NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

24 years old from Belgium

Hello everyone

As the title states, I'm 24 years old and I live in Belgium. Right now I'm in the final semester of my university, where I study Applied Psychology and after this I'm going to start working. I joined this community because I feel addicted to Hearthstone and watching to much video's on youtube. I learned to know this game by friends in university, and at first it started innocent by just playing sometimes a couple of hours for fun. But after a while I started getting better in the game, and I began to watch some streams online and look up strategy sites. The amount I was playing kept increasing, and I took it to seriously.

During last summer I realized that I was having a problem with this game, when I stumbled upon the article of Cam. I decided then to quit this game forever and it managed to last for a long time. I didn't play any games for about 6 months, which I'm still proud about :) . In the beginning I also didn't watch any streams, but after a month or two, I sometimes watched a stream on youtube. I know now that this wasn't the best idea, as it probably contributed to my small relapse.

I had my relapse a couple of days ago, when I played Hearthstone for a couple of hours. I decided to play again after this long time, because I lost 2 tennis matches during the weekend, which I could have won. Tennis is important for me and this experience left me with feelings of dissappointement, frustration and sadness. I'm quite happy that it was only a small relapse and that I decided to get more involved in this community and let I help me to achieve my goal forever.

I will try to post comments and contributions, so I can support other people in their journey. I think I will also start with the 90 Day Detox and besides games, I will aso include youtube in this detox, as it is an important trigger for me.

So to end this post, I hope this community can help me to get rid of gaming in my life and I also hope I can give something back by supporting other people.

See you around and good luck everyone :) !

• Guest featured this topic

Yeah that was a big clue I guess :) . I play like 4-5 hours a week and as many tournaments as possible during competition season. I'm really happy that I can practise my passion, because if I wouldn't have had tennis, I would have gamed a lot more in the past I'm afraid. 

You practise any sports?

Yeah that was a big clue I guess :) . I play like 4-5 hours a week and as many tournaments as possible during competition season. I'm really happy that I can practise my passion, because if I wouldn't have had tennis, I would have gamed a lot more in the past I'm afraid. 

You practise any sports?

It's good that you've got something like that to focus on and put some of your spare time into. I'm a big football fan myself (our version not the American one :P) and I try to play somewhat regularly. It takes longer to recover as you get older though so I can't play too often unfortunately! 

• Guest unfeatured this topic