NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 0

Lemynaded

43 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Have you thought about the Pomodoro technique for chunking up your work? I think it goes something like you do 25 mins of focused work, followed by a 5 min break, another 25 mins of work followed by a 5 min break, and then finally 25 mins of work followed by a longer 15 min break. You then start the process over again. Something to consider as you’re trying to get more work done throughout the day.

Oh yeah! I do use that technique.

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 33

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 38

Objective 03 : Day 02

- Accomplish 7h00 of work total *** (see the note bellow)

- Start working at 8h30 am and work for 3h30

- Continue at 1h30 pm, work for 3h30

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

*** NOTE

Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because I have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00 of work to 3h30 of work.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:20 PM, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 32

Also I'll have to pay 100$ for failing on Saturday and Sunday 

My man, you will make Cam Adair rich xD Keep at it, so excited to see you getting knocked down and keeping on getting up. U just like Rocky dude! 🙂 

I'd like to add that in my very individual opinion, it's better off chatting with the people close to you in further split apart distances ( I live apart though ), not everyday. In your case, at least not devote that much specific time to it. You're gonna see them anyway, you live in the same house...

When you talk too much It doesn't leave so much time to development and feels like a time waste to me. (But that's my individual feeling again)
So I think in some sort of way, this is just an excuse not to work for you. Nothing is gonna happen if you're going to do less small talk. Let me know what you think.

3182354-4232773939-nintc.jpg

On 12/13/2022 at 4:41 PM, Paul A. said:

Have you thought about the Pomodoro technique for chunking up your work? I think it goes something like you do 25 mins of focused work, followed by a 5 min break, another 25 mins of work followed by a 5 min break, and then finally 25 mins of work followed by a longer 15 min break. You then start the process over again. Something to consider as you’re trying to get more work done throughout the day.

For a full overview of the technique check out the book (The Pomodoro Technique by Francesco Cirillo)
Generally a chunk of pomodoros is considered 3-5 pomodoros, after which you take a 15-30 minute break.
In between them, the optimal break is 3-5 minutes.

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 34

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 39

Objective 03 : Day 00

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

*** NOTE

Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because I have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00 of work to 3h30 of work.

10 hours ago, Yan said:

I'd like to add that in my very individual opinion, it's better off chatting with the people close to you in further split apart distances ( I live apart though ), not everyday. In your case, at least not devote that much specific time to it. You're gonna see them anyway, you live in the same house...

I wasn't really talking about chatting, I mean I live with my mom, but I don't actually see my dad very often and when I do, I usually spend the day at his house. I don't feel like saying no to that for the sake of work.

Paid the required amount... will probably happen again knowing myself

14 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 34

I wasn't really talking about chatting, I mean I live with my mom, but I don't actually see my dad very often and when I do, I usually spend the day at his house. I don't feel like saying no to that for the sake of work.

Paid the required amount... will probably happen again knowing myself

What was the failure point? How do you plan to Improve? Without reflection it will definitely happen again.
On the other matter. I would definitely not forego those meetings with your father. But 3.5 hrs is quite a lot (In my subjective opinion) 
Maybe such a format should happen once a week at most, probably I would opt closer to once a month.
Because it may start being a way for you to escape work.

But, this decision should follow your life's purpose of course which could be different from mine. Once you have that defined, it all becomes clear what the balance should be. Just as I wrote to Paul here on the forum today: I'd recommend reading the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey for some help with that.

(Edit)P.S. A thought: Consider how your meetings with him influence your work overall, if it actually boosts your productivity 500%the rest of the time (whether because he has practical knowledge or because your connection with him helps you feel a sense of purpose) then it's definitely worth it.

Edited by Yan
Added a P.S.
  • Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 35

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 40

Objective 03 : Day 01

*** NOTE

4 hours ago, Yan said:

What was the failure point? How do you plan to Improve? Without reflection it will definitely happen again.
On the other matter. I would definitely not forego those meetings with your father. But 3.5 hrs is quite a lot (In my subjective opinion) 
Maybe such a format should happen once a week at most, probably I would opt closer to once a month.
Because it may start being a way for you to escape work.

Honestly I think it's still a mater of pushing of work... maybe because I don't feel any form of pressure to do work. Usually, this starts to change after losing money, I start remembering the amount I already lost and how much of a waste it would be if I just stop now and do nothing.

And as for the meeting thing, I totally understand what you mean, but I think I have it under control, those things usually happen only once a week. And it's my goal to improve on this objective eventually (starting to work earlier, getting used to work late, increasing the amount of work accomplished during the day overall, etc)

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 36

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 41

*** NOTE

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 38

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 43

Objective 03 : Day 04

*** NOTE

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 39

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 44

Objective 03 : Day 05

*** NOTE

On 12/16/2022 at 3:24 PM, Lemynaded said:

Honestly I think it's still a mater of pushing of work... maybe because I don't feel any form of pressure to do work. Usually, this starts to change after losing money, I start remembering the amount I already lost and how much of a waste it would be if I just stop now and do nothing.

And as for the meeting thing, I totally understand what you mean, but I think I have it under control, those things usually happen only once a week. And it's my goal to improve on this objective eventually (starting to work earlier, getting used to work late, increasing the amount of work accomplished during the day overall, etc)

About the first paragraph, I didn't understand anything. Mind explaining it again in other words?

About the second paragraph, well if you're clear about what balance you would like to have btween your family and work in accordance with your life's purpose than awesome. I'd still suggest reading the book, maybe you'd get some additional nuggets.

Edited by Yan
Small typo correction
  • Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 40

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 45

Objective 03 : Day 06

*** NOTE

_________

16 hours ago, Yan said:

About the first paragraph, I didn't understand anything. Mind explaining it again in other words?

Right, lol!

So after my reset on objective 03 five days ago I think you asked what lead me to fail and how I plan to improve.

Question : What lead me to fail ?

Answer : A lack of motivation to accomplish the objective.

Question : How do I fix this?

Answer : By losing money until I start caring about accomplishing this objective, motivation or no.

What I was trying to say is that when I remember that I've lost something like 750$ doing this so far... the prospect of just giving up on those objectives of mine because I don't want to work just... doesn't seem like an option. Failing from time to time reminds me of this, of the cumulative cost of my failure so far, and it gives me a good reason to do something, even if I don't really want to.

Don't know if it makes any sens.

• Like 2

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 42

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 47

Objective 03 : Day 08

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 50

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 0

Objective 03 : Day 0 (Made it to day 12)

I think that I'll have to update this on a daily basis from now on, might avoid a reset if I do so

Still need to pay up

13 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

I think that I'll have to update this on a daily basis from now on, might avoid a reset if I do so

Still need to pay up

Would love to see a reflection post on what happened, why, and how to do it better (a daily update is a great start, but I think you could use a deeper analysis)

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 51

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 01

Objective 03 : Day 01

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Would love to see a reflection post on what happened, why, and how to do it better (a daily update is a great start, but I think you could use a deeper analysis)

Honestly I agree, but I don't really know... I'll think about this and come up with an answer tomorrow

On 12/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, Lemynaded said:

Right, lol!

So after my reset on objective 03 five days ago I think you asked what lead me to fail and how I plan to improve.

Question : What lead me to fail ?

Answer : A lack of motivation to accomplish the objective.

Question : How do I fix this?

Answer : By losing money until I start caring about accomplishing this objective, motivation or no.

What I was trying to say is that when I remember that I've lost something like 750$ doing this so far... the prospect of just giving up on those objectives of mine because I don't want to work just... doesn't seem like an option. Failing from time to time reminds me of this, of the cumulative cost of my failure so far, and it gives me a good reason to do something, even if I don't really want to.

Don't know if it makes any sens.

What do you mean a lack of motivation? It seems to me you're quite motivated, as you keep coming back to the same goal. Mind explaining in more detail what you mean by lack of motivation? Perhaps we are talking about different kinds of motivation, short term and long term? Anyway, more details would be cool 🙂
On the other hand, you're awesome for failing that many times and still keeping to pay up and staying determined to accomplish the same goals! Stay strong and shall the truth guide you and never get burried for you.

13 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Honestly I agree, but I don't really know... I'll think about this and come up with an answer tomorrow

That's exactly the reason to do this!!!
On another subject, Daily Journal Streak Day 2, as @Irishrican950 puts it, get on the horse! 🙂

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 52

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 02

9 hours ago, Yan said:

What do you mean a lack of motivation? It seems to me you're quite motivated, as you keep coming back to the same goal. Mind explaining in more detail what you mean by lack of motivation? Perhaps we are talking about different kinds of motivation, short term and long term? Anyway, more details would be cool 🙂
On the other hand, you're awesome for failing that many times and still keeping to pay up and staying determined to accomplish the same goals! Stay strong and shall the truth guide you and never get burried for you.

That's exactly the reason to do this!!!
On another subject, Daily Journal Streak Day 2, as @Irishrican950 puts it, get on the horse! 🙂

Haha, yeah it's weird isn't it. I'll will come back to theses goals because I am motivated to change, but sometimes I'll just look for excuses to do something else because I just won't feel like working. It's a bit of a contradiction, and I am not even sure if it make sense, but that's more or less what I did, felt like reading some books, I didn't feel like working, so I literally spent my day reading.

Guess I'll just have to learn how to suck it up

11 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

I am motivated to change, but sometimes I'll just look for excuses to do something else because I just won't feel like working

Yeah i get this too. The other day I didn't feel like working on my short story so I did some drawing instead. During these days I think it's important to have those back up hobbies, the mindless ones where you can just do it while relaxing. I don't necessarily see it as a fault. Personally I think we need days like this to recharge after days of working. So doing activities like reading or drawing or even taking a hot bath provides us with that sense of relaxation that we crave without turning to games.

Sounds like you're making good progress on your goals. Keep going!

Best Wishes,

Ace

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 54

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 04

Objective 03 : Day 04

• Like 1

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 55

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 05

Objective 03 : Day 05

*** NOTE

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 57

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 07

Objective 03 : Day 07

*** NOTE

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 58

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 08

*** NOTE

7 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 58

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 08

*** NOTE

The day count is great, but maybe reflection could also help. Perhaps take my format of 3 things you did well and 1 thing you could do better. In any case, what I'm trying to say is perhaps write something that will help you understand how you passed your day so that you would better understand how to better pass your next days 🙂 Just writing the days doesn't help that much with that... Let me know what you think.

• Like 1