NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Self confidence books

FedererMagic

Hello

Anyone knows good books regarding self-confidence?

Hey in what particular field do you want self confidence?

The best way to increase your self confidence overall is to find situations where are you are most uncomfortable and invite them.Push your comfort zone by conciously placing yourself in uncomfortable situations .Realize that you are afraid to do something ,accept it and do it anyway.The only way to increase your confidence is by taking ACTION.Eventually your mental barriers of fear and self doubt will dissolve and you'll feel stronger and more confident than ever.

If you want to increase your self-esteem that's way easier!You have to realize that you are the most important person in your life and act that way.Do not judge your value by other people's opinion of you or their expectation.Accept yourself uncoditionally and try to be as good as you can be (No external comparissons are necessary)!!

Cheers

Hi addict10n

Totally agree with you on the fact that you should apply them in reality, instead of just reading about it. A couple of years ago I was also in the process of improving my self-esteem and what helped the most was in fact doing it. You learn things from books and articles, but if you don't apply it, it won't stick. Right now I'm in a place where I want to take the first steps by reading and learning about it and after a while begin to try it out.

I think I would like more self-confidence in particular to social situations. 

Hi addict10n

Totally agree with you on the fact that you should apply them in reality, instead of just reading about it. A couple of years ago I was also in the process of improving my self-esteem and what helped the most was in fact doing it. You learn things from books and articles, but if you don't apply it, it won't stick. Right now I'm in a place where I want to take the first steps by reading and learning about it and after a while begin to try it out.

I think I would like more self-confidence in particular to social situations. 

Exactly like you said it.Applying it increases your skill on anything .Take action guys!I know it's easier said than done so let's just do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self Confidence
by Robert Anthony

Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
by Susan Jeffers

The 6 Pillars of Self Esteem
by Nathaniel Branden

Get Off Your But
by Sean Stephenson

Infinite Self
by Stuart Wilde
Edited by addict10n

Hello

The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self Confidence
by Robert Anthony

Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
by Susan Jeffers

The 6 Pillars of Self Esteem
by Nathaniel Branden

Get Off Your But
by Sean Stephenson

Infinite Self
by Stuart Wilde

These are books about self confidence overall.Maybe they are helpfull maybe not.If you want to find books about  having confidence with women you might wanna go for something different

• 1 year later...

I'm currently reading How to Raise Your Self-Esteem: The Proven Action Oriented Approach to Greater Self-Respect and Self-Confidence by Nathaniel Branden.
Moreover, Healing Code as well as The Love Principle by Alex Loyd and Ben Johnson also works wonders as confidence is ultimately tied to self-esteem and self-perception.

In an extended sense, I also draw a lot from great American Transcendentalist authors and philosophers such as Ralph Waldo Emerson (Self-Reliance, Nature), Ben Franklin (Autobiography) as well as Henry David Thoreau (Walden). Sexy quote from Emerson:

Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages... In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty. The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried”
R. W. Emerson (Self-reliance)

I think the root of all evil so to speak is a poor self-image with gaming fueling this perception. We make bad experiences and then escape into the ideal world of gaming. Upon realizing that a virtual super ego does not improve my standing in real life, self-loathing only increased as I kept gaming. If I can mend this poor self-perception by learning self-love and affirmation, this should eventually boost my confidence as well as self-perception tremendously.

I also agree with what some of you have mentioned, repetition and implementation are paramount, passive reading alone is only half of the deal.

Edited by Granitwelle
added further readings that might be interesting

• 3 years later...

Sorry buddy for that but I don't know any book which would let you increase your self esteem but you can few of the article and self-esteem Affirmation to boost your confidence. People are a little skeptical about using Self Esteem Affirmations in their day to day life. We do not think about how important it is to remind ourselves regarding the positivity and encouragement.  

It reminds me of what Ed Mylett said in an interview once.

If you lack self confidence, you don't keep promises to yourself.

And at first I was annoyed but when I really thought about it, I realized it was true for me. I need to make meaningful promises to myself and keep them.

All the book suggestions are great too!