NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I'm sick and tired of combat, shooting, slashing, fighting, killing, or war video games. I quit!

Sysop

Am I even welcome here? To be clear, I quit playing violent video games. As I look around this site, it seems "gamers" "gamer" and "gaming" etc addicts associate with VIOLENT games. Going out on a limb here, I'm starting to think some people are addicted to simulated KILLING. Explains why the entire gaming market is saturated with violent genre vs non-violent. Just look at TV and Movies, saturated with violence. In my opinion, in my observation, there is more killing on TV than sex. I find that odd.

I have no plans to quit playing non-violent games, as I go months without playing any game, video or non-video, simply because there are very few non-violent, non-sport, games available for adults.

House is paid for. Car is paid for. Education is paid for. Over 25 years in my career. So this site is probably not for me since it's primary focus is toward addicts. With that said, I would love to know how many addicts are addicted to and only addicted to, non-violent video games vs how many addicts are addicted to both violent and non-violent video games. 

I have a theory. 

Edited by Sysop

Personally, I can't play anything that simulates real life warfare/violence (Call of Duty, Battlefield, GTA) anymore since they started making me feel sick to my stomach.

And yes, you are welcome here 🙂

Edited by Joesulc

• Sysop changed the title to I'm sick and tired of combat, shooting, slashing, fighting, killing, or war video games. I quit!
  • 4 months later...

I have never enjoyed anything that resembles real war, but I could enjoy shooters and melee combat in a sci fi or fantasy setting in my youth. Such games always had something else that kept me interested. It could be the story, the characters, the exploration, the puzzles... As long as there was something else going on, I could accept the violence.

But today I'm struggling. I find combat in video games extremely boring and unnecessary, and most games have it, or even revolve around it. It was just recently that I realized why I dislike most games. I even bought Elden Ring to see what the fuzz was all about. Needless to say that it's collecting dust on my hard drive now.

It was when I went through my list of favorite games that I saw the pattern - a list of games almost void of combat.

So you are not alone. But I think we are in a minority. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:10 PM, Sysop said:

Am I even welcome here? To be clear, I quit playing violent video games. As I look around this site, it seems "gamers" "gamer" and "gaming" etc addicts associate with VIOLENT games. Going out on a limb here, I'm starting to think some people are addicted to simulated KILLING. Explains why the entire gaming market is saturated with violent genre vs non-violent. Just look at TV and Movies, saturated with violence. In my opinion, in my observation, there is more killing on TV than sex. I find that odd.

I have no plans to quit playing non-violent games, as I go months without playing any game, video or non-video, simply because there are very few non-violent, non-sport, games available for adults.

House is paid for. Car is paid for. Education is paid for. Over 25 years in my career. So this site is probably not for me since it's primary focus is toward addicts. With that said, I would love to know how many addicts are addicted to and only addicted to, non-violent video games vs how many addicts are addicted to both violent and non-violent video games. 

I have a theory. 

What was your daily average on non violent video games?