NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Introductory Post

Hi everyone. My name is Matt and I have been problem-gaming for some years now. I'm making this post to say that I'm interested in joining the GQ community and hopefully turning a few strangers into friends. I've managed to make good headway with several online friendships in the past year as I began to realise the importance of social connections outside of gaming. I will be hanging around the other areas of the forum and hope I can contribute to the game-quitting journeys of others and learn about my own.

Thanks. Here's to a good end to the week and good luck for the next one coming.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LordFederickRamsay said:

Welcome. Are you going to try the 90-day challenge and write a daily journal? Would enjoy reading that. 

Maybe - are the specifics of the 90-day challenge inside the Respawn packages? I didn't see mention of it on the information page. I would use one of Cam's already-provided templates for daily journalling if there aren't ones in the packages I should be using.

15 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

Maybe - are the specifics of the 90-day challenge inside the Respawn packages? I didn't see mention of it on the information page. I would use one of Cam's already-provided templates for daily journalling if there aren't ones in the packages I should be using.

I think he assumes people who have bought Respawn are already familiar with the 90-day detox. It's essentially a challenge whereby you try and not game for 90 days. To help, Cam recommends you publish a daily journal in the appropriate part of the forum labelled 'Daily journals'. In one of the threads at the top, he provides suggestions such as: this community works two-ways, pick three journals and commit to replying to their daily updates. There are also two templates that were created by other users that he recommends using. However, using a template is not compulsory. A lot of the people I engage with just do stream-of-consciousness journalling which makes the whole process feel smoother and less like homework as others members have noted.

If you type up 90-day challenge Game Quitter's on Google, it'll probably bring you to an article Cam has written explaining the 90-day detox for people who aren't familiar with it. 

I started Respawn Elite two weeks ago but haven't passed the 'sell your gaming console / PC' instruction. I'm more than two weeks game free and waiting for someone on eBay or Facebook marketplace to buy my gaming setup. So far, so bad. So many scammers! Beware of Facebook marketplace. Anyway, what I'm telling you this is because I don't know whether he elaborates on the 90-day detox within his Respawn (Elite) program but I highly doubt it because I remember him saying that if you've bought Respawn (Elite), he'll assume you're familiar with the 90-day detox. 

Looking forward to reading your daily journal and following your 90-day detox.