NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Can i bot?

coccinust

Hey guys, so this is my first post here, but I've been following Cam's videos for a few months now (thank you for being the face of the game quitting scene!) I'm thinking about quitting (or at least tone it down to 1h/day on weekday and 2h/day on weekend -is that still too much?) gaming now that my exams are coming up as that will hopefully provide an incentive to stop me playing.

During this time, would it be OK for me to bot? Whilst I understand that it's breaking the game's rules, would it actually be detrimental for me to bot? My PC is bad enough that I can't bot and play at the same time (as in I'll bot instead of playing-sort of a immoral compromise xD), however I will be spending most of my spare time in the next few months looking on the computer. Or would it be better to take breaks when studying to do other tasks (drawing/reading/meditation etc?)

Thank you for your help :)

Hello Coccinust

If you are serious about quitting games, I would recommend to not bot. I think this is just going to keep you more connected to the game and it will be harder to quit. Before you start gaming in moderation, I would prove to yourself that you can go without gaming for like a couple of months. This will give you information if gaming in moderation is possible for you.

Best of luck with it :) !!

Hello Coccinust

If you are serious about quitting games, I would recommend to not bot. I think this is just going to keep you more connected to the game and it will be harder to quit. Before you start gaming in moderation, I would prove to yourself that you can go without gaming for like a couple of months. This will give you information if gaming in moderation is possible for you.

Best of luck with it :) !!

Great advice. In my short time on these forums, I like the fact that the word moderation isn't spoken in hushed tones, but it is important to be honest with yourself. If you're serious about changing your gaming habits for the better, then you need to prove to yourself that you can go an extended length of time without gaming like Federer said. I'm in the belief that I'm only really addicted to multiplayer games, whereas I'm much more in control when playing single-player games, but I need to find out for certain, and the only way to do that is by taking a break for a while.

Like @Cam Adair says...

The truth is, if you can't go 90 days without gaming... you probably shouldn't be gaming.

xD

Thanks guys for the helpful replies! I'll stop botting at least until my exams are over.

What is boting? I have no idea what it means, and so I cannot really give any advice on the subject :( though I would like to satiate my curiosity and learn what this word means.

Botting is when you use a 3rd party program to automate tasks for you in a game (usually in a MMORPG like WoW or maplestory to do repetitive tasks like killing mobs or gathering resources). So you can be AFK and let the computer "play" the game for you. Botting is against the rules though, and can lead to your account being permanently banned.

Botting is when you use a 3rd party program to automate tasks for you in a game (usually in a MMORPG like WoW or maplestory to do repetitive tasks like killing mobs or gathering resources). So you can be AFK and let the computer "play" the game for you. Botting is against the rules though, and can lead to your account being permanently banned.

If it can get you banned from the game, I guess it is ok since it leads to the outcome you want to achieve: stopping gaming ;)