sharing your thought. I really appreciate your activity.

Journal entry #28

32 days game free

Since I've quit playing video games, I've really improved. Exchanged night gaming for sleep, energy drinks for healthy eating, time killing for productivity. My life had really changed for better, not to mention relationships with other people.
Nevertheless, I still feel like there is something missing. I think it's because of that, that my mind is very reluctantly rewiring to diffrent level of stimulation. Or maybe I'm wrong? What do you think?

Journal entry #29

38 days game free

You guys are right, I have nothing to watch forward to, living "weekly".
I was thinking very hard about my life plan for a few days, but couldn't come up with anything more original or rather precise than be a better person. I've tried many new activities since I decided to quit gaming. Although, it was nice to try out a new thing and gave me new point of view on certain aspects, still didn't found anything which really got my attention. Like nothing can "hook me up" like gaming. I can live without games now, but why nothing can get my attention as much as gaming? Why my mind can't rewire out from game stimulation into normal life? This really sucks... That feeling, that I'm unable to define myself... I'm a bit lost and confused...

Been there too bro!

I was going through something similar in my first 100ish days after quitting gaming. I had not found new hobbies that interested me. I spent most of my time studying, staying home, listening to music and going for walks and I've got to say that it was one of the hardest 3 months of my life. I had the feeling that my life was somehow going downhill and there was nothing I could do. Slowly I started getting up from these negative feelings. Here are some things that helped me:

1. Talking to my father. One of the most important thing I did. I talked to my father about how I felt bad. Sharing these feeling with a dear person took some weight off of my shoulders.
  2. Starting Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. A friend of mine suggested martial arts to me and for some reason I got a spark for something I hadn't felt in ages. This is of course what worked for me, it might not work for everybody. If I could suggest some activities they would be Stronglifts 5x5 – a really good gym program. It helped me understand why some people want to go to the gym. I'm still loving it, give it a shot if you want to. Another one is BJJ. Getting some regular activity out of the house helped me feel better and more active. It's also very much fun.
  3. Reading books. Books are a good way of using your time well. I actually don't know how much you read, but books like The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg, Daring Greatly, by Brene Brown and The Slight Edge, by Jeff Olson helped me get perspective on my life
  4. Hanging with old friends. It just helped me get back to the social world after living in a kind of social isolation outside of school.

It will take some time and it sucks, but after it life will feel better and you'll be to enjoy activities other than gaming more than you could've thought. Keep going, exploring new activities and meeting friends. I'm rooting for you! :)

Journal entry #30

40 days game free

I've got a little idea on my long term life plan, but I need to think about it more. Thank you @SpiNips for your advice, it gave me a good look at this case.
Yesterday I went with my colleague for a few beers. It was nice to just sit and chill out for a while, by having a talk. A little hangover this morning, made me sleeping till 10am and procrastinate by watching youtube. Fortunately, I shook myself up and get a few activities done. More awaits, so I'm going to get the shit done!

Journal entry #29

38 days game free

Although, it was nice to try out a new thing and gave me new point of view on certain aspects, still didn't found anything which really got my attention. Like nothing can "hook me up" like gaming. I can live without games now, but why nothing can get my attention as much as gaming? Why my mind can't rewire out from game stimulation into normal life? This really sucks... That feeling, that I'm unable to define myself... I'm a bit lost and confused...

What has been helping me a bit is getting myself exposed to many different things. Just trying things out open new perspectives, as you said, but it might take some time to find something that push your buttons. I'm also kind of lost, but I believe I've got the paper and the pencil to draw my own map.

Journal entry #29

38 days game free

You guys are right, I have nothing to watch forward to, living "weekly".
I was thinking very hard about my life plan for a few days, but couldn't come up with anything more original or rather precise than be a better person. I've tried many new activities since I decided to quit gaming. Although, it was nice to try out a new thing and gave me new point of view on certain aspects, still didn't found anything which really got my attention. Like nothing can "hook me up" like gaming. I can live without games now, but why nothing can get my attention as much as gaming? Why my mind can't rewire out from game stimulation into normal life? This really sucks... That feeling, that I'm unable to define myself... I'm a bit lost and confused...

Perhaps it is worth considering just trying out new things; sounds like you have been able to create a lot of space in your time and mind and are unsure of what to do with it now; I think it's worth considering what you feel passionate about and what makes you come alive; perhaps a better question just to have in the back of your mind as a general guide than to explicitly answer, to help being open with new experiences and activities, if you feel like you don't have a clear answer for that yet.