NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Relapse #2 Will Last a While

Paul A.

Hi everyone. I'm about to go into relapse #2, and this one will last a while. I just can't find it in myself to stick to a non-gaming schedule at such a young age, especially when I'm surrounded by games every single day. I go into it more in my journal entry, which you can read here: Anyway, it was great to be here, but I think I'll be gone a while. Good luck to all and goodbye :( 

Hey Man. Sorry to see you go. I know it's tough when you're surrounded by other gamers and can't get out of it. Environment certainly plays a big role. But you don't have to give up. I would encourage you to keep thinking about what you learned while you were here. Old habits die hard, and even if you go back to gaming for a bit it doesn't mean that you have to leave behind the attitude of self-improvement that brought you here. You can keep improving, maybe limit your gaming and try to block out time for other activities. Don't beat yourself up because you aren't perfect at avoiding games; take what you can get and take it one step at a time.

Best of luck.

Guess I'm back... :/

Woo!

Also, don't feel like just because you're playing games that you aren't allowed to post and participate in the forums. Sharing your experience in a journal even if you are gaming will still be beneficial for you and contribute to the community. Talk about how games are in your life - good, bad, whatever. Doing this will help you develop perspective on the role they play in your life, even if you aren't ready to give them up.

So I think my relapse is over... At least this time I'm going back in with some idea of what I'll be spending my time doing. Of course there's a chance I might relapse again, failure is inevitable, but hopefully it won't be happening anytime soon.