NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 0

Lemynaded

Objective 01 : Day 10

Objective 02 : Day 15

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Glad to see you're still at it champ. Though daily updates would be more effective in my opinion 🙂

Honestly I agree, but I can't seem to share your opinion when I arrive home at 8 pm...

I could maybe try to find the time in the morning, but frankly, I am just as tired in the morning, and somehow even more grumpy...

But I can try I guess

12 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 10

Objective 02 : Day 15

Honestly I agree, but I can't seem to share your opinion when I arrive home at 8 pm...

I could maybe try to find the time in the morning, but frankly, I am just as tired in the morning, and somehow even more grumpy...

But I can try I guess

You could just write a line or two, it could take 2-5 minutes. I believe you can prioritize it for this amount of time every day. What do you think? 

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 11

Objective 02 : Day 16

9 hours ago, Yan said:

You could just write a line or two, it could take 2-5 minutes. I believe you can prioritize it for this amount of time every day. What do you think? 

I think it's a great Idea

I don't know what 6am me will think about it though

Guess we'll see

• Like 1

Have you read "Atomic Habits"? It helps solving this issue of not having motivation at certain times through creation of "habit chains"... 

For me, the morning starts with watering all of my plants, then immediately going for a 5-min walk, then journaling while the water for my tea is boiling. Afterwards, I allow myself to be grumpy/tired/frustrated at the morning, but the first 20 minutes of my day are "automated".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 11

Objective 02 : Day 16

I think it's a great Idea

I don't know what 6am me will think about it though

Guess we'll see

The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that:
Unsuccessful people are waiting to feel like it to do it.
While successful people do it so they could feel like it. ( Don't remember the origin of the quote unfortunately )

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 13

Objective 02 : Day 18

On 11/21/2022 at 10:59 AM, Pochatok said:

Have you read "Atomic Habits"? It helps solving this issue of not having motivation at certain times through creation of "habit chains"... 

For me, the morning starts with watering all of my plants, then immediately going for a 5-min walk, then journaling while the water for my tea is boiling. Afterwards, I allow myself to be grumpy/tired/frustrated at the morning, but the first 20 minutes of my day are "automated".

On 11/21/2022 at 10:12 PM, Yan said:

The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that:
Unsuccessful people are waiting to feel like it to do it.
While successful people do it so they could feel like it. ( Don't remember the origin of the quote unfortunately )

Well I guess I am slowly working my way to creating good habits, I just don't want to start with to many things at once, tried that a few time, never ended with success.

I am already trying to wake up at 6am

And to drop game/social media (and it hasn't been going to badly recently, yet)

Will start adding new stuff in 15 more days

• Like 1

Great structure and lots of goals is an awesome way to go about this.

I just finished module 4 worksheet Fill The Void.

I found this extreamly helpful because it reminds me of all the things I love to do that fulfill me that don't involve gaming.

Now having these, always at the ready activities, it will be so much easier for me to divert my attention to something whenever I am feeling that empty anticipation of the chance to play a game. If I am bored or stressed or lonely I immediatly have alternative activities to initiate.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 13

Objective 02 : Day 18

Well I guess I am slowly working my way to creating good habits, I just don't want to start with to many things at once, tried that a few time, never ended with success.

I am already trying to wake up at 6am

And to drop game/social media (and it hasn't been going to badly recently, yet)

Will start adding new stuff in 15 more days

I agree on building one habit at a time, but writing here once a day is relatively small effort, and this habit is key for the accomplishment of all the rest).
It's not really something separate but something that comes to support the others... If you feel like it interferes with the other habits, maybe it's not the right path for you. But I strongly believe it shouldn't be the case...

• Like 3

Objective 01 : Day 23

Objective 02 : Day 28

9 hours ago, Yan said:

8/3  days 'till adding cold showerssssss right? Keep rocking sir! 🙂

Actually I'll be going for something more important.

I want to:

- Start Working / Studying at 8h30 Am

- Do 7 hour of work every day for 30 day (as a first objective)

It's something that I am able to do during the week, but I can't seem to do it during the weekend, I just avoid work and this annoys me.

I want this fixed. I want to develop some sort of discipline with myself, to stop avoiding work, I have a lot of free time now that I am not spending it exclusively on youtube, I want to do something with it.

Cold shower will have to wait until I get myself to start acting like an adult and stop avoiding responsibilities like the plague

10 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 23

Objective 02 : Day 28

Actually I'll be going for something more important.

I want to:

- Start Working / Studying at 8h30 Am

- Do 7 hour of work every day for 30 day (as a first objective)

It's something that I am able to do during the week, but I can't seem to do it during the weekend, I just avoid work and this annoys me.

I want this fixed. I want to develop some sort of discipline with myself, to stop avoiding work, I have a lot of free time now that I am not spending it exclusively on youtube, I want to do something with it.

Cold shower will have to wait until I get myself to start acting like an adult and stop avoiding responsibilities like the plague

Remind me what do you work at? I mean when you say work for 7 hours every day, what do you want to work on?
If that's what your conscious tells you, go for it! Though cold showers is for your health, so I'd place it quite high on the value ladder too. Hope you'll get to it next month (Since it's also a double kill if you do it instead of coffee 🙂 ).

Way to go on your progress up untill now! I think it would be cool if you'd write instead of "Objective" - Social media only for education: Day 23
and Waking up early + Brush Teeth and 15 min work: Day 28 (Or something like this) then everyone who reads it would be more clear on what it is 🙂 I have a feeling that most people won't go back through the pages to see what those objectives are =/

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 24

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 29

12 hours ago, Yan said:

I think it would be cool if you'd write instead of "Objective" - Social media only for education: Day 23
and Waking up early + Brush Teeth and 15 min work: Day 28 (Or something like this) then everyone who reads it would be more clear on what it is 🙂 I have a feeling that most people won't go back through the pages to see what those objectives are =/

That makes a lot of sense actually

12 hours ago, Yan said:

Remind me what do you work at? I mean when you say work for 7 hours every day, what do you want to work on?
If that's what your conscious tells you, go for it!

Right! So I want to work in the 3D industry as an animator, so by work I mean, watching tutorials, practice, finding good references, more practice, etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 24

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 29

That makes a lot of sense actually

Cool 🙂

17 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Right! So I want to work in the 3D industry as an animator, so by work I mean, watching tutorials, practice, finding good references, more practice, etc.

Got it. Very cool! Another question that rises though is how do you sustain yourself(moneywise)? 

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 29

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 34

Objective 03, Start working at 8:30 am and accomplish 7h00 of work per day : Day 0

The definition of work include anything from school studying/practicing activities and job related work

On 12/6/2022 at 12:25 AM, Yan said:

Cool 🙂

Got it. Very cool! Another question that rises though is how do you sustain yourself(moneywise)? 

Part time jobs, I live with my mother....

I don't really like talking about that, it's humiliating

On 12/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Lemynaded said:

No shame in that, friend! Life is not a race, we’re all moving through life at a different pace. You don’t have to feel humiliated that you still live with your mom. If you ask me, that just means you’re in a great position to save money and plan for the future! Keep your head up, you’re doing great!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Well, just as Paul said, don't be humiliated. Make a choice and stick by it. I understand this feeling, as I moved out as soon as I could, but I'm paying another price for it. It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you're willing to pay. As Paul said, this way you can save more money, while in the other way, you'll spend more, but be more independent. So once more, hope you decide and go with it, so that you have mental peace 🙂

• Like 2

Objective 01, Social media only for education : Day 32

Objective 02, Wake up at 6am and drink a coffee : Day 37

Objective 03 (updated) : Day 01

- Accomplish 7h00 of work total *** (see the note bellow)

- Start working at 8h30 am and work for 3h30

- Continue at 1h30 pm, work for 3h30

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

*** NOTE

Working is important for me, but I still want to remain flexible. I don't feel like cutting myself off from the people I know and tell them that I can't see em because I have to work and study. During those day where I'll be visiting someone (father, brother, whatever) for a big chunk of the day, the objective changes from 7h00 of work to 3h30 of work.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, Paul A. said:

No shame in that, friend! Life is not a race, we’re all moving through life at a different pace. You don’t have to feel humiliated that you still live with your mom. If you ask me, that just means you’re in a great position to save money and plan for the future! Keep your head up, you’re doing great!

On 12/11/2022 at 4:34 AM, Yan said:

Well, just as Paul said, don't be humiliated. Make a choice and stick by it. I understand this feeling, as I moved out as soon as I could, but I'm paying another price for it. It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you're willing to pay. As Paul said, this way you can save more money, while in the other way, you'll spend more, but be more independent. So once more, hope you decide and go with it, so that you have mental peace 🙂

Thanks a lot, I appreciate this

About the objective 3 update : I've realized that the most difficult part about working isn't the actual work, it's getting myself to work. I've failed the objective this Saturday and Sunday, or half of it. I've been able to start working at 8h30 and accomplish at least 3h30 of work. Then I took a break... and stopped working. This is why I am adding the two following rules :

- Continue at 1h30 pm, work for 3h30

- If I still haven't done 7h00 of work by then due to interruptions, continue at 6h30 work until I've done my 7h00

I feel like this should solve part of the problem I had, it makes my work schedule more concrete, I don't get to push work for later now.

The last rule I added was to add some flexibility, I don't think that I can and want to prioritize work over everything, I value my friends and family, I want to see them. 

Also I'll have to pay 100$ for failing on Saturday and Sunday 

Have you thought about the Pomodoro technique for chunking up your work? I think it goes something like you do 25 mins of focused work, followed by a 5 min break, another 25 mins of work followed by a 5 min break, and then finally 25 mins of work followed by a longer 15 min break. You then start the process over again. Something to consider as you’re trying to get more work done throughout the day.