NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

No useless videos for 90 days.

Yan

Entry 08.11 (Written at 09.11 in the morning)
Day 51: No Useless Videos
Day 49: Sticking to Food schedule

6 days away from trip to Spain
Tasks to accomplish: 
-Organize small bag
-Talk to relatives about staying at their place two days after landing so that my renter can get a full month in my room
-See where I put my stuff while the renter will be at my room
-Find accomodation in Spain

Managed to not doze off today, that's a huge win. I also realize that a lot of the reason for this immense tiredness is lack of water after a big meal.

Goals for tomorrow: Book some of these miscellaneous goals into the schedule

Edited by Yan
Removed some random letters that were left + one grammar error

Entry 09.11 (Written at 10.11 in the morning)
Day 52: No Useless Videos
Day 50: Sticking to Food schedule

5 days away from trip to Spain
None of the tasks on the list were taken off of it, on the contrary, there are a few more. (Send aliexpres package back to sender, Exchange EUROs, buy health insurance for my trip time)

I ate dinner partly with lunch, despite having planned to eat it differentky, can't allow this to happen tomorrow, so I should finish preparing it before i'm done eating lunch, so that there will not be super strongs cravings for it.

I have a question could it be that binge eating in your case is an aftermath of your gaming activity because usually those come together with each other.My suggestion would be to prepare meals in advance to avoid that. Usually I prepare a lunch meal for 4 days and then a second one for 3 days, dinner meals  you can have some quick meals like spaghetti with something that don't require a long time to prepare. 

Entry 10.11 (Written at 11.11 in the morning)
Day 53: No Useless Videos
Day 51: Sticking to Food schedule

4 days 'till Spain trip
-Booked a hostel for the day I land(yay me) and will go visit a few apartments at the same day to find an accomodation for the month.
-Asked one of my roommates if I could leave a bag or two at his place to empty my room for the subletter, and he replied yes.
Now I only have to figure out if another roommate will allow me to leave the other part by his place 🙂

Tomorrow, or today to be exact, I'd like to find another apartment to check out on the day I land, making it three, and check with the other two that it is still relevant.

10 hours ago, Niko_Buccellati said:

I have a question could it be that binge eating in your case is an aftermath of your gaming activity because usually those come together with each other.My suggestion would be to prepare meals in advance to avoid that. Usually I prepare a lunch meal for 4 days and then a second one for 3 days, dinner meals  you can have some quick meals like spaghetti with something that don't require a long time to prepare. 

Hey, Niko. Thank you very much for your interest and taking the time to reply.

It's hard to say if it's an aftermath after my gaming, but it is a source for immediate rewards. And they did come together with eachother. At least when I relapsed a year ago, and when I used to watch entertainment videos many times since.

In any case I have all my meals planned out and I eat within those boundaries.

What does help me (and I just didn't do it at this time because I got distracted) is preparing the next meal while I'm eating, and stuffing it away before i'm done eating. So when I'm still in the eating mood it's not directly in front of my nose.

In any case, thank you for the suggestion, but mostly If I plan the time correctly I manage to stick to the meals. My problem is that for example on workout days by the time I'm done with my workout and shower and morning routine, 7.5 hours or 8 hours have passed, and then I have 8 hours to stuff three big meals (the last one must be at the very least 3 hours before sleep, better 4. and so here is the problem.

On the weekends I work 7 hours on a bike, (Not an e-bike) So I'm moving all the time, and so it is again difficult to fit 3 meals to be completely separated from the physical activity

The last type of days is where I work on the bike only 4 hours. On those I actually manage quite well. The only meal that gets close to the physical activity is dinner ( But still this shouldn't happen)

The solutions that come to mind for me are either reduce the amount of meals or reduce the physical activity or split it, which wouldn't be enough anyway on 7 hour work days, and on the 4 hour work days it breaks momentum too much so I'd prefer not do it. 

And so here's the vicious cycle I guess.

I'd be surprised if you actually read this whole message xD

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 3:39 AM, Yan said:

Day 2 - Was extremely close to sticking to the food schedule. But slipped away with 5 grams of tahini, which is liquid sesame and once I poured it, it would take too much time to re-cook the meal, so I decided to eat it anyway. So sticking to food schedule is still day 0 😞

In any case here's my planned food schedule until Tuesday, including Tuesday. If need be, will make changes at Tuesday.
Breakfast:
Orange - 1 piece
Tomato - 1 piece
Cucumber - 1 piece
Tofu - 75 grams
Oatmeal(Dry before cooking) - 50 grams
Soy/oat/almond/alternative milk - 200 ml
Flux seeds - 12 grams
Brazil nuts - 12 grams
Almonds - 25 grams
Sunflower seeds - 25 grams
Bread - 3 pieces (About 90 grams, but may be more or less)
Salt - about 2 grams

Lunch:
Banana - 1 piece
Carrot - 2-3 pieces (about 200 grams)
Peas - 100 - 150 grams ( Up to 150 to end the can of 335g )
Cabbage - 35 g
Tofu - 75 g
Red Lentils(dry before cooking) - 70g
Nutritional Yeast - 6 g
Almonds - 25g
Sunflower seeds -25g
Bread - 3 pieces (about 90g)

Dinner:
Apple - 1 piece
Cabbage - 35g
Broccoli - 200g
Rice(dry before cooking) - 70g
Tahini - 50g
Salt - 2g

Also, I decided to batch cook, but more on that tomorrow.

To add on the previous post, this is my every-day meal plan. (In case you're interested.)

But because I found out I was terribly underweight I gradually added to the breakfast 100g avocado, 60g dates
20g sunflower seeds, 20g almonds, removed the salt

To lunch 20g sunflower seeds, 20g almonds, 60g peanut butter and olives raw 50g or olive oil up to 50g

Dinner stayed more or less the same, with some variation of broccoli with kale and spinach.

2 minutes ago, Yan said:

To add on the previous post, this is my every-day meal plan.

But because I found out I was terribly overweight I gradually added to the breakfast 100g avocado, 60g dates
20g sunflower seeds, 20g almonds, removed the salt

To lunch 20g sunflower seeds, 20g almonds, 60g peanut butter and olives raw 50g or olive oil up to 50g

Dinner stayed more or less the same, with some variation of broccoli with kale and spinach.

Those are very small meals, I do less physical activity and I consume way more calories.  I mean I do jogging 2-3 times a week around 6km and I do a calisthenics workout 3 times a week around 40 minutes-1 hour. 
I will wrap some stuff in my journal soon but my nutrition will be probably crazy for ya. 
Aslo bread is a big no unless you bake it yourself.

Entry 11.11 (Written at 12.11 at night)
Day 54: No Useless Videos
Day 52: Sticking to Food schedule

-3 days 'till Spain trip
I have made sure the two apts. I have are still relevant, they are.
-I also need to make an arrangement for the sim card during my stay.

I was a bit late from breakfast and a lot late from lunch. I trust both are because I lost focus because I was speaking with my roommates.
Got to pay attention to only speak with themm once a week about all the stuff that I have to say to them, /and gather that in notes until then.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Niko_Buccellati said:

Those are very small meals, I do less physical activity and I consume way more calories.  I mean I do jogging 2-3 times a week around 6km and I do a calisthenics workout 3 times a week around 40 minutes-1 hour. 
I will wrap some stuff in my journal soon but my nutrition will be probably crazy for ya. 
Aslo bread is a big no unless you bake it yourself.

Small? Are you sure we're talking about the same thing here? Those are 4500 daily calories there mate, not to speak about volume..
(Edit)P.S. My height is 174 cm and my weight is now approximately 53/52.5kg, take that into consideration 😄

Edited by Yan
Added my BMI metrucs

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Small? Are you sure we're talking about the same thing here? Those are 4500 daily calories there mate, not to speak about volume..
(Edit)P.S. My height is 174 cm and my weight is now approximately 53/52.5kg, take that into consideration 😄

Hmm, maybe not (lol), could you send me a calculator or something  so I can check it up. I mean if i compare our nutritions i eat way more, and I am losing weight. I mean i have slow methabolism and it's my goal to be more shredded.  Maybe your nutrition plan has more carbs though while mine has way more protein.

Entry 12.11 (Written at 13.11 at night)
Day 55: No Useless Videos
Day 53: Sticking to Food schedule

2 days 'till Spain
Got bit by a dog today (A dog with an owner) with bleeding because I scared it by riding a bike , go figure.. 😄 Hope it didn't have some disease. Going to check up on it in a few hours from now with the doc, since yesterday was weekend.

I really don't like going to sleep at 5 am. Tomorrow and on Monday I want to gradually decrease it back since I only work 4 hours at those days.
In those days I also have to accomplish the small tasks that are left.
-Exchanging EUR
-Stuff my bags away at rooms of roommates
-Replace my courier bag with a new one so that I could make it more compact
-Return my Aliexpress ordered items in mail.
 and other stuff which I wrote here previously
-Make insurance for abroad
and maybe others which I do not recall right now.

By the way I think that when I go there I'll allow myself to eat only foods within the schedule but without limit for the first 3 days, so that I could get a hang of the groceries places and view and rent an accomodation and other stuff. 

14 hours ago, Niko_Buccellati said:

Hmm, maybe not (lol), could you send me a calculator or something  so I can check it up. I mean if i compare our nutritions i eat way more, and I am losing weight. I mean i have slow methabolism and it's my goal to be more shredded.  Maybe your nutrition plan has more carbs though while mine has way more protein.

So if your goal is to be more shredded it is losing weight while maintaining or increasing muscle mass, am I right?
It most definitely is the case. I include many fat foods so that I could squeeze as much calories as possible, since I'm underweight. And I don't need that much proteins since I don't lift heavy weights, and when I do work out I do bodyweight workouts ( You could say calisthenics I guess)

So glad you asked for a calculator. I use Cronometer. Here are screenshots of the day I described.

Снимок экрана (946).png

Снимок экрана (947).png

Снимок экрана (948).png

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lobares2 said:

Your breakfast/lunch is like 1,5k calories. Do you eat 3k calories in one meal at dinner? If you eat 4500kcal you would add like 2kg every week.

The thing is, I don't 😄  I barely started slowly adding weight now after making it 4500. Before at around 4000 it was still not enough, I mean I was maintaining weight or maybe veeeery slightly gaining weight (While at 3500 I was definitely losing, that was my routine 'till I noticed I lost a ton of weight) , so that I decided to increase it to 4500 ( I've also reduced my workouts a bit ) Now the last time I checked I gained 500g in two weeks. (I posted the screenshots of the detailed nutrition above).

G, don't people love to talk about themselves.... xD

6 hours ago, Yan said:

So if your goal is to be more shredded it is losing weight while maintaining or increasing muscle mass, am I right?
It most definitely is the case. I include many fat foods so that I could squeeze as much calories as possible, since I'm underweight. And I don't need that much proteins since I don't lift heavy weights, and when I do work out I do bodyweight workouts ( You could say calisthenics I guess)

So glad you asked for a calculator. I use Cronometer. Here are screenshots of the day I described.

Снимок экрана (946).png

Снимок экрана (947).png

Снимок экрана (948).png

Yes because usually people use calculator when they write portion so meticulously with grams etc. I also must add that i use whey, but due to my nutrition already being rich in protein (i use weekly schedule for my nutrition and in one week  3 days i eat around 75 g of protein per one dinner)  i only use 15-20g daily.

Entry 13.11 (Written at 14.11)
Day 56: No Useless Videos
Day 54: Sticking to Food schedule

Flight to Spain is tomorrow evening
At friday night I was bit by a dog during work, then I called a medical consultation which told me to see a doctor and consult the health ministry within 12 hours.
I did just that.
And because of not thinking of taking the number of the owner at the same moment, I don't know if the dog might have had rabies.
That's why I was suggested to make a vaccination by our ministry of health.
Which I did in two dosis, in two different places, including the ER. 
I also needed to visit the family doctor to see if the place was infected.
The trouble is that I have three other dosis now that need to have administered during the period of my stay at Spain, so I basically spent the whole day yesterday trying to figure out how I will accomplish this. A walk to the doctor which I planned would be 30 minutes in the morning, turned to a whole day of running around the city.
I didn't even complete my morning routine because I planned to come back in half an hour and continue sleeping...

-Didn't work yesterday as a courier.
-Barely did the 2 hour minimum of the marketing project

P.S. Rabies is a 99.99% killing disease if diagnosed, there are only 35 cases that were cured on record, the rest died. That's why I decided that I'd better do it, despite the complications.

On 11/13/2022 at 12:16 PM, Niko_Buccellati said:

Yes because usually people use calculator when they write portion so meticulously with grams etc. I also must add that i use whey, but due to my nutrition already being rich in protein (i use weekly schedule for my nutrition and in one week  3 days i eat around 75 g of protein per one dinner)  i only use 15-20g daily.

You only use 15-20g of whey you mean? Could you also insert your data into Cronometer? I would be interested to see.
Edit: Or share your detailed schedule, the one that you have.

Edited by Yan

1 hour ago, Yan said:

Entry 13.11 (Written at 14.11)
Day 56: No Useless Videos
Day 54: Sticking to Food schedule

Flight to Spain is tomorrow evening
At friday night I was bit by a dog during work, then I called a medical consultation which told me to see a doctor and consult the health ministry within 12 hours.
I did just that.
And because of not thinking of taking the number of the owner at the same moment, I don't know if the dog might have had rabies.
That's why I was suggested to make a vaccination by our ministry of health.
Which I did in two dosis, in two different places, including the ER. 
I also needed to visit the family doctor to see if the place was infected.
The trouble is that I have three other dosis now that need to have administered during the period of my stay at Spain, so I basically spent the whole day yesterday trying to figure out how I will accomplish this. A walk to the doctor which I planned would be 30 minutes in the morning, turned to a whole day of running around the city.
I didn't even complete my morning routine because I planned to come back in half an hour and continue sleeping...

-Didn't work yesterday as a courier.
-Barely did the 2 hour minimum of the marketing project

P.S. Rabies is a 99.99% killing disease if diagnosed, there are only 35 cases that were cured on record, the rest died. That's why I decided that I'd better do it, despite the complications.

Sounds like a tough day...

Glad you managed to get vaccinated 

How was the consultation with your doctor, if I may ask

Entry 14.11 (Written at 15.11)
Day 57: No Useless Videos
Day 55: Sticking to Food schedule

Next time I'll be writing will very likely be in Spain.
I figured out where to get a sim, did a travel insurance and exchanged euro.
Now I have left to pack everything into bags, pack my own bag and store it at my roommates rooms, also replace my courier bag for a new, less stinky one, and see what exactly do I take with myself... As awesome leaving much stuff for the last moment.;...
Edit: 
Important changes:
I'll probably do a shorter workout to manage and do all the things, which I will gradually complete again, just like it was two weeks ago with the 20 hours workday at the elections. The workout routine will also generally change, because now I won't be working as a courier for a month. I plan to return to 3 day runs and 4 days different body parts workouts(Resistance bodyweight)
But that only after I complete this weeks double workouts.
2. For the next 3 days - 15-17.11 I'll be allowed to eat any of the foods that is included in my schedule in an unlimited ammount. So that I could take the stuff I have left in the fridge and take the time to find an accomodation (Since I only have a hostel booked for 1 day now) and find where and which foods are available.
After those 3 days I'll Ideally return to the original schedule with slight reductions. Will keep you posted

Edited by Yan

14 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Sounds like a tough day...

Glad you managed to get vaccinated 

How was the consultation with your doctor, if I may ask

What doesn't kill you... (Complete sentence) 🙂 Thank you so much for your interest. The doctor said there is no infection that is seen
And by the way after calling about 30 numbers and many of them a few times, plus sending some mails and messages, I found a place to do this vaccination and they said it is going to be free and despite me not having a legal status in Spain I'll be able to do it.

Entry 15.11 (Written at 16.11, posted on 17.11)
Day 58: No Useless Videos
Day 56: Sticking to Food schedule

I realized that my last entry was my brain's BS.
I don't really need to make my foods unlimited.
I'd rather eat less for those few days than feed the "immediate pleasure self" by allowing myself to eat unlimited.
After all, this si exactly what I'm ytying to avoid here, an the best way to do that is build a habit.

So I am pretty sure I;m still within the schedule boundaries. I will very likely change it in any case in a day or two and let you know what I found. But the word "unlimited" most definitely sshouldn't be a part of that plan.

Off I go to my 2 hr rive to another airport.

Got to find a sim card and accomodation.

Hope I'll get some sleep along the way

Entry 16.11 (Written at 17.11)
Day 59: No Useless Videos
Day 57: Sticking to Food schedule

Got a sim card, got a third vaccination, did a 1 hr run and barely 1 hr mmarketing project. 
Didn;t find accomodation. Am at a hostel for 1 night today, the same hostel is fully booked tomorrow. Have tofind aanother hostel and keep looking for apts.

Entry 17.11 (Written at 18.11)
Day 60: No Useless Videos
Day 58: Sticking to Food schedule

Still looking for an apartment with the hope to gind one for a month.
Today spent about 4 to 5 hrs calling, 1 hr moving to another hostel, 1 hr at shop, 3.5 hrs workout, the rest is eating and routines. I bought green lentils instead of red becaues he shop didn't have any, I consider it to be a worthy replacement for the time being (Until it runs out at least. Will start eating it tomorrow.

Also I bought some food and only for 2 days. Since I might be moving hostels daily, so I wouldn't want to carry food of a weeek around, and two also...

Entry 18.11 (Written at 19.11)
Day 61: No Useless Videos
Day 59: Sticking to Food schedule

I have skipped a part of my evening routine and dozed off (namely, writing on the forum and in the diary. And also putting dry plates in the closet) I am completing it right now, but must not let it turn into a habit, since it's at least the second time it happens.

I have signed a renting contract for the rest of my stay. Although a tiny bit more expensive that I expected, but still reasonable (550 EUR)
Glad that I could now start dealing with stuff a bit higher on the moral hierarchy than find a place to poop, sleep and eat.

For some reason I woke up and have a headache for a few days. Some of the reasons which I think it might happen -
1. I'm drinking tap water as opposed to bottled water that I'm used to, and cooking also with tap water instead of filtered Brita water.
2. I've been sleeping erratically the last few days, namely - 4,4,10,5,8 (The fours are spread across with half hour segments)
3. Maybe the fact that there's a heating in the apartment and I take cold showers and do workouts in the cold outside could have contributed to it.
4. There might be dust in the room or the sheets I slept in were not very clean.
5. I've been eating only a part of my nutrition, which creates a nutrient defficiency

The plan is to start erradicating them one by one, and in the meantime not forget the main goal that I'm here for, and do progress on it. Namely find a job.
And of course take care of the essentials. (Marketing project and physical movement)

Entry 19.11 (Written at 20.11)
Day 62: No Useless Videos
Day 60: Sticking to Food schedule

Today the headache got only worse and worse, and eventually I could barely move. 
after completing 1 single pomodoro I slept for 6 hours from 14 to 20 because of it.
At 20 the only thing that drove me was my promise to my new apartment partner to buy toilet paper.
So that I very very slowly rolled out of bed, then sat down slowly, then stood up.

Never underestimate the power of very small actions that start your momentum.
Despite planning to do a chest workout today I did the bare minimum run of 30 minutes ( seems like a strong loss of discilpine and will have to do a double workout tomorrow.

So to sum it up I have attented each one of the 5 reasons for the headache in the previous post at least partly.
1. I checked on the internet how safe is tap water in madrid and it says it is one of the safest in the world. So for now I believe it is not the problem.
2. I slept 6 hours today. Although it was a sort of doze off, it should have taken care of that part
3. I turned off all the heating that I could and opened windows, that means there's also smaller temperature contrast when done with shower and workout.
4. I washed the sheets on the bed and clothes. The floor and other posible dust sources remain unwashed.
5. I have found and bought almost all my regular nutrition (Apart for some nuts and Dates which I will look for in the days to follow.

Let's hope it helps with the headache