NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 1, introduction

Hi all, 

I am grateful to be here. I bid farewell to my game fam today, and experienced some withdrawal symptoms. Instead of lazying at home as usual, I decided to go out for a walk to get some errand done instead. It's been a while since I got out of the house or did much activities, that, I had to stop by a place because my legs were sore. It's good though, that means I can possibly fall asleep easier.

It's been a while since I socialized also. I am going to work tomorrow. But I've stayed up for a long period of time that my brain is not functioning right. 

Anyhow, I already feel different thanks to this program. Cam gets to the point and makes it easy to comprehend. Thank you for your work!

Let us all regain control of our lives to make the best of it!

Talk to you tomorrow, 

Determinator.

ps. I have a phone problem as well... I tend to switch to social media when I'm not gaming... Help. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What I found is the same thing. TikTok satisfies the urge that usually makes me game. So substituting one thing (gaming) for another (social media) isn't constructive. You can sort of detect which things make you feel bad and what thing's make you feel good. In other words, when I go on TikTok, I kind of know this is the same emotional experience that I have when gaming in that I'm instantly gratified and then feel shit when I stop doing that thing. 

Then after you get all of this instantly gratifying shit out of your life, and don't fill your time with good things, comes the next phase which is like watching re-runs of shows, watching YouTube videos - where you're less attentive and more aware of the negative feelings whereas when you game those negative feelings are shelved. 

In other words, you want to avoid this in its entirety. Reduce all the things that leave you feeling shit and double-down on the things that make you feel better. For example, I will try to avoid watching re-runs of Game of Thrones episodes I've already seen (which is SORT OF like a tenth of the feeling gaming gives me) and try and do a chore or something that I know will be worth my time which then is reflected in how it affects my mood. If that makes sense. 

P.S: Looking forward to you starting your daily journal. This will be the third and final journal I commit to keeping up with (Cam recommends choosing three journals to respond to). 

Edited by LordFederickRamsay