NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 days again

CrankedFrank

So I've been gaming for about a year since last time quit. That's a pretty serious relapse I suppose.

The funny thing is, it hasn't been that bad up until now I think. I don't want to neglect the problem, but I think I had a period where it was sort of okay.

Then happened was I guess essentially always ends up happening. For me at least. Other things start being uninteresting, I begin thinking about gaming all the time, I'm just passing the time until I can get back to gaming again. I skip work days (I'm basically managing my own time) to stay home and game. I get to a point where I'm just doing the bare minimun of all other things so that I can still manage the consequences, but my motivation for almost anything besides gaming is gone.

That is why I've again decided to quit. I need to not think about gaming all the time, and I need to be interested in doing other things.

So here I am again, counting the days up until 90.

Day 2/90

• Like 2
  • Like 1

It's going pretty well actually. My mind is still defaulting to games, but I don't feel the urge to game at this point. I've been spending a lot of time doing other things, and I've told my SO about my 90 day project. It makes it easier to not do it, when I'm also sort of accountable to her.

Still, I hope the next couple of weeks will be easy on me. Will check back soon.

Day 6/90

On 10/20/2022 at 11:14 AM, CrankedFrank said:

So I've been gaming for about a year since last time quit. That's a pretty serious relapse I suppose.

The funny thing is, it hasn't been that bad up until now I think. I don't want to neglect the problem, but I think I had a period where it was sort of okay.

Then happened was I guess essentially always ends up happening. For me at least. Other things start being uninteresting, I begin thinking about gaming all the time, I'm just passing the time until I can get back to gaming again. I skip work days (I'm basically managing my own time) to stay home and game. I get to a point where I'm just doing the bare minimun of all other things so that I can still manage the consequences, but my motivation for almost anything besides gaming is gone.

That is why I've again decided to quit. I need to not think about gaming all the time, and I need to be interested in doing other things.

So here I am again, counting the days up until 90.

Day 2/90

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragements guys 🙂

@Wildermyth, I was sometimes feeling guilty, but mainly when I chose to game instead of doing something else. I think what happened was that I fell back into gaming about a year back when I was finished in a time-limited job and had to wait a month before starting at a new one. And now that I had started gaming again I was trying to use it as a hobby. To me the problem isn't that it's a meaningless thing to do. I don't really believe in that, and I don't think it is in itself important to always do meaningful stuff. To me it's totally okay to spend some hours just unwinding with something useless. The problem to me is that gaming makes everything else boring at some point. Or maybe not boring, but less stimulating. And then I end up only doing the minimally required stuff socially and at work to game instead. And that is what's bothering me.

I am generally in a good place in life. Jobs good. I'm living with the love of my life. Having a kid next year. Got a good network of friends. I think that in itself helps a lot, not just when quitting or taking a break from gaming, but also in controlling it if that's what's up. I don't know at this point if I'll quit forever, but I do know that I have to spend some time doing other things at this point.

Day 10/90

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrankedFrank said:

Thanks for the encouragements guys 🙂

@Wildermyth, I was sometimes feeling guilty, but mainly when I chose to game instead of doing something else. I think what happened was that I fell back into gaming about a year back when I was finished in a time-limited job and had to wait a month before starting at a new one. And now that I had started gaming again I was trying to use it as a hobby. To me the problem isn't that it's a meaningless thing to do. I don't really believe in that, and I don't think it is in itself important to always do meaningful stuff. To me it's totally okay to spend some hours just unwinding with something useless. The problem to me is that gaming makes everything else boring at some point. Or maybe not boring, but less stimulating. And then I end up only doing the minimally required stuff socially and at work to game instead. And that is what's bothering me.

I am generally in a good place in life. Jobs good. I'm living with the love of my life. Having a kid next year. Got a good network of friends. I think that in itself helps a lot, not just when quitting or taking a break from gaming, but also in controlling it if that's what's up. I don't know at this point if I'll quit forever, but I do know that I have to spend some time doing other things at this point.

Day 10/90

I understand and I can relate to how you describe the situation. It's the point where everything else feels less motivating to do that it starts to become really problematic.

I'm glad you are in a good spot now at least. I wish you the best of luck! 🙂

• Like 1

It has been a little bit harder to keep gaming out of my head the last couple of days. I'm still on the right track, but as I've passed the 14-days mark I've been a bit tempted to get back into gaming. I'm taking it as a reminder that I have to continue towards the 90 days, and this temptation was honestly not unexpected.

Still okay so far. Not much more to add at this point.

Day 15/90

• Like 1