NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Can I just FINISH this level

chillenger

I have been fighting with PC procrastination for 8 years. Sometimes I win and my mind is clear from distractions for months. But every time I have got less friends or less planned work to do I RELAPSE. I have relapsed a LOT of times. 2 month ago I relapsed to playing WoT. Luckily I managed to "destroy" this addiction with some articles and posts. But this didnt stop the addiction. I started reading too much news, then too much movies about war, and today ended up just binge watching netflix series. I want to stop the cycle. I have tried a lot of things. I ve build a good automatic protection layer with program called Freedom. I plan all my actions in my journaling software. To the point that finding this forum was a planned action by me. Nevertheless, I remain relapsed for 2 month. I need help. This thread may become one of the most powerful tools to stop my procrastination

• Like 1

Day 0. 

My goal: never procrastinate using any computer

PC procrastination includes:
1) Gaming
2) Binge watching
3) Reading news more than once a week
4) Any movies while I am alone

Let it die and be hated afterwards

Edited by chillenger
  • Like 1

Hope you come back and write more, whatever happens. Before I come here, I binged watch stuffs on my phone until 4am, telling myself I did not need to sleep anyway then spent my whole weekend in withdrawals. 

Keep coming back, let's take it easy one day, one morning, one hour or just one minute at a time.

• Like 1

Day 10. On the day 2 I continued binge watching. I was forced to block most of websites on my PC but forgot to add this website to the white list. Today I`m back again. During the last week I watched on my phone, so I blocked my phone for 45 minutes for each 15 I use it. The same with the second PC and TV, I plugged them off and hid the wires as far as I can. It took me days to realize I have to do all that. But I continue to watch on my phone. Im planning to lower it`s usage time to 8 min per 30 min. Maybe than I stop watching finally and have time for texting with some girls

Edited by chillenger

Here is my current strategy

1) Block computers
2) Find girlfriend;Start hanging out with friends more;Better job?
3) Lower blocking level
4) Work with PC as normal person

In my opinion, being social can naturally replace my gaming and watching. Maybe not only mine

Edited by chillenger
  • Like 1

Day 12. I didnt procrastinate the whole previous day. The blocking of devices + call to a girl solves my urge to play video games or watch series. Like literarly I wanted to break my blocks but after I talk with her I didnt want. It seems these things only work together

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 8:22 AM, chillenger said:

Day 12. I didnt procrastinate the whole previous day. The blocking of devices + call to a girl solves my urge to play video games or watch series. Like literarly I wanted to break my blocks but after I talk with her I didnt want. It seems these things only work together

Having a life, in which you are successful in following your goals, everyone can stay strong and not relapse. But you dont always have those external motivators to stay on track. You are right tho 1) Change the environment is one of the most important point. Because some people try to do it the hard way, like having the pc infront of their nose and instead of touching it, they want to read in a book all day - thats obviously way tougher than blocking every website and studying in the library.

But remember that you have to stay strong too.

• Like 1

Day 19. It`s a shame, forgot about posting. Adding this website to the taskbar so that I can remeber better this time. 
As for my addiction, I was completely free for only 3/7 days.  This is due to gaps in blocking level and low sucess in dating (which apparently demotivates and causes to relapse). Yesterday I fixed the "blocking" part. Today I`m gonna do that thing called "Daygame". Trying to find a girfriend this way. Wish me luck, thread

Edited by chillenger