NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 0

Lemynaded

bruv i just want to say that for me atleast, I thought gaming addiction was my problem but i was just fucking lonely. the best way to quit gaming is to start hanging out with friends bro

and find a passion like movies, or a sport like basketball or football.

• Like 1

Day 37

10 hours ago, Traveller said:

bruv i just want to say that for me atleast, I thought gaming addiction was my problem but i was just fucking lonely. the best way to quit gaming is to start hanging out with friends bro

and find a passion like movies, or a sport like basketball or football.

Well I interact with the other students in my program. Don't have much time for hanging out though.

In my case, I think I my addiction is more related to the fact that video games are just

SO GOD DAMN FUN

and it's like wtf why I am spending so much time on this thing I need to change underwear and eat solid food.

Same thing for youtube in a way, but different.

Day 8

23 hours ago, Pochatok said:

Hey!

Have you thought of making your journal entries a bit more detailed (and maybe less frequent?). For me, using this forum as a space to reflect and analyze turned out to be extremely helpful 🙂

I like making them frequent

I like to see the number go up

Day 9

Mhhook, so I'll be honest, I am not satisfied

I've been able to stick to my current objectives, and that's nice, but not enough.

I still get distracted easily when I am trying to work by going on the internet and watching stuff. It's not video game or youtube anymore (more like news and wikipedia) but it's still annoying because I end up doing this when I am suppose to be working. So I'll be updating my objective, don't waste your time on the web when you should be working. It's more of a personal objective, but I feel like it's an important one. I'll allow myself to go on wiki and read the news once I've accomplished at least 6 hours of work.

Edited my first post to include this new objective

Edited by Lemynaded
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel like nearly all of us go through the same when starting a detox. Your post about wasting time reading news, even wikipedia. So relatable! And I read many people writing hear the same.

At a certain point I was happy about staying sober with so many things. But at the end I was just sitting on the chair thinking about stuff - even that was a way for me procrastinate. All this is wasted if you dont follow your actual goal. I mean all those things, stop gaming, stop watching netflix etc. all those things are only happening because we want to have time for fulfilling our goals. But if we dont do that - than most of the hustle was/is pointless. Therefore rule Number 1 must be: Do what you are supposed to do! BUT dont think you can fall back into your addiction after you did your daily job. Because if you start gaming after doing xyz then tomorrow you might say ‚one game before I start is fine‘ and you all know how that ends. However Rule Number 1 is important, otherwise you will fall back into addiction. You need the dopamin rush of succeeding in what you are doing otherwise your cravings will be extremly high with the time. 

We must force ourselfs to be productive in some way for the whole day. At least for a few months until all this gets a habit AND makes fun. Meaningful things will always end up being more fun than wasting time on games etc.

Stay strong bro

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 9:30 PM, Lobares2 said:

I really feel like nearly all of us go through the same when starting a detox. Your post about wasting time reading news, even wikipedia. So relatable! And I read many people writing hear the same.

At a certain point I was happy about staying sober with so many things. But at the end I was just sitting on the chair thinking about stuff - even that was a way for me procrastinate. All this is wasted if you dont follow your actual goal. I mean all those things, stop gaming, stop watching netflix etc. all those things are only happening because we want to have time for fulfilling our goals. But if we dont do that - than most of the hustle was/is pointless. Therefore rule Number 1 must be: Do what you are supposed to do! BUT dont think you can fall back into your addiction after you did your daily job. Because if you start gaming after doing xyz then tomorrow you might say ‚one game before I start is fine‘ and you all know how that ends. However Rule Number 1 is important, otherwise you will fall back into addiction. You need the dopamin rush of succeeding in what you are doing otherwise your cravings will be extremly high with the time. 

We must force ourselfs to be productive in some way for the whole day. At least for a few months until all this gets a habit AND makes fun. Meaningful things will always end up being more fun than wasting time on games etc.

Stay strong bro

Day 0

Thanks

Honestly things haven't been going so well these past few weeks... I think I slipped back into some old habits and I realize just now how badly I want to get rid of this.

I'll update the rule on the first post for something more adequate for my recovery.

I'll try to post here more often, I've been avoiding this place more and more and that might have had an impact on me.

Edited by Lemynaded

Day 0.2

Welp, it is now 10 pm

I guess that means it'll be day 01 in 12 hours, since I restarted at 11 am

Worked a bunch today, and that makes me happy. Didn't break the rules, and honestly that's good, since it's usually more difficult during the weekend.

Bored as hell though, but that was also the case two months ago when I first started this challenge so I guess it's to be expected for a time.

good night now

Day 1

It's day 01! Haven't been on day 1 for a while now so that makes me happy. Feels good to stick to something, it tends to hurt when you give yourself an objective just to end up betraying your expectations by doing the thing you weren't suppose to do. It kinda... makes it hard to appreciate yourself.

So yeah, hurray! Day 01

Still bored, guess I'll have to learn to live with that again. I'll try to just... I dunno... concentrate on the things I can do right now or something

Toodles

Day 1.1

Welp, it'll be day 2 in something like...  four hours and thirty minutes. That's nice!

I didn't have a lot of sleep... was busy working on a late night project due for, well... now. I feel like I did ok, but I guess we'll see what 3 am me did and how badly he messed up if he did (was that even a sentence? I dunno anymore...)

You know... I really strive to do more... which is just a fancy way of saying I wish I could work more...

Like drawing! Everyday I am like, alright, tonight, I am taking 1 or 2 hours of my time to draw! Let's do this! And I've been telling myself that for like 2 years... I haven't drawn a single time.

Maybe the problem is that ''tonight'' bit, I dunno

But I am in a good mood I promise (Promise ye hear?) Finished some work, used a part of Maya I never used before and the result... well it looks alright, I haven't done a lot of texturing so the result is still rough but it looks like whats it's suppose to look like.

So toodle, I'll be posting something else later tonight