• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lift heavy Falky, lift heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPVBYI4N3Js

Lool love bro science xD

Day 49 - Sore AF

Crikey yesterday went quick! Yesterday I smashed the weights, cardio, Spanish and video editing. Unfortunately I didn't get round to any writing because:

a) I was a lazy f!$k.

b) A friend came round for like 2 hours when I was meant to do that said writing. All we talked about is what he can do to improve himself.

c) I was Lethargic as f"£k from not eating.

I was just pleased I managed to get at-least one piece of work done yesterday, but in hindsight I smashed all my personal goals so I'd rather have done that than business goals to be fair.

Today will be just cardio, bit of Spanish learning and writing, so nothing too taxing lol.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Birds Singing
  • Sun Shining
  • My Body Losing the fat

Today's Agenda:

• Write A Blog
  • Learn Spanish for 15 minutes
  • Exercise For 20 minutes
  • Read 1 Chapter of the four hour work week.

Fat Loss Section - Day 8

I feel absolutely awesome at the moment. I weighed myself this morning and I lost another pound, i don't normally weight myself everyday but it's interesting to see how the body reacts to my new lifestyle.

I wont become disheartened if i stay the same or put on though because i know it's not practical lose lose 1 pound every day! I actually wouldn't mind it staying the same for a few days because that means I'm losing the fat healthily.

Anyhow I cant complain! Onwards and upwards! 

Awesome you summer figure is awaiting!

I think the key to fatloss is to create a healthy lifestyle. Learn to cook, find healthy food you like and be mindfull of the amount you eat. Combined with a workout routine which has so much other benefits there is no chance of a boomerang effect.

It is actually good that you monitor your fat loss closely because if you keep loosing so much you have to eat more soon :D

Awesome you summer figure is awaiting!

I think the key to fatloss is to create a healthy lifestyle. Learn to cook, find healthy food you like and be mindfull of the amount you eat. Combined with a workout routine which has so much other benefits there is no chance of a boomerang effect.

It is actually good that you monitor your fat loss closely because if you keep loosing so much you have to eat more soon :D

Yeah for the first month im gunna pretty much monitor my fat loss so i can adjust and amend as appropriate and yup I'm doing all those :)

My mate is doing the Atkins diet and he lost around 6 or so stone...he has put it all back on and is now doing it again lol. Oh well I'm just going to keep to myself lose the weight and let my results show :)

This is pretty much the only place that I'm announcing I'm losing fat.

Day 50 -  Slow & Steady Wins The Race

My journal is a bit later than normal and I've done the majority of what i needed to do today which is good. Yesterday went pretty well and I finished all my goals apart from reading a book.

This morning I took an awesome walk with my fiancee to the shop in this sunny weather and checked out my parents house whilst they are away on Holiday. I brought the shopping home and had a weights session and went on the bike afterwards.

My diet has been spot on and I plan to do some language learning after dinner, which will be in around 15 minutes.

But yeah, I'm feeling stronger, lighter and more focused!

Here is the blog I wrote yesterday - http://falkysolutions.com/gaming-benefits/

It's about the gaming benefits (even though they can be counter-productive I don't regret the years I did spend on them, we just need to learn moderation!)

You will all pleased to know i will be doing a gaming negatives post perhaps next week hehe...(I will mention game quitters there a couple of times and link this site, hopefully we can get even more members!)

What I'm Grateful For:

• Internet
  • Ice Cold Water
  • The Beautiful Sunny Weather
  • The Cool Breeze Coming Through The Window
  • Fruit :x

Today's Agenda:

• Take walk to shop for fruit and milk.
  • Write In Journal
  • Lift Weights
  • Perform Cardio on bike for 10-20 minutes.
  • Learn Spanish for 15 minutes.
  • Read one chapter of 4 hour work week.

Fat Loss Section - Day 9

Everything is going fantastic. :) I'm planning to weight myself Friday to guage where I'm at. I've exercised every day so far and stuck within my calorie deficit.

Slow and steady wins the race! :)

(anyways time to eat I'm hungry!)

Day 51 - <Insert Title Here>

My arms ache and It's cheat day! (every cloud and all) I plan to do a little bit of work today and exercise on the bike. Then I need to do some brainstorming for my work schedule in the upcoming weeks.

Nothing major to report though; just business as usual. I had quite a few game urges yesterday come to speak of it, perhaps it was because all the game trailers i kept coming across on tv etc.

The new Hearthstone expac and the new WoW movie etc. Oh well these little challenges build our willpower so I say bring them on :)

What I'm Grateful For:

• Recliner Seat
  • The Local Kebab Van
  • My Razer Kraken Headphones
  • My willpower, strength and perseverance.

Today's Agenda:

• Learn 15 minutes of Spanish
  • Exercise for 20 minutes
  • Work
  • Something, something, dark side.

Fat Loss Section - Day 10

Managed to stay under my calories (just about yesterday) the Mrs cooked dinner without checking the calories of a part of the meal and lets just say it was really the best haha!

This week I plan to increase my cardio to 6 days anyways so hopefully this should account for any calories I've missed. (im not counting my exercise calories too.) But yeah just got to remain consisted and hang in there.

I weighed myself today again and put on 2 pounds, but I was expecting these due to weight fluctuations anyways and my official weigh-in isn't until Monday anyhow.

Going to go and fill the bird feeders up and then either work or learn some new stuff!

Cya soon guys and girls. :)

Falky I haven't read your whole journal yet,but I really like your "What I'm grateful for list".I think I'll be trying this as an exercise every time I remember about it.

Falky I haven't read your whole journal yet,but I really like your "What I'm grateful for list".I think I'll be trying this as an exercise every time I remember about it.

Thanks gresa and haha, I would be impressed if you read my whole journal! I have a tendency to write a lot each entry :D

Day 52 - Creative Title To Detail What You Will Read Ahead

I had an epic cheat day for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday and It didn't feel as good as I thought it would. I would guess it's probably because my body is starting to detox from the crap I've been eating, which is fantastic.

Today I have some video editing planned and various other activities, so should keep me nice and busy. I currently have disturbed blasting whilst the Mrs is out xD 

But anyhow a short one for today! I woke up later than normal so i need to get moving on stuff.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Disturbed & Slipknot
  • My own space
  • The Bin men

Today's Agenda:

• Film Monday's VLog
  • Edit and Publish Today's Solution Video
  • Write in journal
  • Lift weights
  • exercise for 20 minutes
  • learn Spanish for 15 minutes

Fat Loss Section - Day 11

I had a major cheat day yesterday and didn't really enjoy it but oh well. I got all my cravings out of the way and now it's time to crack on with the fat loss! I need to work hard for my next weigh in :)!

I may not be publicizing my results to everywhere, but it's the fact I want it for myself and I want to smash my previous weight goal. I think this is the point everyone needs to reach before they can truly start to see change in their life. Before I was doing it for other people and for other people's reactions...now im doing it for my own reaction if that makes sense?

Anyways, need to go, catch you all later. Much love! x

Day 53 - Finding It Hard

I've had a good couple of weeks, but for some reason today I'm finding it pretty hard. All I want to do is play a game and then eat a shit tonne of junk food. I can't pin-point whether I'm lonely, depressed or bored...perhaps all three.

I know I want to finish this detox so I'm not going to derail...but im seriously struggling with fat loss at the moment. In the past I would normally eat my troubles away, I'm the proverbial emotional eater and sometime's games would help me to not over-eat.

The games would be a buffer, instead of eating I would just hop on a game and forget everything. I'm sitting here writing this with Jeremy Kyle on in the background, hungry because I can't eat for another 3 hours and bored. On top of that I seem to be the only one to contact my friends, so meh.

I'm going to have a look through the journal's soon and see how other people cope with their feelings. My willpower is holding up at the moment, but if this is going to be occurring frequently I want to know how to beat it instead of winging it.

What I'm Grateful For:

• My Fiancee

Today's Agenda:

• Learn Spanish
  • Research

Fat Loss Section - Day 12

Finding it hard and struggling to cope with the diet all I want to do is eat. Need to overcome this obstacle to achieve what I want in life.

These feelings arise in everyone. Your mind rebels against the change you going through. Sometimes you will feel just bad and bored and sad.  Here are some insights I made over time to withstand these situations :

1) Check if your standards are in place: Did you sleep/drink enough? Often times this is the reason for a funk(admittedly doesn't help you much if you are on a diet)

2)List the reasons on a paper why you are doing the things you are struggling with. Often times it helps you to realize that the stress is internal and nothing which is forced upon you

3)Accept that your feeling bad and try to identify the feeling and inspect it with curiosity. Ask yourself: When did it arise? How does your body react to this feeling?

I do myself lack the ability to stand bad feelings. In my past if i was stressed I would escape into gaming. Mindfulness helped me to just feel the feelings and sit them out. Later on you realize that it sucked but that is all. Nothing happened. It just sucked and now it is over. You realize that your feelings doesn't have to command your actions. Daily meditation helped me to get better at this

4) Say one thing to yourself. Everything vanishes. If you happy at one moment there will be soon the moment where this feeling disappears. If you sad the same thing will happen. You don't have to take action for it. It is just in the nature of things to vanish after some time( I know this is kind of spiritual bullshit but it is true).

These feelings arise in everyone. Your mind rebels against the change you going through. Sometimes you will feel just bad and bored and sad.  Here are some insights I made over time to withstand these situations :

1) Check if your standards are in place: Did you sleep/drink enough? Often times this is the reason for a funk(admittedly doesn't help you much if you are on a diet)

2)List the reasons on a paper why you are doing the things you are struggling with. Often times it helps you to realize that the stress is internal and nothing which is forced upon you

3)Accept that your feeling bad and try to identify the feeling and inspect it with curiosity. Ask yourself: When did it arise? How does your body react to this feeling?

I do myself lack the ability to stand bad feelings. In my past if i was stressed I would escape into gaming. Mindfulness helped me to just feel the feelings and sit them out. Later on you realize that it sucked but that is all. Nothing happened. It just sucked and now it is over. You realize that your feelings doesn't have to command your actions. Daily meditation helped me to get better at this

4) Say one thing to yourself. Everything vanishes. If you happy at one moment there will be soon the moment where this feeling disappears. If you sad the same thing will happen. You don't have to take action for it. It is just in the nature of things to vanish after some time( I know this is kind of spiritual bullshit but it is true).

Yeah this is exactly how im approaching it and i totally agree with everything you've said. I feel a bit better now since I've read through people's journals and somehow i've managed to go on the bike for 20 minutes and read a chapter of my book :o

Now im about to play chess with my mate who's come over.

I'm glugging down the water as we speak and I'm allowed to eat in an hour lol.

Yeah I've definitely starting to recognise the inner workings of my brain and becoming more present since meditating and doing this game detox.

Thanks for the tips dude :D

One thing to note is that you just had a cheat day where I imagine, you ate a bunch of sugar. So your system was SPIKED and now you're on the other side of it (the CRASH). Anytime I start feeling a bit off, I look at what my last few days has been like and if there's anything that could help explain it. ;)

Great post!

One thing to note is that you just had a cheat day where I imagine, you ate a bunch of sugar. So your system was SPIKED and now you're on the other side of it (the CRASH). Anytime I start feeling a bit off, I look at what my last few days has been like and if there's anything that could help explain it. ;)

Yeah definitely agree with this, I know every time i have a cheat day i normally have a binge week afterwards and this is what normally screws a diet up for me. So I need to address this for the future and maybe just have one cheat meal instead of a day.

Day 54 - Emotions Are Now In Check

After an emotional low yesterday I feel a lot better today, which is great. ? I'm back on the healthy eating track and feeling better. Yesterday I managed to get more than i imagined done.

Today I plan to chill out and plan my week ahead, I'm thinking of exercising today or not...if i exercise today, that would mean I've exercised everyday this week :o I may just exercise just because that would be the first time I've exercised for 7 days in a row.

I will come to that decision when my exercise alarm goes off lol. Apart from planning the week and such, i haven't got much to do today.

Oh I may do a Vlog plan for Friday and Saturday because on Friday I'm going down to the Bovington Tank Museum with some friends for Tiger Day on Saturday. We're making it a weekend thing.

These are my clan mates from World Of Tanks and it's going to be testing my cravings when I get back lol. Anyways it should be fun.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Friends
  • My bed
  • Oxygen
  • Gravity
  • Turtles

Today's Agenda:

• Plan Stuff
  • Relax & Stuff
  • Maybe Do Some Exercise Stuff
  • Read Stuff

(Gotta love those Sunday goals loool)

Fat Loss Section - Day 13

Back On track with everything which is awesome. I done an early weight check to see where I was before my official weigh-in and I should be on track to lose 1-2 pounds tomorrow which is good!

I may exercise today to make sure so I'm 80% certain i will do the bike today.

Day 55 - New Week, New Adventure

Another Monday. Another week. After today I plan to knuckle down and crank out a few videos and one blog post before Friday's trip.

I'm struggling to find words to write down today for some reason...oh yeah. Yesterday went alright in regards to diet and learning stuff. I watched a 2 hour long video of Hearthstone yesterday for a willpower test and it went really well...i had fun without any craving so that's good.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Parents
  • Chromebook
  • Stuff

Today's Agenda:

• Relax with parents
  • Learn Spanish
  • Go on Bike when I get in
  • Plan out the week and tank VLogs.

Fat Loss Section - Day 14

Weight: 19.1 Stone

My fat loss in theory is going well. I've stuck to my eating plan and schedule and I've been below my calories everyday. I weighed myself officially today and I've lost a pound since my last official weigh in.

So far so good, just have to remain consistent :)

There are many ways to give yourself a "willpower test" without using a Hearthstone video. Go take a cold shower next time ;)

Aaaah cold showers I can do in my sleep :P

Day 56 - Personal Development Is A-Okay!

In regards to fat loss and other areas of my life I'm starting to make head-way for once. I'm losing a steady amount of weight and I lost another pound for this week so far. The only trouble is that because im focusing on my fat loss, game detox and Spanish, I'm starting to lack on the work front.

You see I have the type of personality where I do very well at a task when I focus on it...the only trouble is I can only really focus on one or two and then other areas of my life start to fail.

My psychiatrist actually pointed this out on my evaluation when I was seeing him and my Councillor for my anxiety a while back. For example when I was working my full time job at a company I struggled to lose weight and do pretty much anything else. This was because I put all my focus on work and my relationship

Now I'm not in my full time job and have freedom to do what I want...I'm now focused on my game detox and fat loss and as expected my work is falling behind. I don't mind this happening as in my eyes personal health is better than money.

Eventually though I would like what I'm doing to become more of habit so I can start focusing on work again. Sometimes I really hate my brain lol...

Anyways today I want to at least do some work with my other personal tasks. After I write this im going straight on my main computer to edit some videos clips. I may have to start going straight to work once waking up because lately I've been getting up, writing my journal and then becoming distracted by other elements.

Yeah that's what im going to do. Wake up. Grab drink and go straight on my computer to work for an hour or two, then when that's done I know I've at-least had 2 hours of work done which will be a lot more than im doing now lol.

Ill see how that works out for tomorrow on-wards.

What I'm Grateful For:

• Whiskey
  • Ability to write
  • My Fat Loss
  • Water

Today's Agenda (In Order Today):

• Edit & Upload My VLog
  • Exercise & Lift Weights
  • Organize Computer Files & Maintain Social Media
  • Learn Spanish For 15 minutes
  • Plan tomorrow's Agenda
  • Relax & Reflect on my day

Fat Loss Section - Day 15

My fat loss journey is going well so far. I weighed in this morning and I lost another pound which is awesome, but i'm not recording it down. These daily weigh-ins are more about progress rather than status updates and it seems I'm on the right track :)

Well apart from the aforementioned things, nothing else to report on. Cya folks soon :)