NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Nick's Daily Journal

Falky

The most important thing you can do to switch this right now is to start being much more intentional with how you start your day. What is your morning routine? If you get the free chapters of the Challenge (available here) it will help you setup a morning routine. Imagine starting your day with a few wins right away. A bit of exercise, a nice healthy meal, a task you have for work or two. Now you have momentum and that momentum builds into the rest of your day.

Yeah I agree Cam, at the moment my morning ritual starts off as...Wake up - Grab a Drink - Mindlessly Browse the internet and watch Netflix. I believe If i can shift my routine into something like... wake up - Exercise - shower - meditate - grab drink & breakfast - start on a job task, my body and mind will thank me!

Also I tried downloading the three chapters but nothing has come through yet?

Exactly. Try this link.

Thanks Cam, that link worked. :)

Day 29 - Refreshed But Volatile Morning

Day 29 has come around and still no games in sight, I think I've been too engrossed with my feelings that I haven't had the chance to even contemplate playing games. Yesterday I spent all my day just reflecting and listening to the audio book of The Willpower Instinct and thinking about doing the same today, but also write a little bit...whether its for my next book or on my blog is another question all together.

This morning I woke up a little bit earlier than normal. I went on the bike for 5 minutes, had a quick shower and meditated for 5 mins. I'm going to do the same tomorrow then up my exercise time to 10-15 minutes.

Now comes the volatile bit. Literally the moment I wake up is the moment I start becoming agitated by my Fiancee. She keeps making stupid remarks and the attitude is terrible, this carries on for another 15 minute or so.

She mumbles under her breath "you're doing my head in" and that's when I Iose it. I yell at her and the she becomes all stroppy and keeps slamming the door...so I get angry again and end up yelling again!

Anyways apart from the angry start I feel a lot more clear headed than normal and feel a bit better in myself. I'm going to listen to more of the willpower instinct, read Cam's Free Chapters and reflect more.

Then tomorrow I will continue with a normal day of work. I think my mental health is a little more important than money at the moment.

Lets see how today goes, one day at a time eh?

What I'm Grateful For:

• The ability to write.
  • This Journal.

Today's Agenda:

• Listen to more of The Willpower Instinct
  • Read Cam's Free PDF
  • Reflect On My Life and Feelings

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its due to because we are constantly around each other at the moment and need our space. So shes been in the other room most of the day and OK cheers Cam I'll check it out. :)

I recently wrote this article too, it kind of arose from my argument earlier lol...may be a good topic for you to cover on your channel too? (that's if you haven't done it already)

http://falkysolutions.com/stop-thinking-world-owes/

Something like the only person who is going to help you is yourself? (apply it to gaming etc.) Anyways now I wrote that...time to get back to learning el espanol ^^

Day 30 - Dreaming Of Games...Literally!

It's day 30 and I'm going very strong with the gaming Detox. Sometimes I dream of playing a game then for like 1 second after waking up I actually believe I broke the Detox lol. As soon as I realise It was just a dream, a wave of relief just passes over me.

Yesterday I went on the bike, meditated, wrote in my journal, wrote a blog post and learnt some more Spanish. Apart from the bumpy start the day went well. I plan to do roughly the same today too.

After I've finished writing this entry I will be shooting a video on Anxiety, re-potting my Bonsai and then doing a bit of cleaning/D.I.Y work. It should be a fairly fun day for me!

What I'm Grateful For:

• Ebay.
  • Sugar-Free Redbull
  • Nature

Today's Agenda:

• Shoot & Edit The Anxiety Video.
  • Re-pot my Bonsai.
  • Tidy the garden up and take out the bin.
  • Re-wire the washing line.
  • Write in journal.
  • Learn & Practice more Spanish.
Edited by Falky

I've had that happen to me, I'll be dreaming about gaming and I'll feel horrible because I've failed to complete the detox, but I won't wake up right away so I just keep gaming and feeling horrible! Kind of a nightmare actually! haha

Yeah I normally accidentally start playing games in my dreams, sucks big time...so yeah it is a Nightmare xD

Day 31 - Reached The Month Milestone! (Woo)

It's now the start of April and oh my what a month of no-gaming has it been! It had my ups and downs, especially the last half/quarter of the month. I started off strong at the beginning and as the month went on and I ran out of things to watch on Netflix.

Even at this stage it was the hardest point, it was also the best thing that happened to me though. I realized I couldn't go a life with just watching the TV and I needed to change the way I spent my days.

Now I'm getting up, exercising, meditating, writing in my journal before I do anything else. After my Journal I tend to chill out and wake up whilst having breakfast perhaps watch something on YouTube. As soon as I've finished it's straight onto what I need to get done.

After around 4-5 hours of work, I relax a bit and have dinner. Then after dinner (when I would normally game) I learn Spanish, so I'm making sure that I try to make my day as productive as possible.

Today is my mum's Birthday, so it will be a case of either writing more of my next book or writing a blog to accompany the video I did on Anxiety which I'll link below if anyone has anxiety. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTnr12kfpB4

After I finish work, we are going to walk round to my parents and chill there before we go off for a meal to TGIFridays, so it wont be a real busy day, I plan to do a lot more work tomorrow and then take the Majority of Sunday off.

What I'm Grateful For:

• My Willpower
  • My Strength
  • Cam & This Forum
  • Not having to wake up to an alarm.

Today's Agenda:

• Complete A Blog Post
  • Write In Journal
  • Learn the time Spanish
  • Watch Either a TedX Talks or something similar.

Day 32 - Another Sunny English Day

It's another sunny day in England, I'm blasting some music with the sun shining in through the windows and I'm feeling great. The more I sit here, the more I want to just go outside and chill lol. Before I do that I need to finish off some work first, it shouldn't take too long though.

I had a good day yesterday, I managed to do a little bit of work whilst around my parents for my mum's birthday. In the evening we went out for dinner and had a great time there too.

We managed to get in around half 11pm and I squeezed in around 30 minutes of Spanish lessons and a few language learning videos before bed. So i managed to complete all my goals, which is awesome :)

Today should be a little less hectic. I plan to complete some website work and do a bit of other work, then fit in some gardening work. (I said quite a lot of work in that sentence lol!)

What I'm Grateful For:

• Music
  • Sun
  • Krispy Kremes

Today's Agenda:

• Finish Off Some Work
  • Learn More Spanish
  • Hopefully Do Some Garden Work
  • Write In Journal
Edited by Falky
Reasons

Day 33 - Lazy Sunday

My head is rather foggy at the moment since i haven't had any caffeine yet, so I shall keep this entry short. Yesterday went great in regards to not gaming and I spent most of the day doing work on and off whilst learning Spanish and watching YouTube Videos.

Today I will be going round my parents for Sunday dinner and watching the cricket, It's the World 20/20 finals and England are in it. :)

So I'm going to write this and make a move.

Exercise was tough to start today but I managed to just get on with it. (trying to build my willpower up)

Anyways I'll catch you guys and girls tomorrow :)

What I'm Grateful For:

• Family
  • Stuff? haha

Today's Agenda:

• Write In Journal
  • Exercise
  • Chill out

Day 34 - Lack Motivation

I'm on day 34 and it's one of those weird days where I lack motivation, but somehow I'm getting things done. This is OK I guess, just gotta get through today and see what the rest of the week brings.

Yesterday went pretty well, I don't think I will game throughout the 90 day detox, I'm just battling with my emotions now. Today will just be a straight forward day, I was going to do the garden if it didn't rain...but it rained lol.

Just need to do some work and little bit of D.I,Y...actually today is going to be boring :/

Oh well...Cya tomorrow.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Cherryade
  • Music
  • Friends

Today's Agenda:

• Work for 4 hours.
  • Write In Journal.
  • Do a minimum of 15 minutes Spanish learning.
  • (optional) Do Gardening If it brightens up.

Motivation is less important than getting shit done. Get it? :D

Was that meant to be a joke haha? Sorry if it is but im rather dense headed today xD

Day 35 - Need To Figure Out Stuff

Yesterday went alright in hindsight. I managed to do a bit of gardening and learn a fair bit of Spanish, but I'm neglecting my work at the moment. So today I need to put on my headphones and get some solid hours of work done.

After I have completed some work, I need to research a lot on marketing and money saving. This is another problem I struggle with. I'm really good at money management but I fail to 'not' spend money haha.

So I may buy a couple of books. One on eBook/Book marketing and the other on money. If anyone has any good suggestions on books let me know!

What I'm Grateful For:

• My Gaming Detox Is Going Well.
  • My Spanish Lessons Are Going Well.
  • Monster Energy Drink

Today's Agenda:

• Get some solid hours of work done. (Priority!)
  • Research Into Money & Marketing
  • Learn More Spanish
  • Write In Journal
  • Finish Off Yesterday's Gardening, depending on the weather. (Optional)

Kind of. It's more that motivation is overrated. I rarely wake up and think about whether or not I'm "motivated" today. That doesn't mean my motivation doesn't change, and I don't have harder days, but a consistent pattern I see with you guys right now is an obsession with motivation. Whether you have motivation or not, get the shit done you need to get done. It can be that simple ;)

Kind of. It's more that motivation is overrated. I rarely wake up and think about whether or not I'm "motivated" today. That doesn't mean my motivation doesn't change, and I don't have harder days, but a consistent pattern I see with you guys right now is an obsession with motivation. Whether you have motivation or not, get the shit done you need to get done. It can be that simple ;)

So so true Cam. I'm overthinking things at the moment, way too much and i just need to do it. It's the same approach I took with my anxiety, so after I write the journal for today, have breakfast, I'm going to get straight to work.

Day 36 - Yesterday I Was a Lumberjack...kind of!

Yesterday I planned to complete some work. I was just about to start and I noticed the weather was awesome and there were no clouds in sight. So I sprung into action and went to work on the garden of our new home. To say it was overgrown and shabby is an understatement!

I spent around 3-4 hours just cutting back a tree, cutting the grass and tidying up. I'm now sitting here with my legs and arms aching from yesterday haha, so it was a good workout!

Today seems like another nice day, so I may go out and finish off what I started and tidy up the branches and wood I chopped up. For today though work is priority and I need to do some this week!

The only reason I didn't get work done yesterday is because I wanted to take advantage of the good weather and when I get going I'm like a snowball down hill lol. I still managed to learn my Spanish, write in my journal (obviously) and exercise, so everything is good on the personal development front...just not on the financial front xD.

Slow and steady wins the race I guess... anyhoo time to crack on with my day.

What I'm Grateful For:

• My Axe
  • My Cutters
  • Having a fresh hair cut
  • Recliner Seats
  • My Bed

Today's Agenda:

• I have worked for 4 hours minimum! (Going to start writing these properly now)
  • I have wrote In my journal.
  • I have spent 20-30 minutes learning Spanish and estoy me gusta! 

Day 37 - Managed To Focus...Yay!

Yesterday went very, very well in regards to everything! I managed to write an article for ezinearticles.com, do a lot of research and learn a fair bit of Spanish. Not once did I even contemplate gaming, which is awesome sauce.

Today I woke up pretty late, I must of needed the sleep. The only downside is that I didn't get some voice-over work done for some videos I planned to do. It's not a problem I just need to do them when the house is quiet.

Over the past couple of days I've been doing the garden and have some nice footage to add into a VLog, if you are interested in wildlife and gardening then it's for you! I'll be hopefully uploading a the VLog on Monday.

My agenda for today is to carry on with marketing research, edit and get a tech video ready to upload for tomorrow. Make head-way on either a blog or my book and finish off by learning more Spanish.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Bird Feeders
  • Kinder Eggs
  • Lil' Birdies

Today's Agenda:

• I have completed my Market Research (3)
  • I have Edited my Tech Video (1)
  • I've completed writing 1000 words on my new book. (2)
  • I have wrote in my Journal.
  • I need to fit in my exercise soon too, considering i woke up late.

Right I'm off to go plan what I need to do and such, thanks for reading! :) 

Day 38 - This Detox Is Starting To Work :o

I had an estimate that around the 40 day mark the detox will start to kick-in and I would start to see benefits of not gaming. Well I was close, it's starting to take effect 2 days earlier :D

Now I normally feel like this for one day when I start a healthy eating diet or I start another new adventure. This feeling normally fizzles out after a day or two though. The past week or so I've exercised every day.

Even like yesterday I missed a morning workout due to waking up late, instead I just completed around an hour of work and hopped on the bike. So I'm definitely seeing a improvement in willpower and productivity.

Now whether this is a psychological affect from the gaming detox or my actual willpower is increasing, I'm definitely seeing an improvement! I managed to smash my goals from yesterday and I plan to do the same today!

I will be uploading a tech video today and creating a blog to go with it. Then I will doing a bit more tidying up in the garden after work is finished. I'm thinking about increasing my language learning up to an hour. If anyone is reading this and has learnt/learning a new language, what sort of learning time do you find best?

What I'm Grateful For:

• My Life
  • The sun
  • Nature
  • Bin Men
  • Relentless Apple & Kiwi

Today's Agenda:

• Finished Video & Uploaded
  • I have wrote in my blog
  • I've spent 15 minutes Learning Spanish
  • I have tided the garden up more.
  • I've wrote in my journal.
Edited by Falky

I just started  a daily languaeg session and so far i like my 45min. It is challenging to be fokussed for so long but it isn't hard. and if I keep doing it I will go pretty fast through my memrise courses.

Good plan Batman...I'm going to see how long I can learn for before I start to see diminishing returns. I'm going to up it to 45 minutes and see how it goes.