NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Tools for Success

Please list and explain the tools you use to help your detox. I'd like to perfect my toolbox and I doubt I'm the only one.

Mine:
OneNote: I use this for to do lists and day planning by hour. At the end of the day, I make another day planner with what actually happened. This helps me stay organized and improves my self-awareness.
Stop Watch: Whenever I start a new clean day I start my stop watch. I look at this whenever I get cravings. It's like a high score that I'd sacrifice if I slip. If I do slip, I restart it my watch when I restart my purge.
Sudoku Book: I use this between places to fend off boredom.
iPad: Allows me to keep OneNote and Stop Watch on one device. I do not, however, keep Sudoku or any other games here.

Do you know any alternative to Google Calendar? You know, Big Brother is evil and all that.

I use fruux. It's free for up to two devices. It's also cross-platform, you basically plug it into your preffered calendar app. I then sync it between my Android Phone basic calendar app and Thunderbird+Lightning. I do most of the schedule planning in Thunderbird, but i still have my calendar ready when i am out of the house this way.

So far as i've seen, Fantastical 2 is only for Mac+iPhone, but it certainly looks good.

I use LibreOffice Calc for making sheets to track progress.

Also, real paper and printing out books instead of reading them on the computer (if they are not too long). And real pin boards/magnet bands for "refrigerator magnets". It just feels different this way. And if i put my thoughts into a text file, often i won't open that text file again. If i put my thoughts on paper, i will find that again sooner or later. Or put it on the pin board.

Edited by TheJan

Your own calendar, agenda and day planner. Sometimes the paper stuff works.

Also, real paper and printing out books instead of reading them on the computer (if they are not too long). And real pin boards/magnet bands for "refrigerator magnets". It just feels different this way. And if i put my thoughts into a text file, often i won't open that text file again. If i put my thoughts on paper, i will find that again sooner or later. Or put it on the pin board.

Ohh, classy ^_^

I'm currently looking for a whiteboard. Con is I won't be able to take it outside my room, but man it sure looks cool, gives any room that "entrepreneurial" feel.

Edited by Hitaru

• 2 weeks later...

RescueTime definitely deserves a spot here. It's an utility that can help you keep track of the time you spend on the computer and what you do on the computer during that time. This way it can reduce computer time for people who still spend alot of time on the computer.

The Lite version is certainly very useful so far.