NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal

purpleluke

11 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Apart from relapsing, I’m doing alright. I’m getting into forex trading, which is pretty exciting. The world of investing and finance has always interested me so I’m having fun diving back in

That's good to hear, I read about that in your journal and it sounds like something you're really passionate about. I hope it goes well 😊

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 3:53 PM, purpleluke said:

That's good to hear, I read about that in your journal and it sounds like something you're really passionate about. I hope it goes well 😊

Thanks! I’m following your journal so I’ll be sure to keep posted with your progress as well

Just found your journal: Great to have you here! 😄 You are doing really well. Handling multiple mental health issues at the same time is not a joke. 

Finishing a draft of your first short story is also something to be very proud of. Don't sweat about the quality of your writing. Nobody writes good stories from the get-go. You'll get there.

By the way: I also sold my console when I first quit... Really good decision!!!

• Like 2
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:00 PM, Captain_Pilz said:

Just found your journal: Great to have you here! 😄 You are doing really well. Handling multiple mental health issues at the same time is not a joke. 

Finishing a draft of your first short story is also something to be very proud of. Don't sweat about the quality of your writing. Nobody writes good stories from the get-go. You'll get there.

By the way: I also sold my console when I first quit... Really good decision!!!

Thank you for the support 😊 I'm really glad I sold it too. I've been getting cravings and it's so nice not being able to give into them. How are you getting on?

I think I'm about 25 days in now - my medication is making me feel a bit "drunk" and like everything is in slow motion today so I'm going to take it easy, but I did make some progress with my writing yesterday.

I had some nasty cravings this morning and really wanted to go on the Switch - I'm so glad I sold it as otherwise I may have given in. I'm really pleased with my progress but also know that there's going to be roadblocks and that is normal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted. I think I'm around a month into quitting now. I haven't gamed during that time so I'm proud of that, but I've had some hella cravings on some days. When I first quit I found it easy to try new hobbies, but as time goes by I keep losing interest in them. I keep telling myself to try but I have NO motivation at all a lot of days. I feel like it'll improve though if I keep trying. I do still read a lot and have had that as my main focus recently. 

Hi, a lot of the long time members here can confirm with you and me how hard it is to pick up a hobby. I have tried to pick up reading for years (wayyy longer than I have been off video games) but still find it tiring some days.

It is true that if you keep working at it, even just a bit every day, something good will come. I have no idea how to deal with the emptiness/ lack of motivation too, so hope someone can help us with that haha.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LostRiver said:

Hi, a lot of the long time members here can confirm with you and me how hard it is to pick up a hobby. I have tried to pick up reading for years (wayyy longer than I have been off video games) but still find it tiring some days.

It is true that if you keep working at it, even just a bit every day, something good will come. I have no idea how to deal with the emptiness/ lack of motivation too, so hope someone can help us with that haha.

I've managed to create a reading habit by just having  minimum of 5 pages every day. It's ok to read 100 a day too, but no less than 5.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 2:34 PM, LostRiver said:

Thank you so much for the advice, I think you're so right about even just doing a little bit on some days 😊

Edited by purpleluke
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, purpleluke said:

My place of work are doing a hugely focusing on gaming (I work for a phone network) - I'm not sure how to deal with this without getting triggered or relapsing. We're forced to at least learn about it. 

Don't let it become an excuse. Do only what is directly related to your work. MEaning: When you have a task at work for which you need to open a game, do it and nothing more.

If you really want to quit gaming in the long hall, I would surely consider being in a job that does not include anything gaming related.

Because you know what they say... "If you hang around the barbers shop long enough, sooner or later you'll get a haircut"

3 hours ago, Yan said:

Don't let it become an excuse. Do only what is directly related to your work. MEaning: When you have a task at work for which you need to open a game, do it and nothing more.

If you really want to quit gaming in the long hall, I would surely consider being in a job that does not include anything gaming related.

Because you know what they say... "If you hang around the barbers shop long enough, sooner or later you'll get a haircut"

You're so right about that Yan 😊 Luckily with my role I shouldn't need to game at all - we just have to watch videos sometimes on options customers have. I think you're absolutely right though about the job!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really struggling with cravings at the moment. I haven't given in but I've been so close. One of my hamsters passed away recently and all i want to do is game - I'm a bit pokemon fan, so knowing the new games ate out next week is SO challenging. I just need to try and battle through this

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Resonant_Shell said:

Where are you seeing these games? Is it at your phone network job?

If they are console games, are you concerned that you might relapse despite having sold your gaming systems? 

100% yeah, I keep having to stop myself buying a new one 😂 Luckily it's getting easier with time and it's WAY easier to avoid without the consoles. I think if I still had the consoles there would definitely have been a relapse. I mostly see them on Twitter even though I'm sure I don't follow any gamers any more!