NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Not Just Games

Fuck

I just wanted to post that I agree with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkrl54JJxRo

It isn't about quitting games but fixing your life and keeping it fixed. I just wanted to say that besides video games some other bad habits i recycle over and over again year after year is I will install 3D Animation software, music software, video editing software, etc. Just a ton of things to clutter my computer with to make me feel better knowing damn well ill never be a musician, ill never make a amazing 3d animation, that i need to stop churning out rant videos, etc and go out and take care of myself and get a real job rather than filling up my day with hobbies and distractions on the computer. There have been many times where I fought and fought hard working out every day, chewing and spitting out food to reduce calorie intake to almost zero (yet i somehow still manage to stay a tad chubby unless i workout too). And yes after working out for a few weeks you feel GOOD! full of energy like you can just walk out the door and do whatever, THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN is relapsing. Next thing you know youre too bored to workout, say you can have a little food, HEAVEN FORBID BOOT UP A VIDEO GAME, etc. Next thing you know youre fat again, never leave the house, feel like crap, and lost it all. I get really bad and i hate when it happens.

One of the biggest things I did the past year of my life is i got back into making video game videos on youtube and im obsessive about projects i work on! i spent most my days making the videos rarely if EVER leaving the house. Just so you know you need 1,000 views just to get ONE DOLLAR in adsense. You need over 100 dollars to get paid anything. I spent ONE WHOLE YEAR making videos and only recently got that 100 bucks. I have almost 1000 videos and i get about 500 views a day! IT IS HORRIBLE. I consider it a year of my life wasted. NEVER CAN I GO BACK TO VIDEO GAME VIDEOS. Thats a dead end for me just like video games and all my hobbies on the computer. My only hope for any success is going out in the REAL WORLD. Thx for reading.

One thing I did for a year when i was in my best shape was I would make youtube videos with a portable handheld recorder talking about outside related activities. STAY FOCUSED ON OUTSIDE WORLD AND GOALS. YOU ARE WHAT YOURE INTERESTED IN. I used to tell myself when i was in my best shape that i need to always feel like I can get up and run and workout so i can never fill my stomach with a lot of food. I should be skinny. I should look nice. and yeah always TALK SHIT ABOUT VIDEO GAMES. every day remind yourself what they do to you and how stupid they are.

Edited by Fuck

Just some more ranting. One time I had a girl CALL THE COPS ON ME for talking to her on facebook because she felt I was a stranger creep. I was really lonely and for one day i just spammed her with messages trying to get her to be friends with me and hangout with me. Keep in mind 4 years prior I met her in person when i used to go out a lot before my antisocial hermit lifestyle took over my life again. When I met her in person SHE ADDED ME ON FACEBOOK. but over the next 4 years i never saw her again or talked to her and had deleted my facebook. This is also why online dating IS SO STUPID AND ALMOST NEVER EVER WORKS. You have to meet people in the real world not over the internet to make friends. People think youre a weirdo creep if you use your COMPUTER to interact with them instead OF ACTUALLY MEETING THEM IN THE REAL WORLD DOING REAL WORLD THINGS.

Edited by Fuck

Hey! Thanks for sharing, happy to hear you enjoyed the video. Have you looked into Brené Brown's work at all? A lot of the struggles you talk about she helped me with. I was always so damn hard on myself I never allowed myself to feel liek I made progress in anything, even though doing videos for a year and all of that is really good, even if it didn't turn into what you hoped which was $. But it did turn into skills (you can do it again, you can do it better, etc), you developed discipline and focus to do it, etc. 

Hey man, welcome to the community!

I absolutely agree with you that relapse is bad for all types of personal development. Nevertheless, my relapses have been essential for me to have clarity on the path I need to take in life, so perhaps you could learn from your relapse (assuming you had one).

I was very angry when I started off quitting games, but when you find alternative activities to gaming, you have an outlet to pour your energy in guilt-free and in a way that will hopefully be more beneficial in the future! Perhaps if you had a peek at my journal to see what I do now and how I started out might give you some ideas and encouragement. :)

All the best for your recovery!