NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 0

Lemynaded

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 60

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 10

Objective 03 : Day 10

- Accomplish 7h00 of work total *** (see the note bellow)

- Start working at 8h30 am and work for 3h30

- Continue at 1h30 pm, work for 3h30

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

*** NOTE

Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because I have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00 of work to 3h30 of work.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:11 PM, Yan said:

The day count is great, but maybe reflection could also help. Perhaps take my format of 3 things you did well and 1 thing you could do better. In any case, what I'm trying to say is perhaps write something that will help you understand how you passed your day so that you would better understand how to better pass your next days 🙂 Just writing the days doesn't help that much with that... Let me know what you think.

I think this is a good idea. I'll keep a note book on the side and fill it up when I feel like I did a thing. I'll start doing that tomorrow.

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 62

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 10

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

*** NOTE

Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because I have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00 of work to 3h30 of work.

Did well yesterday, worked well for the first 3h30, did ok for the other half of work.

Ended up wasting a bit of time during the work, could be more efficient, have a more stream lined work process instead of concentrating on tiny, unimportant details.

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 64

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 12

Objective 03 : Day 12

*** NOTE

Worked well in my opinion, accomplished a chunk of the objectives I gave myself this week work wise, and I am nearly done reviewing the material that I have to learn.

I noticed that I have a tendency to push work for a later time... that's bad. I still do 7h of work in the end, just not efficiently. I need to man up 

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 65

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 13

Objective 03 : Day 13

*** NOTE

Objective 01 : Social media only for education

The good

- Still going strong

The meh

- I need a hobby, was thinking about reading a bit more actively. Some of you guys allready recommended some books to me, so I'll look into it

_________

Objective 02: Wake up and drink coffee

The good

- Well at least I still wake up at 6 am

The meh

- I am lethargic and basically don't do anything, I think that getting into the habit of doing a small chore after waking up might help me 

________
Objective 03

The good

- Well I work a lot more then I used too

- Did a whole lot of work yesterday, finished a big chunk of the stuff I wanted to do

The meh

- Tend to stray from the established schedule and push some of the stuff I don't want to do...

Yea I totally feel that point of pushing stuff on later. Back when I had a good routine I also started late, shifted the work to tje evenings etc. From my experience: Really think about how you can fix this ASAP. For me this was a reason to relapse/dont do any work, because I hated it to do work at the evening(but still didnt do it atthe morning) so at some point I skipped the work totally. Thats why I recommend finding a way to force yourself to start early, no postponing. Simply saying ‚stay strong‘ and big promises to myself ‚tomorrow you do better‘ used to lead to the opposite. 

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 66

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 14

Objective 03 : Day 14

*** NOTE

Objective 01 : Social media only for education

The good

- Managed to occupy myself pretty well

- No relapse

The meh

- I have those urges sometimes do just, binge watch stuff,  especially when I've been working for a while. I have it under control (I think), but don't really want to start using this as an excuse to waste my time.

... unsure what to do about this, meditation? I don't know

_________

Objective 02: Wake up and drink coffee

The good

- Same ol, same ol, I still wake up at 6h00

- Made the coffee, but I ended up drinking it afterward

The meh

- Lethargic! This is actually so dumb. I mean come on! Feeling sleepy shouldn't even be that much of an excuse to not do something as simple as... I dunno, changing my cloths? Taking a shower? 

- Alright tomorrow I'll make sure not to go back to bed immediately after finishing my coffee, this is dumb

________
Objective 03

The good

- Actually finished my 7 hours earlier yesterday, nice

- Nearly done with my homework as a whole

The meh

- After 4/5 hours of work I have trouble concentrating on the task at hand, I think that having different thing to do might help me. That way I can do something else when I am struggling to be productive.

11 hours ago, Lobares2 said:

Yea I totally feel that point of pushing stuff on later. Back when I had a good routine I also started late, shifted the work to tje evenings etc. From my experience: Really think about how you can fix this ASAP. For me this was a reason to relapse/dont do any work, because I hated it to do work at the evening(but still didnt do it atthe morning) so at some point I skipped the work totally. Thats why I recommend finding a way to force yourself to start early, no postponing. Simply saying ‚stay strong‘ and big promises to myself ‚tomorrow you do better‘ used to lead to the opposite. 

Hey, thanks for the comment

I feel like just need to get moving after waking up honestly. It kinda feel like a snow ball effect sometime : I get up late - Start work late - Finish work late (and so it's more difficult). 

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day0

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 0

Objective 03 : Day 0

*** NOTE

So what happened

I was under the impression that things were going pretty well, ended up growing more lenient with what I should and shouldn't do. So I ended up wasting yesterdays evening on social media, went to sleep at 12h00pm. Woke up at 11am, managing to fail objective 2 and 3 in one go.

So I am resetting every day counters that I've had and starting from zero again.

Going to pay up 150$ for failing again...

I am not even sure what to learn from this honestly... and the very idea that someone finds out that I've been sending money repeatedly because I keep failing those objectives scares the ever living crap out of me....

How the hell do the rest of you stick to your objectives?

Edited by Lemynaded

1. Be aware that even the smallest step into the wrong direction will make you relapse/not doing your routine for sure. Its like an escalator, once you step on it you will end up there back at the old habits. Remember that. You cant allow yourself any mistakes for many months.

2. Dont try ‚to stay strong‘, ‚stay disciplined‘. Its somewhat necessary but make your desired activities as easy as possible(not talking about that you should make the process easier, more the initiating, like always to study with a friend so there is pressure) and not desired activities as hard as possible. 

3. Change the environment. Old environment, same old habits. That means maybe go to the library everyday to study. Things like that.

4. Failing is ok, but dont throw everything away after one shitty day. Just because you woke up late doesnt mean you have to make the same mistake the next day. Or even on the same day you could still work.

A few things I learnt in the oast years, might help

Edited by Lobares2
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day3

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 3

Objective 03 : Day 3

*** NOTE

On 1/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, Lobares2 said:

1. Be aware that even the smallest step into the wrong direction will make you relapse/not doing your routine for sure. Its like an escalator, once you step on it you will end up there back at the old habits. Remember that. You cant allow yourself any mistakes for many months.

2. Dont try ‚to stay strong‘, ‚stay disciplined‘. Its somewhat necessary but make your desired activities as easy as possible(not talking about that you should make the process easier, more the initiating, like always to study with a friend so there is pressure) and not desired activities as hard as possible. 

3. Change the environment. Old environment, same old habits. That means maybe go to the library everyday to study. Things like that.

4. Failing is ok, but dont throw everything away after one shitty day. Just because you woke up late doesnt mean you have to make the same mistake the next day. Or even on the same day you could still work.

A few things I learnt in the oast years, might help

Thanks for that 👍

Edited by Lemynaded

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day6

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 6

Objective 03 : Day 6

*** NOTE

Edited by Lemynaded

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day08

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 0

*** NOTE

SO

Reset on objective 02 and 03

This is my sixth (don't know if it's a word but whatever) reset now on objective 03, and this got me thinking : Am I doing something wrong here?

And you know what, I think I am, and actually came up with a solution. Actually it's so simple that I am surprised that I didn't think of this sooner. So from now on, I will not be partaking in any form of distraction / fun activities until I am done with objective 01, 02 and 03 for the day. WHY didn't I think of this sooner? IT'S ... like... the FIRST thing that I should have done when starting this.

ALSO, from now on every morning after waking up I will be writing down 2 to 3 objective (minimum) that I'll be trying to accomplish through those 7 hours of work and immediately after finishing those 7 hours, I'll make a second update detailing how it went. It will also act as a tell tell sign that I messed up objective 01 if I don't post something in the morning.

SO the objectives are now like this from now on :

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day08

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website : Day 0

*** NOTE

- Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because   I  have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00  of work to 3h30 of work.

- No form of distraction / fun activity allowed until work is done

And here's an other 100$ lost

Edited by Lemynaded

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day09

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 01

Objective 03 : Day 01

*** NOTE

- Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because   I  have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00  of work to 3h30 of work.

- No form of distraction / fun activity allowed until I've tried as much as possible to complete those objectives without being sleep deprived the next day, and that means No television, no phone conversations, no texting, no reading

Daily Objective

- Finishing my notes, finishing my animation planning, starting the pendulum assignment

It took way longer then expected and I am nearly done finishing my notes. I'll keep working and try to finish the rest.

- Sending my CV to 5 places

Maybe, if I make the time for it and if the objective up above doesn't take too long

- Reading the '' Driver user guide'' book (I have no idea how to translate this in English)

Maybe, if I make the time for it

Edited by Lemynaded

Completely forgot to say how it went yesterday

- Actually completed daily objective 1 and 4 (even finished the pendulum animation, so that's nice)

- I haven't touched 2 and 3

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day10

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 02

Objective 03 : Day 02

*** NOTE

- No form of distraction / fun activity allowed until I've tried as much as possible to complete those objectives without being sleep deprived the next day, and that means No television, no phone conversations, no texting, no reading

TODAY daily objectives are

- Sending something like 10 CV (that's the main objective today)

- Reading the '' Driver user guide'' book (I have no idea how to translate this in English) for something like two hours  (secondary objective)

- Maybe getting some daily feedback on the animation I made and looking for more references

Yesterday went

- Send my CV to 3 places, ended up revising my CV and my presentation letter

- Spent an hours and a half reading the '' Driver user guide''

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day11

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 03

Objective 03 : Day 03

*** NOTE

- I need to finish my posing assignment, with sketch and references

- Complete the pendulum assignment

Forgot to set my alarm last night

- Finished the pendulum anim

- Finished the pose and drawing

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day12

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 04

Objective 03 : Day 04

*** NOTE

- Read and take notes on the material, need to finish this on SUNDAY

- Find some video references for the next asssignement

Yesterday

- Didn't read everything, I'LL have to select what's more important to watch and finish this today

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day13

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 05

Objective 03 : Day 05

*** NOTE

TODAY is CV sending day

- Send 10 CV todays

- Read the road guide

-Finish anim lectures

STart references

Yesterday

- Finished lecture material

- Read and took notes for 13 pages of the user guide

- Send 7 CV

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day14

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 06

Objective 03 : Day 06

*** NOTE

TODAY is CV sending day

- Make references for the next animation project

- Correct the pendulum

Right! Couldn't post at the usual time, was staying over at a friends house

- The pendulum is pretty much done

- Didn't finish reference

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day15

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 07

Objective 03 : Day 07

*** NOTE

Today

- Planning and reference for animation

- Sending 5 to 10 more CV

- Reading 10 more page of the driving book thing

So yesterday

- Finished planning

- Actually made progress for the animation

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day16

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 08

Objective 03 : Day 08

*** NOTE

Today

- No joke I need to send a lot of CVs today, it's getting stupid

So yesterday

- Actually sent a fair amount of CV

- Worked a whole lot on the overlap assignment

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day17

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 09

Objective 03 : Day 09

*** NOTE

Today

- Correct the overlap assignment based on mentor notes

- Schedule phone interview

So yesterday

- Pretty much finished everything I planned 

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day18

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 10

*** NOTE

Today

- Small tweaking of the assignement

- Read road user guide

So yesterday

- Had my animation reviewed, there a lot a fix that needs to be done

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day19

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am, drink a coffee, write down the daily objectives on this website first thing after getting up : Day 11

Objective 03 : Day 11

*** NOTE

Today

- Finish the material that need reading for this week

- Road user guide, then page of it