NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Starting 90 day detox

Dutchguy1991

Hello everybody,

I am Peter, 31 years old and from the Netherlands. I my youth i played alot of videogames and still went on playing in my student time. I quit gaming awhile ago, had some relapses. But instead i started watching streams on twitch and YouTube alot. Also i mindless scroll on my Phone alot. It feels like i am still not over my screen addiction. And it is ruing my life. I have a good job, i work as a psychologist. And i am ashamed that even though i do that work i cant get over my screenaddiction myself. I hope with this forum and journaling it will help! I only alow myself to be on whatsapp, newspaper app and daling apps. No instagram, YouTube or linkedin. No longer than 1 hour a day on my Phone. I hope this will help to get my brain a reset and live more in the moment and adware.

Thankyou!! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Day 2: 

I did squash yesterday, daynap andmy brother came to have diner and we watched some tv. The rest of the time i was clearing or on my Phone, or lisening to music. It is strange how automatic being on my Phone such a part of me. I downloaded a app to manage my time. Tofay i will try to hack my habitat to put my Phone in the closet in my hallway, this way it will break my automatic response to grap it. Also i put my Phone on grayscale, and i remover all my sociale media apps. 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, Amphibian220 said:

Glad to have you in this community.

What will be your rewards for a good day’s work? We do need cravings after all, otherwise desire to get things done can disappear. 

Good question, i think that i alow myself to watch a fun movie or television show. This way i make watching screens mindfull and it will get a different associaties. I know i use watching screens to numb my emotions and thoughs, but watch tv i can still think and feel because it is not fast enough like gaming. So it is a okay to so i guess? 

with me watching a game of hockey on TV once in a while helps me for two reasons:

I haven’t got a strong attachment to it and it allows me to rest. Anything else is like a narcotic, even news are designed in a way that it is hard to stop watching it.

And about emotions, when I confront them, I get fear at first, but then a sense of resolution and real achievement when I start acting to solve an issue.

23 hours ago, Dutchguy1991 said:

Good question, i think that i alow myself to watch a fun movie or television show. This way i make watching screens mindfull and it will get a different associaties. I know i use watching screens to numb my emotions and thoughs, but watch tv i can still think and feel because it is not fast enough like gaming. So it is a okay to so i guess? 

dont reward yourself with stuff like that. those things trigger basically same addictive parts in you like games. Focus on offline things. I am not much the friend of rewarding since a good day is a good day isnt it? but thats up to you, just no addiction trigger rewards

The more correct wording on my part would be, how will you balance your studying with other activities to keep your morale high?

I think we are all talking about tackling different needs to avoid exhaustion. If all i do is study without sports, family relations, being part of community, healthy eating, traveling- this is unsustainable in the long run. 

On 1/15/2023 at 11:20 PM, Dutchguy1991 said:

Day 2: 

I did squash yesterday, daynap andmy brother came to have diner and we watched some tv. The rest of the time i was clearing or on my Phone, or lisening to music. It is strange how automatic being on my Phone such a part of me. I downloaded a app to manage my time. Tofay i will try to hack my habitat to put my Phone in the closet in my hallway, this way it will break my automatic response to grap it. Also i put my Phone on grayscale, and i remover all my sociale media apps. 

Hey! Props for trying out so many things already, this seems like a good start of a longer journey. Keep trying new things 🙂