NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Programming and gaming

coccinust

During this detox period, I've stayed away from programming because I felt it might make me relapse (gaming is what drew me into programming in the first place) . I'm not good at it, but I know basic HTML/CSS from highschool and python. I used to want to be a programmer when I grow up, but during this detox period I found out that there are many more choices if you're willing to put in the effort to make it happen.

Will learning coding get me addicted to games again? What would I have to do to make sure it doesn't affect me relationship with games?

As always, thanks guys :)

In my opinion coding is a different experience because it doesn't give you the instant gratification gaming provides. It has its dangers if you spent too much time on the computer and it triggers you. Maybe set your computer up in a way that you do only work on ?. Or make a work/programming profile and use it only for thsi purposes (nor surfing/reddit/youtube etc.).

I'd say as long as you make games to progress, it's okay. However if you start to code to make games, they would be an issue. Find out what work for you. I'm studying in that field, and making game was just a way to lie to myself, a way rationalize. There's a lot of other things that can be made with programming.