NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 1: Why I Joined Game Quitters

Iann

A few years back when I was a sophomore in high school, I managed to quit video games for 3 years... Until I had a series of serious relapses the past couple of weeks. I'd stay up really late, sometimes all night, playing GTA. Then, I'd wake up the next day guilty, tired and disappointed.

I remembered Game Quitters because that's how I initially quit during my high school years. I think I started gaming again because now that I'm working full-time and running my own business on the side, I'm starting to feel the pressure of being an adult. Something about video games brings back nostalgia, therefore it's comforting and probably a big reason why I went back to it for an escape.

Anyway, I took the plunge and signed up for Respawn Elite and now I'm feeling very confident. I trust Cam, his story, and this community. Most importantly, I trust myself. If you're in a similar position and you're reading this, remember to trust yourself, too. We are all we have. Nobody is gonna get us through this but ourselves. Yes, Cam will coach us through his process, and I'm very grateful for him and his business, but I still feel it's important to recognize that I have the power to change and it all comes down to me taking action. I like to keep reminding myself of that.

I'm ready to claim my life back. Let's do this!

• Like 1

Always nice to see new people who are willing to take action to change the direction of their lives. You are most definitely on the right path now, when looking at what you told about your past with gaming! 

I can't be but happy for your decision and I wish you all the best with your journey. 🙂