NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 0

Lemynaded

Objective 01, day 10

Objective 02, day 10

So... finally managed to get to day 10, that's a start I guess. It's certainly better then what I used to do anyway, so I guess I should be happy about it.

But there's still a lot of work to be done. I am not exactly certain that I wont fail one of those objective again, so time will tell. I'll wait until day 20 before adding an other objective... maybe even 25, sticking to those two is already challenging, and I've been getting urges for the last 5 days... but honestly, I've already lost a bit of money failing to do this... so the idea of failing again is just...no.

Objective 01, day 21

Objective 02, day 0

On 10/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, Yan said:

Please elaborate once more, what are those objectives exactly?

Right

The first objective is to stop using video games and social medias like youtube, facebook, etc. Unless if it's for educational purpose.

The second objective is to wake the hell up, at 6 more specifically, get dressed, brush my teeth, get a coffee and do 15 minutes of work without going back to bed. So far, I am struggling with that one...

And as an added consequence for failing one of those objective, I need to donate 50$

That's the gist of it

12 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, day 21

Objective 02, day 0

Right

The first objective is to stop using video games and social medias like youtube, facebook, etc. Unless if it's for educational purpose.

The second objective is to wake the hell up, at 6 more specifically, get dressed, brush my teeth, get a coffee and do 15 minutes of work without going back to bed. So far, I am struggling with that one...

And as an added consequence for failing one of those objective, I need to donate 50$

That's the gist of it

Generally got it.
A few more questions I'm still wondering about:
-So what do you consider failing? How many days is success for you?
-What kind of 15 minute work you mean?
-Seems like you've restarted Objective 2, gonna donate 50$ now? Where do you donte to? 😉

• Like 1

Objective 01, day 22

Objective 02, day 01

Update : Considering the stupid amount of difficulties I've been having doing this objective, objective 02 is now :

- Wake up at 6:00 am

- Make and drink coffee

8 hours ago, Yan said:

Generally got it.
A few more questions I'm still wondering about:
-So what do you consider failing? How many days is success for you?
-What kind of 15 minute work you mean?
-Seems like you've restarted Objective 2, gonna donate 50$ now? Where do you donte to? 😉

- Well failing is not being able to accomplish the objective for the day, and success would be sticking to my objective until it becomes normality.

- Basically 15 minutes of studying, drawing, watching tutorials on youtube to learn how to use different softwares, working out, etc. Something that doesn't count as a waste of time basically... Guess it doesn't mater anymore since I've changed objective 02 to something simpler, for now anyway.

- Oh I've restarted... a lot... (not proud of it...and it's getting costly, not gonna lie) and I donate it to the website

13 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, day 22

Objective 02, day 01

Update : Considering the stupid amount of difficulties I've been having doing this objective, objective 02 is now :

- Wake up at 6:00 am

- Make and drink coffee

- Well failing is not being able to accomplish the objective for the day, and success would be sticking to my objective until it becomes normality.

- Basically 15 minutes of studying, drawing, watching tutorials on youtube to learn how to use different softwares, working out, etc. Something that doesn't count as a waste of time basically... Guess it doesn't mater anymore since I've changed objective 02 to something simpler, for now anyway.

- Oh I've restarted... a lot... (not proud of it...and it's getting costly, not gonna lie) and I donate it to the website

Mhm... Got ya'.
I think this definition of success will never allow you to truly feel success, and small wins are essential. (Constant measurable growth as Cam puts it)
I'd consider concentrating on having a 21 day streak, then if you really feel like it you could stop for a day. Then you could try 45 for example, and stop if you really want (You don't have to) and maybe then 90 and so on. ( Of course if after 90 you really feel like you really don't want to continue, that is also okay. Although you probably won't as it seems 🙂 But you will still know you have succeeded at your goal )

But may I ask why is it so important to drink Coffee?

• Like 1

Objective 01, day 23

Objective 02, day 02

20 hours ago, Yan said:

Mhm... Got ya'.
I think this definition of success will never allow you to truly feel success, and small wins are essential. (Constant measurable growth as Cam puts it)
I'd consider concentrating on having a 21 day streak, then if you really feel like it you could stop for a day. Then you could try 45 for example, and stop if you really want (You don't have to) and maybe then 90 and so on. ( Of course if after 90 you really feel like you really don't want to continue, that is also okay. Although you probably won't as it seems 🙂 But you will still know you have succeeded at your goal )

But may I ask why is it so important to drink Coffee?

I had a tendency to wake up, get out of bed, and then back to bed, but on the couch this time. I mean... I did get out of bed at 6h00... so it technically count, but what was the point?

So the coffee is just an easy task to accomplish in the morning, so that I don't go back to bed right after ''waking up''. That and it's a pleasant drink.

3 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, day 23

Objective 02, day 02

I had a tendency to wake up, get out of bed, and then back to bed, but on the couch this time. I mean... I did get out of bed at 6h00... so it technically count, but what was the point?

So the coffee is just an easy task to accomplish in the morning, so that I don't go back to bed right after ''waking up''. That and it's a pleasant drink.

Oh man, our mind is so slick....... "Technically getting out of bed" tries to fool ourselves. Glad you caught it.
Regarding the coffee, some researches consider it to be harmful for your heart health in the long term. So perhaps consider changing it to a cold shower?

• Like 2

Objective 01, day 24

Objective 02, day 03

18 hours ago, Yan said:

Oh man, our mind is so slick....... "Technically getting out of bed" tries to fool ourselves. Glad you caught it.
Regarding the coffee, some researches consider it to be harmful for your heart health in the long term. So perhaps consider changing it to a cold shower?

Hmmm

Cold shower isn't a bad idea, but it's not as easy (or pleasant actually) as drinking coffee...

Could give it a try, but if it doesn't stick maybe I'll just switch to an other drink, like tea

Edited by Lemynaded

1 hour ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, day 24

Objective 02, day 03

Hmmm

Cold shower isn't a bad idea, but it's not as easy (or pleasant actually) as drinking coffee...

Could give it a try, but if it doesn't stick maybe I'll just switch to an other drink, like tea

Awesome, will be waiting to hear how it goes! Don't expect it to be easy though in the beginning, It will only stick if you make it stick 🙂 It is the same as workouts, it requires some effort, but when you get momentum and it becomes a part of your Identity, you just do it. Anyway here's a random article:https://www.33fuel.com/blogs/default-blog/news-cold-shower-benefits with the boatload(12 in this article) of benefits cold showers offer. (I didn't read it through, just the subheadings 🙂 )
P.S. Here's a Ted x talk about cold showers that I did watch through 🙂

Edited by Yan
Added a cold shower ted talk
  • Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 01 (reset on 11/09/2022)

Objective 02 : day 05

On 11/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, Yan said:

Awesome, will be waiting to hear how it goes! Don't expect it to be easy though in the beginning, It will only stick if you make it stick 🙂 It is the same as workouts, it requires some effort, but when you get momentum and it becomes a part of your Identity, you just do it. Anyway here's a random article:https://www.33fuel.com/blogs/default-blog/news-cold-shower-benefits with the boatload(12 in this article) of benefits cold showers offer. (I didn't read it through, just the subheadings 🙂 )
P.S. Here's a Ted x talk about cold showers that I did watch through 🙂

Mhhh, could be a good idea, but I'll stick to coffee for a while. I am already having a tough time with the meager task on my hands, once I've got the hang on things, I'll start adding more objectives.

14 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Mhhh, could be a good idea, but I'll stick to coffee for a while. I am already having a tough time with the meager task on my hands, once I've got the hang on things, I'll start adding more objectives.

Okay. What is a while then specifically? And after this while would you like to replace the coffee drinking habit with the cold shower habit, or add it on top of it?

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 02

Objective 02 : Day 06

On 11/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, Yan said:

Okay. What is a while then specifically? And after this while would you like to replace the coffee drinking habit with the cold shower habit, or add it on top of it?

I was thinking about doing this for a month, and that change the coffee with a cold shower habit, and maybe add a small change in the mean time.

The fact that I am waiting for a month now doesn't imply that I'll be adding something new every month either. I might wait 15 days next time. It's just that I've been struggling with these 2 objective for a while, so I want to stick to em a little longer.

Edited by Lemynaded

1 hour ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 02

Objective 02 : Day 05

I was thinking about doing this for a month, and that change the coffee with a cold shower habit, and maybe add a small change in the mean time.

The fact that I am waiting for a month now doesn't imply that I'll be adding something new every month either. I might wait 15 days next time. It's just that I've been struggling with these 2 objective for a while, so I want to stick to em a little longer.

Perfect. I'll be back from my trip to Spain around that time to check on you and see that you;re continuing your awesome progress to the next step! (If fate allows it)

Objective 01 : Day 03

Objective 02 : Day 07

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Perfect. I'll be back from my trip to Spain around that time to check on you and see that you;re continuing your awesome progress to the next step! (If fate allows it)

Great! Enjoy your trip

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, Lemynaded said:

What exactly happened on 11/09? 
(Edit) I mean, did you watch social media? Did you game? What triggered you? How long did it last? What do you think you could do otherwise? How did you generally feel? (Feel free to elaborate further than just my questions)

Edited by Yan
  • Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 05

Objective 02 : Day 09

On 11/12/2022 at 10:30 PM, Yan said:

What exactly happened on 11/09? 
(Edit) I mean, did you watch social media? Did you game? What triggered you? How long did it last? What do you think you could do otherwise? How did you generally feel? (Feel free to elaborate further than just my questions)

Well I went on youtube, looking for 3D animation tutorial videos. Guess I remembered a funny video I once watched and it just kinda slipped? Honnestly I am not even sure myself... 

Objective 01 : Day 05

Objective 02 : Day 09

Well I went on youtube, looking for 3D animation tutorial videos. Guess I remembered a funny video I once watched and it just kinda slipped? Honnestly I am not even sure myself... 

Well did you feel awful after it happened with instant regret?
Did you continue to watch something else or did you just watch this one funny video and that's it?

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 09

Objective 02 : day 14

On 11/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, Yan said:

Well did you feel awful after it happened with instant regret?
Did you continue to watch something else or did you just watch this one funny video and that's it?

Awful and regret, I don't know, annoyed and somewhat frustrated, yes.

And it was one video, then I stopped

Still need to pay up though

Objective 01 : Day 09

Objective 02 : day 14

Awful and regret, I don't know, annoyed and somewhat frustrated, yes.

And it was one video, then I stopped

Still need to pay up though

Glad to see you're still at it champ. Though daily updates would be more effective in my opinion 🙂