NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

I’m new

Hello guys, 

I am a new member 😄

So basically I play too much games and I want to quit but I cannot find the motivation. 
I often betray my promises. For example, this morning I said to myself “NO games today,” but now I’m playing as usual. This is a vicious circle because now I don’t even trust MYSELF. 

I hope that this website will be useful: I have seen many people find their life, and I want to do the same! 

sorry for my terrible post,

ME

• Like 2

Most gamer's get defensive at the notion of gaming disorder, or even just quitting...or identifying they have a problem. You don't belong to this group as you've posted here so that's promising. If you felt motivated to post here, you will have the motivation to take the next step and so on and so forth. Start a daily journal and let us know what you're feeling and thinking (if you want) everyday and we'll keep up with you. There's a band of actives on here at the moment so! You can expect some responses. 

On 5/28/2023 at 8:01 PM, IlikeCookies said:

Hello guys, 

I am a new member 😄

So basically I play too much games and I want to quit but I cannot find the motivation. 
I often betray my promises. For example, this morning I said to myself “NO games today,” but now I’m playing as usual. This is a vicious circle because now I don’t even trust MYSELF. 

I hope that this website will be useful: I have seen many people find their life, and I want to do the same! 

sorry for my terrible post,

ME

Hey, My tip to you is this: Don't beat yourself up for returning to it. Treat it like a scientist. Keep trying some other thing every time. 
What triggers this behavior? When you feel the trigger what are you doing? What can you replace in this habit cycle?
Analyzing and knowing what you want to do is the first thing, then relentlessly trying, no matter how many times you "relapse" is the second.
You may find yourself relapsing after two, three, seven days. (You may also not) but if you do, that is fine! Just keep thinking how you can do it again, and remember, the longer you hold, the more it will become a part of your identity, which will require less conscious effort and willpower to maintain. It may seem like ages away, but it will come.