NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My name is Sahil and I am from India , i have much to tell you about myself related to gaming , i am a guy who just completely lost that i have no clue what aim should i have for my future because Online gaming , I saw the video Shame and Stigma of being gamer on youtube, i am pursuing animation but because of gaming i am fall behind (3 months) from my course and this gap is rapidly increasing , i feel like i am kinda lost and there is no hope left for me cause i asked to many of my friends for help to recover my course but they just gave up on me , i don't know what to do plus parents pressure also making me sick , i just wanted to go somewhere far from this world, because what i felt like there is nobody left for me to get me out of this problem , this stigma is just like that you can't share it with any one , i once tried to share it among my friends for help instead of helping me , they start making jokes of me and whenever i go to attend my classes after seeing me they start taunting me because of my gaming addiction , my self confidence starts becoming weak , there is no left here to help me in my locality

Edited by Sahil Chikara

Hello Sahil,

I've been in the same situation you are right now and I know what you need to do.

But first, let me ask you a couple of questions. 

How bad is your gaming addiction? How bad are you behind your classes? How much time do you have before the point of no return, e.g. when are the exams? Do you think you will be able to catch up? What's your mental/physical condition (are you tired all the time or cannot concentrate)?

• Guest pinned and unpinned this topic

Hey Sahil! So cool for you to join us here from India and you will find a lot of support here on the forum. Although it can feel like you are far behind, this is a turning point for you. You can close the gap I promise :)

Welcome Sahil :) You're not alone here friend! Start your journal and start to focus on your feeling and yourself. Even though it helps to have friends to help you, sometimes we have to start the journey on our own before people start to see you are for real.

If things get bad we're all here to talk :) 

Best of luck!

A warm welcome to you, Sahil!  :)

I am sorry to hear about your situation, especially the taunting you received from friends you thought would help you through the addiction of gaming.  First of all, they are complete jerks, and you are a bigger person than what they think of you.  Secondly, you are in the right place.  There are many people here who understand what you are going through.  We're here to support you!  Please start your journey step by step, and remember to be kind to yourself.  Your life will change for the better because of this decision to overcome gaming.  It will take time and patience, so be very good to yourself and remind yourself that 'rome wasn't built in a day'. 

Help is here, on these forums. All of us went this hard route(or is on route like me), so you will find lots of understanding, support and advices. Don't listen to this stupid jokes, just next time ask your friends politely, what they changed in their lifes for better? Did they overcome their addictions/bad habbits? It's very common, that people laughing at others about their struggle with addiction, can't even start to try overcome theirs. Just don't give up, you've made best decision you could make.

Hello Sahil,

I've been in the same situation you are right now and I know what you need to do.

But first, let me ask you a couple of questions. 

How bad is your gaming addiction? How bad are you behind your classes? How much time do you have before the point of no return, e.g. when are the exams? Do you think you will be able to catch up? What's your mental/physical condition (are you tired all the time or cannot concentrate)?

my gaming addiction is severely bad , i play games like many hours 12 to 13 hrs a day ,  after playing so much i didn't left much energy to concentrate in my class , when the teacher is giving his lecture regarding the topic in the class , i feel like when it will be over and when i will go to my home to play the game because i don't why gaming won't let me enjoying anything in the life. I believe that i have still time to back on the track but still i am afraid from telling to my teacher that can you teach me all over again. my physical conditions is ok ok means sometimes i feel pain in my chest after stretching and twisting the body and quite often i also suffered from mental sickness means after reading to 2-3 pages of a book i feel like i gotta to take some sleep and i am also the patient of Epilepsy , my seizures are in control due to proper medications, i have epilepsy by birth. 

A warm welcome to you, Sahil!  :)

I am sorry to hear about your situation, especially the taunting you received from friends you thought would help you through the addiction of gaming.  First of all, they are complete jerks, and you are a bigger person than what they think of you.  Secondly, you are in the right place.  There are many people here who understand what you are going through.  We're here to support you!  Please start your journey step by step, and remember to be kind to yourself.  Your life will change for the better because of this decision to overcome gaming.  It will take time and patience, so be very good to yourself and remind yourself that 'rome wasn't built in a day'. 

ya, i want to get rid of this so called gaming habit at all cost, but i don't where from where should i start ??

Hey Sahil! So cool for you to join us here from India and you will find a lot of support here on the forum. Although it can feel like you are far behind, this is a turning point for you. You can close the gap I promise :)

all i need help of those people who already experienced the same problem, i want to take lesson from their experiences instead of living their experiences and than take a lesson from it. :) 

Hi.

Don't worry about being too late to catch up. It is never a competition.

So, do you still want to pursue your dream there? There's a saying, you're the average of 5 people you spend time with. If I am reading this right, is your environment toxic (with any degree of toxicity) for you? So, just increase the time with 5 people you want to become the most.

Hello

It sounds like you are going through a lot of stress.  Which can make planning goals very difficult. 

First of all, I know you have epilepsy, but is there any physical outlet that you can do that is reasonable?  I ask this because if you can just get your stress levels down...through some form of exercise, or meditation....then you can probably focus on your goals.  Your mind and body really need healing right now before you attempt anything else.  I agree with SundayMiharu....if your social environment is quite toxic, perhaps you what will help you are positive people nearby?  I would spend less time with your friends, at this point, because they are not helping you in any way. 

@Sahil Chikara

Looks like the things are not that bad as I initially thought :) Anyway, judging by your posts, you are in a quite stressful environment right now. Quitting gaming is gonna be quite a challenge. But don't be afraid of the difficulties - the game quitters gang is happy to engage in jolly cooperation!

First of all, you need to cut the cord. Close all the gaming accounts and delete all the games to start your detox. The first weeks are the worst, because you gonna have cravings and nostalgia. But stay focused! You are in a great position, because you need to achieve the goal, so you will not have time for boredom, which usually triggers the cravings.  Second, get some rest and try to stick to the proper sleep routine. Lack of sleep and tiredness are the sure way to relapse. Eat well and exercise your body. Also the pressure with school and no support from family and friends is something that could make you feel desperate, thus triggering "escaping into gaming". You may want to share your decision to quit gaming and ask for help (any help) with school. And again, our community is very supportive - look how many people are in your thread; if you feel desperate and/or you are about to relapse - just talk it out. 

Edited by Revit

@Dannigan

@SundayMiharu

@Revit

Today i uninstalled my games , before uninstalling them my mind was trying to resist , it was saying to me all the time that i invested into the game to get the most valuable item and now you just letting them go, but i managed to control my mind and than uninstalled it.

Now, i am feeling good , i am feeling like that how much free time i have but still do not know how to utilize it , mostly i used to spend it in my gaming . Now i am trying to invest it into its right place. 

as i told you that i am fall behind my course , the course name is 2d flash and 3d max , i want to learn the fundamentals of it. and one more thing i forgot to about myself that what course i am persuing, i am persuing AAIP-Animations. 

Good work, Sahil  :)

Getting rid of the games is a good step for your situation.  Hopefully out of sight, out of mind.

I can only suggest that you take up a physical activity that will help you with stress at school and at home.  It's really up to you.  I think you're on the right path.

Edited by Dannigan

@Revit

Its been 19 hrs since i uninstalled my all games my pc , i was checking my facebook account there i saw my class teacher online , only by seeing him in my chat list , his name reminded me all of my guilt of my past , the guilt of when he used to teach in class, i didn't pay attention on that moment because of gaming , now the situation have become  pretty worse than before , he gave the task or project to the all student of the class to complete it , gave us a certain date to submit it, but the submission date is tomorrow and feeling kinda nervous and afraid (should i tell my teacher about the reality that these were reasons , i was lost but now i want to start it all over again) , so because of it , my craving are keeping , they are forcing me to play a game, in order to stay focused on my goal what should i do to get rid of my cravings. 

@Sahil Chikara

You need to understand that only you can take the responsibility for your future. If you don't make your own decisions, someone else will. And believe me you will not like it.

It all starts here. That's your new game you can play. Now _you_ is your new character. What do you want to achieve in this world? What "class" are you, in other words, what are you capable of? What are your weaknesses?  Oh, it seems like you have a quest to do, how are you going to do that? Oh, there are monsters you have to kill to level up and complete the quest, they are called "cravings". How are you going to defeat them? Nobody knows the answers. Besides you. Now tell us, what are you going to do next? Tell us the story of success you are making happened. 

Edited by Revit