NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Nick's Daily Journal

Falky

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 13 - D.I.Y Crazy

Day 13 has come around and today so far has been pretty choca-block full with D.I.Y projects and other stuff. I've only really just sat down and now have a chance to write in my Journal and do some business work.

But so far so good in regards to gaming, haven't gamed at all and im not too far away from breaking my previous (without trying) record which is 14 days.

Any cravings that I do have quickly passes.

After I write in this journal I need to edit and upload today's VLog to Youtube, I will probably link it here tomorrow If anyone is interested.

What I'm Grateful For:

• 80's music.
  • Spirit Levels (been putting shelves up lol)
  • Cherryade

Today's Goals:

• Put shelving and picture up.
  • Write In Journal
  • Edit & Upload VLog

Until next time folks, take care.

Day 14 - Reached My Previous Best

It's day 14 and I've reached my previous best of 2 weeks without gaming! I must admit half-way through the 14 days it was quite tough and I felt pretty depressed. But now I'm back to normal perhaps a little better actually.

Every morning (yesterday was an exception) I write in this journal and express the things I'm grateful for. Plus my motivation with my fiancee being pregnant.

Apart from reaching my previous best, I haven't got much to write today. Still going strong with no gaming and feeling strong. :) 

What I'm Grateful For:

• Share Bag Crisps (chips)
  • Monster Energy Drink
  • Fresh Air

Today's Agenda:

• Splice a coaxial cable and put in a TV line.
  • Book Work.
  • Edit a video for tomorrow/Friday upload.

Catch you soon all, oh and below is the VLog I shot yesterday. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnP3z2-RRw

Congratulations on your personal best! I checked out your vlog because it is a good practice to improve my english( you got a little accent and mumbling going on). I like the idea of the product reviews and the general philosophy of helping out others with your channel.. The link to the chromebook 2 review in the description seems to be broken though. Atleast it didn't worked for me.

greetings Mario

Congratulations on your personal best! I checked out your vlog because it is a good practice to improve my english( you got a little accent and mumbling going on). I like the idea of the product reviews and the general philosophy of helping out others with your channel.. The link to the chromebook 2 review in the description seems to be broken though. Atleast it didn't worked for me.

greetings Mario

Thanks man, I plan to improve on the mumbling, I'm not the best of speaker...i'm more of a writer haha. So speaking is on my list of improvements. Regarding the accent...England has many different accents (mine is more of a southern/London accent.) Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into the links :)

Day 15 - Busy Day Scheduled

Today I woke up pretty late close to 10am and I perhaps feel like I need to start waking up a little bit earlier. It's now 12 and I'm only just starting work!

So I may set my alarm for around 8ish tomorrow, try and get an early start on the day.

Yesterday I did some prep work for today's TV aerial installation and I managed to do some video editing and a little bit of book work. I can definitely be doing more though...I need to be a little bit more disciplined I think.

In regards to gaming and cravings...I didn't game, but I was silly enough to watch a few game reviews. To say I wanted to game is an understatement lol. I felt the urge arrising and quickly turned off the gameplay and review videos.

Anyways today's agenda is finish off a book and schedule yesterday's video for Friday. If I feel motivated enough I may create a blog too.

What I'm Grateful for:

• Comfy Seats
  • My Chromebook
  • Having A Roof Over My Head

Today's Agenda:

• Finish off a book.
  • Schedule Video for Friday.
  • Write In Journal.
  • Finish Off Aerial Installation.

Until next time, take care :)

Game reviews, streams and so forth will only make you want to game. Avoid them :)

Yup! I used to always watch them because I enjoyed them whilst eating dinner etc. Now I'm not gaming its quite hard. It's a bit like an drug addict watching someone else shooting up and getting that high lol.

Day 16: Business As Usual

Yesterday I managed to get the aerial installation done, attaching the compression connector and crimping etc. My uncle came round earlier than expected so we ended up, putting up blind in the kitchen as well.

I managed to do everything apart from finish my book (I was around 3 quarters done). I was a little bit moody yesterday, but managed to plough through the day :).

I didn't look at games or even touch one, so still all good on that front!

Today I just need to crack on with my normal writing and blogging schedule, so it's business as usual. I'll start by just browsing this forum quickly and helping people, then watch perhaps one episode on Netflix with breakfast and crack on with writing and editing.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Masonry drills
  • This cold sugar free energy drink.
  • Comfy Dressing Gowns

Today's Agenda:

• Write In Journal & Help Out
  • Finish Off Book (properly this time)
  • Schedule Video For Tomorrow (definitely do it this time)
  • Create a scheduled Blog to accompany video.

• Comfy Dressing Gowns

Hey Falky!

Nothing beats a nice dressing gown and a comfy pair of slippers! xD

Congrats on your progress so far, it sounds like you've got a lot of things to keep you busy which is great. I'm curious as to your plans for that pile of PC games on the previous page?

Edited by Mark

• Comfy Dressing Gowns

Hey Falky!

Nothing beats a nice dressing gown and a comfy pair of slippers! xD

Congrats on your progress so far, it sounds like you've got a lot of things to keep you busy which is great. I'm curious as to your plans for that pile of PC games on the previous page?

Haha yeah man, I drink the whiskey every night all I miss is the slippers and cigar ;) 

Regarding the games, they are currently stored away and out of sight. I'm not sure whether I'll sell them or not, but in the mean time they aren't a problem for me.

The thought of someone having his games somewhere in reach drives people crazy! I hear gameaddicts mutter while they read your journal: "Get rid of them, destroy them,sell them damnit, SELL THEM!"  ;)

Haha, three quarters of the games are in my steam library anyhow, so the majority of those discs are redundant. Most gameaddicts would cringe at the thought of me still having my steam installed and one game still left on xD.

I like the willpower test...if things did get too bad I would do a overhaul and get rid of everything. But it's all good at the moment. =]

Haha yeah man, I drink the whiskey every night all I miss is the slippers and cigar ;) 

Regarding the games, they are currently stored away and out of sight. I'm not sure whether I'll sell them or not, but in the mean time they aren't a problem for me.

The thought of someone having his games somewhere in reach drives people crazy! I hear gameaddicts mutter while they read your journal: "Get rid of them, destroy them,sell them damnit, SELL THEM!"  ;)

tumblr_nvtzs1orlX1skmuavo1_500.gif

I just wondered that was all. I found selling some of my games, including ones that I haven't played in years, and had no intention of playing, to be a cleansing ritual of sorts. I applied similar logic to my Steam account. I deleted all of my games from my library, even though there is a way to get them back if required, so I understand your perspective of wanting to do it through pure willpower, because it is quite a simple process for someone to get the games back, be it physical or digital versions. For me personally, it just felt good to remove games from my life that I had no desire to return to. Regardless, I hope you pass the willpower test! xD

Edited by Mark

tumblr_nvtzs1orlX1skmuavo1_500.gif

I just wondered that was all. I found selling some of my games, including ones that I haven't played in years, and had no intention of playing, to be a cleansing ritual of sorts. I applied similar logic to my Steam account. I deleted all of my games from my library, even though there is a way to get them back if required, so I understand your perspective of wanting to do it through pure willpower, because it is quite a simple process for someone to get the games back, be it physical or digital versions. For me personally, it just felt good to remove games from my life that I had no desire to return to. Regardless, I hope you pass the willpower test! xD

Since this discussion I'm actually thinking of flogging a few of the games I have...kind've need the money anyways lol! I love that gif too haha. I think I may create a gif folder in a sec :D 

Day 17: Real Busy

It's now day 17 and I'm feeling alright. Yesterday though I had some real bad cravings. Everything I looked at kind of reminded of a game in some way, I'd be watching Orange Is The New Black and want to play that Prison game on Steam. Or see something on Facebook and want to play World of Tanks or a mobile basketball game.

I don't think it helped that we had a massive discussion on my games I stored away...I forgot about them until someone mentioned them lol.

I stuck with the detox though and managed to not game at all which is good. Also yesterday night I found myself working instead of gaming...which is a real first for me lol. I managed to get a plethora of work done yesterday so today I may take it a little easier.

Unfortunately my Fiancee took another test yesterday and she isn't pregnant so false alarm :( Not going to be a daddy anymore which sucks, but we both said we want to wait until after our wedding next year anyways.

Today I plan to get my head down for a few hours, do some publishing work, work on my site and do some learning.

What I'm Grateful For:

• This Forum
  • My Bed
  • Pen & Paper (I love writing stuff down)

Today's Agenda:

• Complete some publishing work.
  • Write in this journal.
  • Complete some website work.
  • Learn Something New.
  • Keep my social networks updated.

Day 17: Real Busy

I don't think it helped that we had a massive discussion on my games I stored away...I forgot about them until someone mentioned them lol.

giphy.gif

I imagine everybody has testing days like that at some point, well done for getting through it. Sorry for the inadvertent impromptu willpower test, I won't say another word about the games! :$

Day 18: Rugby & Treat Day

Yesterday hmmm, what did I do yesterday...my memory is seriously bad! Does anyone have any technique to improve memory lol?

Oh yeah I said I was gong to relax a little yesterday and that I did lol! I wanted to get a bit of work done but only did like a quarter of what I needed to do. So I'm going to try and finish off some work before the rugby starts.

I know there are quite a few Americans here but there's a Rugby Tournament called the 6 nations and it's the last day today. England have the chance of doing a grandslam which mean we've won every game played against the other 5 countries.

I've got some snacks and treated myself to some breakfast which isn't that healthy and depending on what we decide later we may order in some food.

Tomorrow will be back on healthy eating and head down with work again.

I haven't gamed in 18 days now and feel like I can do the full stretch at this moment in time. When I reach the month mark (30 odd days) I will give an update on how I feel and how my life has changed since gaming.

Today I may write up a plan for myself in regards to physical and mind activities because I'm feeling a bit stiff in regards to body and mind. That's the only thing I really miss about games is that they kept my mind sharp and alert.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Freshly Cooked Sausage Rolls
  • Television
  • Family

Today's Agenda:

• Finish off the work I was meant to do yesterday.
  • Relax and Pig out! :D

Great job on 18 days! :D

Thanks! :D

Day 19: Sunday Lunch

It's day 19 and I'm feeling really good. I went around my parents for Sunday dinner and had a nice roast. Whist there I did a bit of gardening for them which was good, the fresh air was a refreshing change.

This is the reason for a late journal...and because I slept in haha.

Yesterday was great too, I managed to get a lot of work done so I was really happy. My productivity has definitely sky-rocketed since quitting games, that's for sure!

All I have got left to do today is, do a bit of organizing around the house, research into learning Spanish and research Yoga & stretching. But in regards to my gaming Detox it's going really well! :)

What I'm Grateful for:

• Online Shopping
  • Fresh Air
  • Mum's cooking

Today's Agenda:

• Research into learning Spanish more.
  • Research Yoga & Stretching.
  • Organize stuff in the house a little bit.
  • Write In Journal.
  • Do Gardening For Parents.

Cya tomorrow all! :D

Day 20: Another Monday, Another Week

Yesterday was great in the day, I kept myself busy and managed to get quite a bit done. When night time came around though, that's when the real challenge arose.

I wrote in the other forum about this but, during the evening I had literally nothing to do and I was too tired to learn anything, but also not tired enough for me to sleep. I was just sitting at my computer staring at the screen and was very close to installing a game to play!

In the end I didn't and managed to cope enough. After the detox if I decide to play games again I could moderate it to only playing around that sort of time for like only 1 or 2 hours.

On today's agenda though I will be doing the normal work day stuff, I will be doing a Tech Solution video and blog plus some book publishing work. After I've written this, I'll be relaxing for 10 minutes then, it's work time!

I need to also focus on what I eat and try to exercise at some point each day, because since I've quit gaming I've put on a few pounds.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Beautiful Sunny Day
  • Bananas
  • Family

Today's Agenda:

• Work for a few hours
  • Stretch and exercise
  • Write in journal
  • Learn something new