NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I’ve Tried Many Times

Terranaut

Hi,

I'm Jules. I'm 33 and I'm from Germany.

I tried quitting video games many times. The longest time was about two years.

I know games hold me back and the only way is to quit for good since I get sucked in every time.

Right now I'm on week 3 of not having touched anything gaming related.

I wish everyone success in their endeavors!

Cheers

Jules

• Like 3

On 11/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, Terranaut said:

Hi,

I'm Jules. I'm 33 and I'm from Germany.

I tried quitting video games many times. The longest time was about two years.

I know games hold me back and the only way is to quit for good since I get sucked in every time.

Right now I'm on week 3 of not having touched anything gaming related.

I wish everyone success in their endeavors!

Cheers

Jules

I'd suggest having a daily journal in the daily journals section and posting every day, the posts may be very short but consistency is key. That's what cam also says.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:44 PM, Resonant_Shell said:

Welcome to the GameQuitters community!

Congratulations on both recovering from a relapse and for having three game-free weeks so far!

Joining in on the congratulations. It's not a shame to fall, but it's definitely a shame to stay down. Keep at it. But don't forget that the needs that gaming fulfilled for you, will most probably need to be replaced one way or the other, sooner or later. (Temporary Escape, Measurable Progress, Challenge, Social)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thomas King said:

Welcome! I am new here, and will be emarking today on my 90-day detox of my favourite thing.

I am just trying to learn how to manage my time better and to not give in to the instinct to start up a game.

Good luck!

Spot on! (Grammar fix):Sails* up, full speed ahead captain!

Edited by Yan
Grammar fix
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@SteDG88

The relapse happens because of an absence of a narrative or a plot. 

The video game provides the super stimulating promise of an alternative world tomorrow, with an exciting storyline, sequels and achievements. Then there is a community of gamers, developers, clans etc. 

When a gamer goes on a detox, he may not be able to build up a narrative with allies, foes, progression towards measurable, lucrative and particular goals.  his goals may not be very well crafted. This is what starts pushing him back into a virtual world.

Its very important to carry on looking and tracking your progress in different fields. Because you won’t score digital points, share your successes with family and close friends who will encourage you and support you.

Hope this was of help.