NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Alkan's Art

Alkan

So, art is kind of a big part of my life - quitting gaming and taking action is one thing that will allow me to take it to the next level with much more practice.

Local Motors Competition

dHp9KEU.png

Study of Crocodile Eye:

RcaWVbt.jpg

This was done with pencil, but then I used the burn tool in Photoshop to bring out the contrast since it was very faint before.

For a conceptart.org competition:

fMWVrVe.jpg

Study of Frans Hals self-portrait after 3 hours:

7Rytx2q.jpg

Several other portrait studies, each timed at exactly 1 hour, in order of completion:

5ORsR8d.jpg

acrOvNw.jpg

4PFturW.jpg

3YQFgDM.jpg

HPjikE6.jpg

o6edKTe.jpg

-----

MvqJjxJ.jpg

This is a fantasy/sci-fi humanoid species that's been in my mind's eye for like 8 years:

85kkTfZ.jpg

Mountain with a sort of fortress-like structure carved out of it (done after a few studies of mountains):

atQQWAs.jpg

Oni (Conceptart.org competition):

wbIAiJt.jpg

Vulture skull study:

DaKmwou.jpg

Edited by Alkan

Your art looks great and really professional :) I am impressed by how talented you are. I would like to see more of your works, do you have a gallery on websites such as Deviantart? I do not draw myself, but I love browsing artworks on Deviantart, and I remember that you can enable a critique on your work on this portal, so that people could give you some feedback and useful advice. For me, your pictures are very beautiful and stunning :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

@Primmulla I've got a long ways to go before I'm on professional level. Thousands of hours. Professional is stuff like this:

http://conceptartworld.com/

The practice gap between my work and that stuff is waaaay bigger than beginner stuff and my stuff. That level is what I am working to achieve at some point in my life. Part of this process of self improvement and quitting games is that I am equally as passionate about science and music as well. So, I literally have to take hard work on as a way of life if I want to live it in the way I want.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...