NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi, 21 years old quitting !!!!

Autodidact

Hi, My name is Tan. I'm 21 years old studying medicine in Thailand. All my life the first thing that I really enjoyed doing is playing Video games. I could play 10 hours a day without realizing the time. I was thinking that gaming is a problem when I got depressed and can't concentrate enough on studying. I went to psychiatrist and now I'm taking Prozac, Concerta(ADHD drug) and valproate sodium. Despite the drug I'm taking, I'm still depressed, having anxiety and difficult to concentrate. So I'm thinking about stop my gaming addiction. I have tried many times before and I got relapse more than 10 times. All the method I used, have not actually worked. I used to replace gaming with swimming and watching TV series, my longest game-free period is almost 3 months, but It was filled with stress and I finally relapsed once again. I think I lack the social part and don't have someone to guide me through my journey. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys soon ! Thanks for reading : )

P.S. Sorry for my bad English 9_9

• Guest featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tan!

I have suffered with depression and anxiety for a number of years really without realising the extent of the damage it was doing to my relationships and to studying. 
I am 24 is its my first time seriously quitting gaming. The fact that you have tried to quit before more than 10 times is incredibly impressive ! 
The social side is a big challenge for me too and I wish you all the luck in the world. I think these forums will make a big difference for me and I hope they do the same for you. 

• Guest unfeatured this topic