NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Making this official,I think?

Hi! if you clicked this post I'm at this moment staring at the screen for the past 30min thinking of how to tell my video game addiction  in a short way that is not going to get you bored, well, anyway,  I'm Gabriel,19, I'm from Brazil and I have an addiction that I have since 7 to 8 years so yeah it was almost my entire life and I'm really shameful of it, I  have a pretty long history that  explains everything but I'm going to keep it short and skip to the present. I tried to quit games for the 2nd time now, the first one was almost unintentionally when I formed a band, it was magical, the joy and the fun of playing in a band and feeling the music are unexplainable, I stopped gaming for almost 4 months but started again when the band ended, then I started to play so much that it made my studies to get into college useless, I failed the exams miserably even though I was studying last year every day,  but the thought of games was so strong that never got me concentrated on doing things that matter.This addiction is slowly degrading my life, my GF is always getting late replies on WhatsApp  (5min to more than an hour) and this is affecting our relationship as she is one of the only people I really trust,  some members of my family are passing away and I didn't spend enough time with them.I think that quitting gaming is a major step in my life to finally become who I really want to be!, anyways, if you made it to the end thank you for learning a little bit from me and I hope we get to talk about a lot of things! :D   I'm keeping a journal here to mark my progress and register things that I want to so if you want to come by I will put a link here right after I make a journal post :) 

EDIT: My journal!: http://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/1382-gabriels-journal/

Edited by gabrielmaran

• Guest featured this topic

Yo Gabriel! Awesome to have you join us here. You are right about this:

I think that quitting gaming is a major step in my life to finally become who I really want to be!

This is the beginning of a new chapter in your life, an exciting chapter full of possibilities. Take it one day at a time and keep posting here. Interact with the other members and let us know how we can help. We have your back. :)

• Guest unfeatured this topic