NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

No useless videos for 90 days.

Yan

Entry 22.10 (Already 23.10)
Day 35: No Useless Videos

Nothing special, still some cravings throughout the day, still withstanding it because of momentum and because of comitimng to you guys 🙂
Day 33: Sticking to food schedule
3 separate meals. I've noticed that sticking meals together is a thing of the workout days.

Most definitely must take care that it wouldn't happen again, as I feel really awful afterwards and spend a lot of time in the toilet with stomach ache.
(Another possibility is that it's because of the olive oil which I used today instead of olives which I used the previous few days.   

Entry 23.10 (Already 24.10 as always 😞 )
Day 36: No Useless Videos
An awesome day today. First time that I did 6 hours of blogging in a long time. (Although by bike delivery I've reduced it to 3.5 hours and been out from 23:10 to 02:40 which most probably was the reason I did 6 deliveries(2 per hour) instead of 9(3 per hour) in combination with the fact that I ate again at 23 40 and then didn't go full speed of course, because of not wanting to hurt digestion. And although I actually felt a stomach ache again (probably again becaue there was a too small pause between lunch and dinner) and had to take a break in the middle of delivery to poop in a yard of some apartment building, and wiping with leafs and a single big piece of paper ( luckily nobody went outside at this time). Still it's all worth it!
Day 34: Sticking to Food Schedule
Things I need to pay attention to for best health:
- At least 4 hours in between meals
- At least 3 hours break before leaving for deliveries
- Finish deliveries and go home to eat

Cheers!

poop-7312601_640.png

Entry 24.10 (Already 25.10)
Day 37: No Useless Videos 

I'm a bit dreading tomorrow because I've found a public speaking meeting which is going to occur at the hours I usually work out on tuesday in the morning.
Not sure I even need this, but oh well I already comitted, so let's try once. Then I'll do my marketing project so as not to get out of the time frame I allow myself to work on it.

Day 35: Sticking to food schedule
Saw some foods outside while doing bike delivery and had small cravings, but I ate a big meal before and it helped me.
And of course as always, you guys and this forum. Thanks

2 hours ago, Yan said:

I'm a bit dreading tomorrow because I've found a public speaking meeting which is going to occur at the hours I usually work out on tuesday in the morning.
Not sure I even need this, but oh well I already comitted, so let's try once.

That's an awesome mindset. Hope it goes well and at minimum you find it interesting, if not a bit fun even.

2 hours ago, Yan said:

Day 35: Sticking to food schedule

I have a lot of respect for you sticking to your food schedule. That's something I need to tackle as well, but I'm already struggling enough as it is with journaling consistently so I'll table that for a little bit.

• Like 1

Entry 25.10 (Yet again really 26.10)
Day 38: No Useless Videos

Day 36: Sticking to Food Schedule
As expected, I was close to the slippery slope of overeating today, I also got a double slap when I was ready for the public speaking meeting at 09 am, but then figured it was at 09 pm which messed up my schedule a little bit and got me emotionally eating - A part of dinner with breakfast (Or maybe it was something else, who knows ) also it might be because I didn't have a plan of when I'll eat dinner, so I was afraid I won't (Always happens). 
3 good thing about handling the day:
- 4 hours on marketing project
- 4 hour workout (Better completed the full 5, but I slept for 2 hours because I'm a dud, so will complete it tomorrow, still any workout is awesome)
- Getting well out of my comfort zone and going to the public speaking meeting
1 Thing I could do better today:
Weekly schedule.....

As always thank you for this community, and you the reader which saves me again and again!

21 hours ago, Jon said:

That's an awesome mindset. Hope it goes well and at minimum you find it interesting, if not a bit fun even.

I have a lot of respect for you sticking to your food schedule. That's something I need to tackle as well, but I'm already struggling enough as it is with journaling consistently so I'll table that for a little bit.

Thanks for checking in on me and the nice wishes 🙂
For me eating correctly is key, because it's associated with the useless videos. So it's like two in one. 
Hope you'll get to it soon as well!! Keep at it!

I forced my body to accept reduced meals last week. I was feeling weak but good and much more energetic.

Then I came home tired from work on one day and my idea was to eat more to compensate for the hunger I felt. I woke up feeling very sick. Just as you said - connecting two meals.

The thing is, I don’t know how much i should actually eat. At the moment I follow a one plate rule with no snacks, but it may not be enough to keep me nourished, will try to get some guidance on the right amount of eating.

I think watching basketball on TV will slow down my eating speed and make me healthier.

Edited by Amphibian220

Entry 26.10 (Written at 27.10 night)
Day 39: No Useless Videos
Day 37: Following Food Schedule

Today was a super challenging day. Mainly due to the fact that I planned for two meals again and cut dinner in half and added it to both meals. 
The problem with that is: That with the ammounts I eat, I'm getting full even with the three meals. When I add dinner to it I get SUPER full, and tend to doze off. Which hinders my schedule, is unhealthy (Sleeping on a full stomach) and makes the emotional side stronger ( Because I give in to the super strong feeling of tiredness) So after I did doze off, I then woke up feeling terrible both physically and mentally, which made the cravings of wanting to eat something comforting even stronger at 2 am when I accidentally woke up. Which would make me need to wait 3 hours again, and again, would lead me into giving in to emotions even more.

With gratitude to the universe, until now I have withstood the temptation (Although it wouldn't count as breaking the food schedule streak - because it's a new day and I could eat stuff from the new day's schedule, it was still the right thing to do.

Also, I skipped my 3 hour planned shift as a courier. 

Conclusion: I should think of how I really make time for 3 meals. Because if I keep on with 2 I increase my risk of falling into bad habits, and even if not, hurting my health because of dozing off with a full stomach. Also making it a habit, and a stronger and stronger one in the process.

gettyimages-914884690-612x612.jpg

8 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

I forced my body to accept reduced meals last week. I was feeling weak but good and much more energetic.

Then I came home tired from work on one day and my idea was to eat more to compensate for the hunger I felt. I woke up feeling very sick. Just as you said - connecting two meals.

The thing is, I don’t know how much i should actually eat. At the moment I follow a one plate rule with no snacks, but it may not be enough to keep me nourished, will try to get some guidance on the right amount of eating.

I think watching basketball on TV will slow down my eating speed and make me healthier.

Hey, Amphibian. Thanks for checking in on me. Way to go on getting out of your comfort zone and trying better practices for your health.

A software that helps me is CronoMeter, in which you can plan your meals so that you hit many daily nutritional needs. 
As you've probably seen, I planned a daily schedule with no changes for two weeks with it, then I measure everything I eat on a kitchen weightscale , and so I am getting quite close to certaiin that I'm getting all the nutrients I need. (Though I'm not sure about the volume, I'm pretty confident about the nutrients)

Maybe you could try the same.

In my opinion watching TV in general and Sports in particular is for most people a quite non-productive activity( Unless you want to be a pro player, and even then probably not) So I wouldn't suggest that. Instead if you're feeling hungry, maybe you could try higher volume foods. (That is if you eat 3 meals, not 1 in the case of 1)
I consider Rice, Lentils and Oatmeal as my higher volume foods.

Stay strong and keep on telling yourself the truth and working toward your higher values 🙂

Edit: P.S. Another thing you could do is replace TV with audiobooks, cheers.

Edited by Yan

Entry 27.10 (Written at 28.10 night)
Day 40: No Useless Videos
Day 38: Following Food Schedule

about one hour late from workout and eating in relation to what I planned in schedule ( Continued workout about 30 minutes beyond planned time, and then lack of focus in preparing and eating food, also about 30 minutes).
As a result I only got 1 hour work on the marketing project, in comparison to the planned two.
On the other hand I didn't slide more on my workout as I previously did, so that's also a start.

In any case on Sunday I am working at the elections in my country (06:00 am to 22:00 pm)
So I really want to prioritize 8 hours of sleep today and tomorrow. Because I still want to fit 2 hours of marketing project and 30 minute workout, my morning routine. and in the evening there's a very high chance I'll have to work at least until 23. So alltogether I will probably sleep about 4 hours. 

All those things may seem a bit unrelated to the topic... But hey, If I sleep well, and don't be late on my schedule I'm a lot more likely to stick to my values in general, feel more confident and thereby stick to my commitments. So they are somewhat related after all 🙂

Entry 28.10 (Written at 29.10)
Day 41: No Useless Videos
Day 39: Following Food Schedule

Two significant occurrings today:
1. I fell from the bike and broke my front teeth, then went to ER to see that no further damage was done (They said that I'll need to check with a dentist further but there are no jaw damages).
2. My steam account got deleted after the 30 day waiting period.

If you're reading this, keep fighting. If you woke up today, god, or the universe is not done with you yet!!!

steam deleted.png

Entry 29.10 (Written at 30.10)
Day 41: No Useless Videos

Slept about 3 hours after yesterday so that I could complete my minimums in marketing and couriering. It's a bit not fabvorable that I broke my teeth, but I am making steps to learn from this mini-crisis so I'm grateful for this learning opportunity, so it could also be a great thing because without it maybe I wouldn't come to the emotional state to grow. 

I ate 1 meal today, which was a bit unusual with broken front teeth. I mixed everything up to eat quicker also, but the biting itself takes more time of course, because I try to bite with the side as is sort of recommended by entist ( She said not to bite iintially with front teeth, after first bite I can, and that I should do for a week. 
So I'm trying not to bite at all as much as I can, just to make super sure that i'm not doing anymore damage.

Gaming cravings, very subtle if any. 

Entry 30.10 (Written at 31.10)
Day 42: No Useless Videos

Today when I woke up my subconscious has been racing to improve my life and analyzing what I could learn from that bike accident for about an hour.
A few things I concluded: 
Buy a whole helmet (Like a motorcycle) Not a half like I currently have - Asked two couriers I met on the street about it, will ask a couple more and will buy A.S.A.P.
Buy Life Insurance perhaps
Buy Elaborated Insurance
and Sign a card which Permits donation of organs after death, and puts yourself and relatives at priority of receiving ones in case of need ( I just did )
I tried to make a change and eat after the bike riding shift instead of during.
And right after it fell asleep for 4 hours which is unfavorable and unhealthy.
The experimentation continues. (I think I might need to find a way to finish working until 20:00)

Weight vest to make workouts more intense and shorter has arrived, without the 20kg of weights I thought it would have, so probably will need to return it and purchase a replacement from another place.

Entry 31.10
Day 43: No Useles Videos
Day 41: Following Food Schedule( Accidentally wrote 39 instead of 40 in previous entry)

Tomorrow I'll be at work from 6:00 to 22:00 (At the political elections in my country) that's in addition to my other obligations(also I have to prepare my meals in advance for the day), so today I had an extremely short day.
Only half hour run, 1 meal and 3 hours marketing project.
Feeling hungry. And a lil' bit dreading tomorrow.

But as Eminem says -
"'Till the roof comes off, 'till the lights go out
'Till my legs give out, can't shut my mouth
'Till the smoke clears out, am I high? Perhaps
I'ma rip this shit, 'till my bone collapse"

On 10/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, Yan said:

1. I fell from the bike and broke my front teeth, then went to ER to see that no further damage was done (They said that I'll need to check with a dentist further but there are no jaw damages).

Ouch! Glad to hear that perhaps that was the only issue. A full helmet is definitely a good idea.

I'm impressed by your resilience to continue with your streaks as well as the really busy schedule after that accident.

Entry 01.11 (02.11 in the night)

Day 44: No Useless videos
Day 41 follow food schedue

Despite being working for the whole day and waking up   at 03: \00 and still not asleep 24 hours afterward
Only ate 2 meals, and didn't give in to cravings.

Great day with about 19 hpurs election job,  30 minute run and 1 hr blog. 

Testing my willpower I guess. Sleep eems to be top priority again.. 🙂

\\aaaa

8 minutes ago, Jon said:

Ouch! Glad to hear that perhaps that was the only issue. A full helmet is definitely a good idea.

I'm impressed by your resilience to continue with your streaks as well as the really busy schedule after that accident.

It means a lot to me that you've checked in. Thanks!!

Hey Yan,

why do you have to scale and skip your meals if you are already underweight? I read through your journal and it was hard to understand your typical day routine. For example, how many hours do you usually sleep or exercise in a day?

Entry 02.11 (03.11 in the afternoon)

Day 45: No Useless videos
Day 43: (Mistakenly wrote in previous post) Following Food Schedule

Loooool, in the previous post I fell asleep on the keyboard probably, that's why it has such a long space ^^

Anyway, today I only worked one hour(generally run) and the last two days I also just ran for half an hour each day.

The reason for this is that I woke up at 12:45 after not sleeping more than 24 hours, and wanted to go to sleep early aswell. So to fit at least some marketing project work and going to store and eating, and meeting a potential sublet renter for my flat, I decided to do only a very minimal workout again.
I then fell asleep without completing my evening routine at 02:00. Then accidentaly woke up at 06 30, and decided it was an awesome opportunity to complete my 5 hour workout before a call I had scheduled. So I skipped almost the whole morning and evening routine, and now completing it.
(Edit)P.S.(Nutrition details for next period) I changed up my schedule a little bit today because I went to store today for the next week and a half until my flight to Spain at 15.11. Instead of just 200g Broccoli, I will first consume 50g kale, 50g spinach, 50g broccoli, when the kale runs out I will consume only 100g and 100g broccoli, and that after today, when I will still eat just 200g broccoli. Also if the spinach will run out I will again eat just 200g Broccoli.
When I will fly to Spain changes will have to be taken into account so I will update here what my plan is.

Edited by Yan
Adding nutrition details

On 11/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, visitor said:

Hey Yan,

why do you have to scale and skip your meals if you are already underweight? I read through your journal and it was hard to understand your typical day routine. For example, how many hours do you usually sleep or exercise in a day?

Thanks a lot for checking in and reading through my journal Visitor!
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. I suppose that by "scale" you mean measure. I measure my meals so that I will know that I'm hitting Minerals, macronutrients, calories, micronutrients, vitamins in the best way I can. Not to reduce weight.
2. I do not have to skip meals - I just put myself a certain amount of food which I do not go above. Ideally I try to eat all of it, but if I'm pressed in time I prefer to eat less than go over. That is also what I mean by sticking to food schedule - Eating as described or less. Because when I ate more ( in binge ) I used to be triggered to start watching gaming videos and such, also I didn't hit my nutrition goals.
3. My routine is at a very general level:
50 minutes morning routine: Journal, meditation, clean room, brush teeth, drink water and such.
about 1 hour food.
Then at least 2 hours of marketing project ( Ideally 6, this is the next habit I'd most likely like to build )
Then lunch
Then at least 3 hours of regular bike deliveries of food. (Used to be 4 but i'm probably cutting one to fit more marketing project)
I used to have dinner in the middle of deliveries at a break, but I am thinking to maybe put it afterwards.
Anyway after finishing dinner and deliveries, about 3 hours for evening routing of reflections, reading books, watching useful video on youtube, checking my whatsapp messages and soc. media if needed, and mail, etc.

(Edit)P.S.Those are 3 days of the week.
Another 2 days on the weekend I work 7 hours as a courier and reduce the marketing project.
Another 2 days I do 5 hour workouts of Chest, Legs and Abs, Back Accordingly, Go to shop once in two weeks on those days, Clean the house every week on those days (No courier work) and also Ideally plan my week, and talk to people in my apartment about notes that I wrote throughout the week (In reality I mostly plan days currently, but I am striving for the weekly schedule)
(End Edit)
That's pretty much it.

If it is still not clear, let me know, I may elaborate on anything you wish. Thanks for your interest!!

Edited by Yan
Completing Routine description

Entry 03.11 (04.11 in the morning)

Day 46: No Useless videos
Day 44: Following Food Schedule

Worthwhile mentions today
1. I woke up accidentally at 06:30, after dozing off at around 02:00, and decided to make a complete workout - 5 hrs, before a scheduled conversation at 12:00, (Also skipping routines in the process which I have just completed retro.) Feels Great to make a complete workout after three days of just minimal running.

2. Made a filling for my tooth, the dentist said I probably shouldn't eat hard foods all together with my front teeth now forever (I hope it's just his opinion, because another dentist told me it was quite safe), also it feels very weird like something is standing out on the inside of my teeth.

3. Without any warning I started feeling an extreme sensitivity to cold (Even when I breathe on it, it hurts), after researching a little bit, I found out I shouldn't have eaten cold or warm foods.

( Which I did, both, because the dentist didn't instruct me otherwise )

I also read that this pain might last a couple of weeks now and that it should subside gradually. I strongly hope that this will pass, and that I didn't do irreversible damage to the filling =/ 

Cravings to escape to mindlessly watching YouTube and self-pitty are immense(Fear of damaging teeth).

Entry 04.11 (06.11 In the morning)

Day 47: No Useless videos
Day 45: Following Food Schedule

It seems that for some reason the previous post didn't get postted although I'm quite sure I posted it. Oh well, I'll do my best to restore it.
Two days ago I experimented with my work hour so that Instead of eating right after the morning marketing project (2 hours after previous meal) I left to do deliveries for 2 hours and came back to eat lunch. 

It felt a bit better if I look at it from a stomach feeling perspective. The problem is that to return home It might mean I'm losing momentum on deliveries (Because I could have taken a delivery that was going away from home, but chose not to in order to go home to eat)

I have given it some thought yesterday/today, and I think that the next experiment should be packing both the lunch and dinner together with me.
(The main goal is to avoid eating meals too close to eachother.

I smile a bit less because I opened my mouth less not to have wind on my teeth, and generally my lip is still injured, so that affects my mood a little bit. 

As you know smiling makes you feel good after a while(According to one experiment), and vice versa.

Entry 05.11 (06.11 In the morning)

Day 48: No Useless videos
Day 46: Following Food Schedule

Yesterday(Two days ago) - I noted weird noises from my bike in the evening as if it was going to break, and so I was worried today and went to a bike shop first thing when I got out for a shift.

Since it's Saturday, most shops are closed here in Israel , but the one shop that was opened told me they'd have to take the bike overnight to fix it. Since I really wanted to complete 40 deliveries over weekend I decided not to keep it there and continue biking with the damaged part.
This resulted in me riding very gently, therefor putting no effort, and feeling like falling asleep (I always prefer to put some effort, this way I can get more deliveries quicker and actually feel like I'm doing sports and accomplishing something) I hope I will go to another shop today(no longer weekend) so that they could fix it.

Two more things in bullets worth mentioning: 
-The guy in the store offered me to rent an e-bike for the day until they fix mine. (Gladly I declined) Because it is a lot easier and faster to do deliveries with an e-bike, trying one could make me want it more. (The same as videogames) But truly it goes against my values because I've gone to this job so that I could do sports at the same time and have it be useful. Not just for money.

-I skipped lunch in an attempt to make the day shorter and sleep earlier (At human hours). After some time I felt soreness in my hand, which I'm pretty sure resulted from the fact that my lunch holds 80% of my proteins in a day.

-After having no coat and putting no strong effort on the bike I guess the wind got to me, and I feel slight pain in my chest. 
Got to start taking a coat at least for the times when I ride slowly and don't increase my heartrate.

Entry 06.11 (Written at 07.11 in the morning)
Day 49: No Useless Videos
Day 47: Sticking to Food schedule

Today Instead of completing my workout which I missed on Tuesday because of working on the elections from 06:00 till 22:00
I did a few other Important things and a 1 hour minimal workout, which means that with god's help, I'll have 2 days of 5 hour workouts in a row now and then another one after a break of a day.
What did I complete? 
-Fixed the part of the bike which was likely the cause of the weird noises yesterday
-Gone to dentist (but the appointment turned out to be tomorrow)
-Translated a contract to sublet my room while I'm gone and signed it with the renter.

My trip to Spain is 8 days away and I still didn't get an accomodation. Not to talk about my main goal which is finding a job there that will help me get a visa during the 1 month stay. I have started messaging property owners on Whatsapp in droves without record already (Used to write everything down to track)
Because I'd really prefer not to stay at a hostel with a shared dorm. Although I will if I must.

Entry 07.11 (Written at 08.11 in the morning)
Day 50: No Useless Videos
Day 48: Sticking to Food schedule

- 7 days away from trip to Spain.

Today I did only one hour of work on my marketing project. Only 2.5 hours workout so that I could make it to the dentist, then I had a puncture in my bike and went to fix it straight away and took an unplanned shower, which eventually resulted in being one hour late on schedule. Which meant that If I continue the workout I won't eat the meals of today (Before 00:00) So I skipped the second 2.5 hour part of the workout.

I also planned and ate everything in 2 meals.
This is already not the first day that I do this, and eat a helluvalot in the evening and then doze off.

I also allowed myself to doze off after the big breakfast.
It seems I'm losing quite a few battles, and mainly because of dozing off after big meals.

I need to make it a habit to stand up when I feel tired and withstand this urge to drop to sleep as it is unhealthy for my teeth, stomach, and hinders my entire schedule.

• Like 1