NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

F**k runescape and other mmorpgs

ragingatsuma

Got relapsed due to wanting to have another level up. To see that number jump. To see the amount of damage you can deal and the number of gold you can obtain. Wish there was some other more beneficial way to see a level up and actually see good progress instead of just eyeing something like our muscle or intelligence. Sure we can see it in numbers of days worked out, or the number in our daily streaks of nongaming or nofap but it just doesnt bring that same satisfaction that a "level up" or seeing the "damage" your avatar does in gaming. Well i know it's a ridiculous rant but just wanted to get this off of my chest. 

What might help is starting questions to yourself. Does leveling up make you really happy? Does it bring you towards the things you want in life? What will your life look like when you're still doing this in a couple of years time? There are some more beneficial ways to level up in life (competition, gym, a skill, volunteering, anything you want, ...). Those skill are far more difficult than the game you're playing, but the results and satisfaction will also be far more pleasant and happy for you.

You're right that it doesn't bring the same satisfaction, it brings the satisfaction a 100 times more in real life ;) .

• Like 1

And to add: the satisfaction in real life takes sometimes a little bit or a lot longer to kick in. I really hear you btw with the numbers, if that was something in real life we all would maybe get that same energy rush after one hour of gaming, so one hour of real life. Although, is it still 'real' then? and 'life'? ;) 

btw, can i ask you how old you are? i can't seem to find your introduction. 

Did you watch the video? one example for a small habit is making up your bed. Do it well, actually, do it really good. Every morning when you get out of bed.

A system that works for me (though I'm still perfecting it) is that I reward myself with points for every task (household stuff, reading at least 10 pages a day, exercising etc.) I complete. The amount of points I get for each task depends on the difficulty. College stuff has always been my weak point and I find it difficulty to get started, so I reward myself with like 40 points. Since exercising comes easy now because I've been doing that for a while now, I get only 15 points for that. I do this for every task I consider a small win (multiple small wins equals succes)

For instance: I've listened to a podcast that helps me understand how to set up a business. I get 10 points because it's not that difficult to do. However, I don't get points for things like watching Netflix. 

And after some amount of points, 100 for instance, you level up (I literally just came up with this). For the next level you need double the amount of points. And so you'll feel better after every task you complete. Keep in mind not to write a long list of all the stuff you want to do that day (if you have to, only put 2 or 3 things on it) because that sucks the willpower out of you. But write it down after you've completed the task. Along with the amount of points, add a note if relevant.

I've added an example below:

20160324_120509.thumb.jpg.371efa23911955

Don't mind the handwriting. But this helps me to deal with instant gratification plus I get way more work done this way. And after a while, a lot of things come easy, they become a habit

Hope this helps. If not, that's fine as well :) 

Thanks for reading anyways.

- Mark

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is a website that uses levels for fitness called fitocracy...ie walk/run so far or lift weights etc and u get points and level.  If u must see a "level" convert it to a healthy goal like they shared above.  I break down the task I want into steps/levels that I need to accomplish mentally.  So if u need to see a level, accept it and make it work for you.