NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - Doug S - Heroic Growth

Irishrican950

Day 80 + 81, 

Ended the work week with a decent amount of work done and have been essentially on a 2 day Netflix binge from a show recommended to me by some work colleagues.  Noticing that really my addictive pattern is overconsumption of something I enjoy.  I'm almost 2 seasons into this show and I really enjoying watching it to the point of just doing a whole lot of nothing with my schedule being light.  I sense that the TV show is actually providing some benefit though as not just an escape like a game - I am relating to certain characters and it's making me question and view how I show up in the world using them as mirrors so that's interesting to notice and think about.   I've got a more scheduled day tomorrow so curbing the TV binging will be healthy tomorrow.  

8 days to 90... 

-D 

Day 83, 

Been a tough day.  Processing some personal stuff that came up for me over the weekend... blessed into my workday.  Dog walk helped but in general I notice that I need to probably move my body more before trying to sit and do a desk job when I don't feel safe in my body/am stressing/have stories running in my head.  Feeling much better and in my body after training and wrapping up the day.   

Tonight I made both my training classes as scheduled.  Great to finish the day feeling ok after such a shaky start.  Finishing strong is key. 

7 more days until 90! 

-D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I still remember when you first posted on the forum - you've made tremendous progress since then. Day 83 is a huge accomplishment. Keep it up, you got this!

Thanks bro!  Appreciate you following my journey and being incredibly supportive along the way.   

Day 84 - much like yesterday.  Processing a lot of doing the best that I can to try and be with the emotions instead of run from them.  Was a day that saw me not be as productive as I could have been but overall managing myself well.  Writing these posts is challenging as I am not always so great at finishing things but I will get through this!  6 days out.  

-D

• Like 2

Day 85 + 86, 

More trials around new addictions unfolding around the Internet mostly and some binge watching of shows.  Really it comes down to alone time at home... that is what needs to shift for me.  I hope to just add more activities and people in my life in the coming days and months ahead... overall I am happier and seem to be making progress towards more productive days.  

- D

Day 87+88 

Spent the weekend in New York with my sister and connected with some intentional community down there.  I haven't seen her in awhile.  Was cool to see how similar we have become over the years.  I really appreciate her.  Overall excited to wrap up this challenge in a few days and see what is next to cut out of my life. 

Regards, 

-D 

Day 89, 

Back at it with work this week.  Excited to learn that my contract was extended 6 months so I will have my 9-5 going thru most of the rest of this year.  Overall was a great day that ended well as I drove at night to train in both Capoeira & Iaido.  Monday's are becoming one of the better days for me given it's more packed with things I have scheduled myself to do.  

One more day! 

-D 

Day 90!  

MADE IT!  Alright well I am stoked to say I am 90 days free of gaming and I don't intend to return to it anytime soon.  What I am excited to continue to do is explore where else to drop addicting habits.  If anyone has any recommendations of other forums or ways to stay in community while breaking addictions let me know.  I'd love to stop going on the internet as much as I do and break more of my rebellious/impulsive patterns.  Def here for the work to level up in a new way.   Big love to all of you who commented and liked my posts along the way.  Meant the world and made a huge difference in helping me stay on this.  

Excited to keep LIVING in this world.  That's what it's all about.  

Respect always, 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Irishrican950 said:

Day 90!  

MADE IT!  Alright well I am stoked to say I am 90 days free of gaming and I don't intend to return to it anytime soon.  What I am excited to continue to do is explore where else to drop addicting habits.  If anyone has any recommendations of other forums or ways to stay in community while breaking addictions let me know.  I'd love to stop going on the internet as much as I do and break more of my rebellious/impulsive patterns.  Def here for the work to level up in a new way.   Big love to all of you who commented and liked my posts along the way.  Meant the world and made a huge difference in helping me stay on this.  

Excited to keep LIVING in this world.  That's what it's all about.  

Respect always, 

Congratulations! Keep up the fantastic work. 🥳