NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

I usually sleep like a snorlax so this is a bit annoying.

I love this metaphor!

Maybe you're not sleeping well because of coming exams? When I abstain from games, I feel calm during every exam. That's probably because I'm working on my confidence and broaden my comfort zone. That's important, because when you're less stressed you can just fall asleep at the end of the exhausting day.

Hello!

Today was a good day! I was finally able to sleep 9+ hours which was great. It's mostly been studying today, but we also worked on our business project. We were able to come up with a new idea that is likely to be a hit! ^_^ There is plenty of work to be done but I'm positive we can pull it off. Our team matches well.

I've been progressing on my goals well lately. I'm giving a big credit to visualization for having a clearer image of what I want. I'll have time to ramble about my goals later. Now I need a good sleep to pull tomorrow's examinations off.

The best moment of the day was coming up with a new business idea. We were brainstorming and the idea popped to my head like in association. Giving credits to Mr. Napoleon Hill.

I usually sleep like a snorlax so this is a bit annoying.

I love this metaphor!

Maybe you're not sleeping well because of coming exams? When I abstain from games, I feel calm during every exam. That's probably because I'm working on my confidence and broaden my comfort zone. That's important, because when you're less stressed you can just fall asleep at the end of the exhausting day.

I'm sure it has something to do with exams. I'm not a person to stress too much about them, but there will always be stress included in examination week. Great job on improving your comfort zone! I'll be working on that regarding some of my goals as well

Today I'm grateful for:

• Broccoli
  • Oven cooked chicken
  • Notes to guide my studying
  • Weekend to wind off from schoolwork
  • Shorter hair, it takes 20 seconds to dry

Gawd. You're rite. Fucking selenium.

It's a good think you've pointed that out because I intended to eat them semi-regularly (they're great for a low carb diet). I suppose they'll end up as a rare snack thingy now. Rest in rip x(.

Being thankful for broccoli may sound off, but it's a glorious vegetable indeed. Especially bought fresh and then baked in coconut oil with some spices and onion.

Hello!

Today's exams went good albeit the driver's license one in which I made 1 mistake too much. Well I take responsibility for leaving too much reading to yesterday evening. It's not the end of the world though. Feeling a little annoyed I decided to talk about it with my friend. Joking about the exam made me feel way better.

I have a few unpleasant cramps in my back currently. I need to make sure I stretch well enough to take care of possible future ones.

I noticed having a lot of negative self-talk running in my head. I wrote up what i was thinking. When the ideas were tangible on the paper I was able to realize how unrealistic they were.

Amazing how much sleep helps.

That is so true! Making sure I have enough sleep every night should be of high priority.

Gawd. You're rite. Fucking selenium.

It's a good think you've pointed that out because I intended to eat them semi-regularly (they're great for a low carb diet). I suppose they'll end up as a rare snack thingy now. Rest in rip x(.

Being thankful for broccoli may sound off, but it's a glorious vegetable indeed. Especially bought fresh and then baked in coconut oil with some spices and onion.

Your diet sound Great! What kind of are you on atm?

The best thing that happened today was getting pranked by Abiturients. Nothing bad happened and we just laughed to it afterwards.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Backrubs
  • My friend who is celebrating her birthday tomorrow
  • Funny commercials
  • Snow on top of trees
  • Walks

Hello!

I missed yesterday's post due to my friends birthday. The party was great and we had plenty of fun. Today has not been so great of a day. I felt anxious and worse than I feel usually. It sure has to do with hangover and sleep deprivation. I'll think about everything once I've fixed them. I know that everything seems way less hopeful when you have those conditions on you.

There was a lot of good in this day too. I was able to finally arrange a meeting with the buyer for my old PC which is great. I had awesome time in the morning talking to a couple of my friends and drinking tea. The best moment of the day was talking to my friend about relationships. We were able to help each other out by sharing our feelings.

I'm thinking that I should skip drinking in some of my friends' birthdays. I'm sure I'm able to handle my drunk friends at times. I don't feel like the aftereffects are necessarily worth it. Not in every situation to say the least.

I feel like I need to just push through and do what I know will help me move forward.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having friends to talk to
  • Sleeping in my own bed
  • to have my computer sold tomorrow
  • Being way more energetic tomorrow
  • Understanding what creates my well-being

Good night friends!

I'm thinking that I should skip drinking in some of my friends' birthdays. I'm sure I'm able to handle my drunk friends at times. I don't feel like the aftereffects are necessarily worth it. Not in every situation to say the least.

Sure, give it a try! I did and I am growing to like being sober all the time. Even in situations where I would drink as a given, like the last metal concert I went to, I have much more fun than expected. I love these little experiments.

Edited by Tom

Hello!

Today was a good day! I finally sold my computer. This will literally mark the end for my gaming. The computer that once entertained me will now help be get towards the InterRail trip for example. It feels weird not having it around anymore, but I'll get used to it in no time.

Suddenly I feel like there are so many tasks that require completing. Remembering to manage them day by day helps me stay more focused. It's but a week and we'll have a new phase and shortly after that a vacation as well.

Having much happening around I've got to say that there has been little time for reflection and reading. Time to rest and refocus is important. I feel like there is more time for that after this week.

The best thing that happened today was going to a restaurant to celebrate a birthday with two friends of mine. The atmosphere seems a little still but we had great fun! ^_^

20160215_132339.thumb.jpg.f7bc1c0b21cd44

Sure, give it a try! I did and I am growing to like being sober all the time. Even in situations where I would drink as a given, like the last metal concert I went to, I have much more fun than expected. I love these little experiments.

Thanks man! I'll surely give it a shot

Today I'm grateful for:

• Making it to the bus
  • Thai Chili sauce
  • Time to sleep late tomorrow
  • Cross country skiing
  • The sun

Hello!

I missed some of my regular habits due to dance rehearsals. Not training today I had time to clean my place up, do a good reflection and read, which was great! The best thing that happened today was acing the dance performance. I have an interesting thing going on, I'll get to know the results on Friday. I'm sure I'll talk about them later on.

I'm currently feeling good. Most of my habits are still in place although some have had to stand aside for other more important work. I feel like I'm making steady progress towards my goals which is the most important thing. I'm quite satisfied with the way life is rolling currently, but I don't by any means want that to prevent me from moving towards a better life. Like the Slight Edge described I want and need to continue to make the good decisions in order to not find myself from the bottom of the course.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Reserving my suit before it was too late
  • Escalloped macaroni, the Finnish Mac'n cheese
  • Umbro's socks
  • Nice conversation about nuts
  • My exams going well
  • Meditation, It has felt a lot better recently

Hello!

Today was a great day! I didn't feel like having too many things to handle today but was productive overall. Today was the last training before the actual prom. We did just enough mistakes so that I'm sure the prom will go great. Looking forward to it!

Today I met my friends in our neighborhood's congregation's house. There are awesome, socially skilled people, but sometimes scholasticism feels disturbing to me. It was great to see my friends though!

I thought about how could I improve my social skills. I came up with an idea to continue with challenges that support the idea of listening. It's easy to have a conversation with some people, but with some people the conversation feels a bit unnatural. My idea for becoming better at this is to try the Fake It till You Make It-strategy. I'm using it since I've heard that most of the people are actually unaccurate at assessing their own social skills. So trying to copy for example my uncle Paul or the Wolf from Pulp Fiction sounds like a plan. I think I'm going to try Paul out first since he is a bit more tangible. ^_^ Also working on eye contact, socializing mindset, reacting and showing interest in other would be great!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Writing my post earlier than usual
  • This week's irregular schedule
  • Bananas for keeping me alive
  • Coming up with a ridiculously epic solo with my friend, If I get it on tape I'll post it for Sure!
  • Full milk, I feel like there is only positives compared to regular milk

Hello!

Tomorrow is the Prom day! Holy hell, is it going to be great! I'm very pumped for tomorrow.

This morning I felt sloppy and lethargic for some reason. I decided to go to gym since I had a few spare hours due to the Abiturients' celebration. It was the best decision I made today. Doing some light squats, bench etc left me feeling way better and it has been going on the whole day. Coming home I listened to the Mating Grounds podcast's Helping Joe ep. 7 which was awesome. It helped me understand how to notice deeper emotional schemas. And in the evening I hung out with my friends. An awesome day, credits to compound exercises!

I kind of summed it all up in one messy paragraph, well it'll do for now since I need to prepare for tomorrow. I'm probably going to miss tomorrows post due to prom. Have a nice Friday!

The best thing that happened today was going out with my friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Feeling excited
  • Growth
  • Mind and body's cool connection
  • My weight showing indications of growth
  • Cool conversation with a guy at the gym

Hello! Just a quick story from last night. (*NSFW* I guess)

Similarly to a week earlier I woke up in the middle of the morning. After rolling around, drinking milk, reading and writing for two hours I noticed that I won't sleep unless I do something different than I did last time. After thinking for a while I started to think about NoFap. Reading couple articles that provided that your body will release pro-sleep hormones I decided it's worth to give it a shot even though it will intervene my experiment. (I was testing 10,20 and 30 day streaks and this was day 28 for the 30 day streak) I'm very glad that I did since shortly after I was able to easily fall asleep unlike in those previous hours.

I have a feeling that when on NoFap your body builds tension and that tension combined with stress of for example an important exam or a big event easily affects my sleep. I'm still not sure what NoFap actually does, but after masturbating I was struck with a feeling that "Ooh, I'm going to magically become unsocial, unattractive and fail at life.". It was shame really and I feel like that is a big danger sign. I didn't want those feelings to ruin the prom day. After just accepting those feelings as feelings I got sleep and managed to have double what I'd have had last night. It makes me think that I'm not yet done with NoFap. Well I'm going to see how I will adapt with this new information I have. I'll have some interesting statistics to provide you. :P

Okay I'm feeling good this morning and it's time to start my morning routine once again! @Cam Adair Thanks man! I'll make sure to have the most fun possible!

This morning I'm grateful for:

• Waking up listening to Earth Wind and Fire
  • Having plenty of time this morning
  • Having time to take naps throughout the day

Hello! I own NoFap an apology. It was childish of me to blame it for my personal problems. I was thinking about it so much that I couldn't see that the reason I was not doing great was the chains of habit beforehand. For example BJJ, I was afraid that I'll get a black eye or twist an ankle that I didn't train. My sleeping routines weren't ideal either. No collapse should happen suddenly, I know that. I'm taking responsibility for my actions, knowing that I let fear and laziness have a big part on them. I failed, it's okay, I learned from it. Now I'm off to afterparty, going to celebrate the many things that went well today! I'm going to construct this better when I have more time. Have a nice Friday night!

Hello!

Plenty of thinking today. The day has been naturally filled with tiredness and slight anxiety. There has been good time to think about what's up with my life. Though making judgements when tired is usually quite deceptive. I used my time for reading, eating and planning my vacation with friends so this day was actually efficient. The best thing that happened today was going out with my friends. It made the day a lot fresher.

I read an article today in which the modern way of thinking was reviewed. The article suggested that the problem with modern day's logical thinking is that it works by cutting the thought process into small bits and working on them the fastest and most efficient way possible. The article contained quite a logical evidence how it is sometimes better to leave processing of the thought to deeper, non-conscious parts of the brain. It might well be that I too, am trying to solve the challenges I face as fast as possible to get the results the fastest way possible, without letting the problem sit and mature. Definitely an interesting article, I think I'll let my brain process it for a while. :P

One of the best ways I can support my quest to overcome some problems of mine is with is good sleep, nutrition, exercise and rest. Keeping them in check I already have a big part of my life on a steady foundation. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Hot chocolate
  • A warm felt jacket
  • There are pictures from yesterday where I don't have a horrible grin xD
  • Having time to rest today
  • Having better time for a regular schedule tomorrow
  • I had great fun yesterday!

I read an article today in which the modern way of thinking was reviewed. The article suggested that the problem with modern day's logical thinking is that it works by cutting the thought process into small bits and working on them the fastest and most efficient way possible. The article contained quite a logical evidence how it is sometimes better to leave processing of the thought to deeper, non-conscious parts of the brain.

I second this point of view. Can you post a link to the article?

One of the best ways I can support my quest to overcome some problems of mine is with is good sleep, nutrition, exercise and rest. Keeping them in check I already have a big part of my life on a steady foundation. 

Yes!

I read an article today in which the modern way of thinking was reviewed. The article suggested that the problem with modern day's logical thinking is that it works by cutting the thought process into small bits and working on them the fastest and most efficient way possible. The article contained quite a logical evidence how it is sometimes better to leave processing of the thought to deeper, non-conscious parts of the brain.

I second this point of view. Can you post a link to the article?

Yes!

It's in Finnish sadly, but there were these two books in the appendix:

Claxton GuyHare Brain, Tortoise Mind, Fourth Estate, 1998. 
Ackoff, Russell LGreenberg DanielTurning Learning Right Side Up, Wharton School Publishing, 2008.

Yes!

Yep! 100%. If I maintain that foundation I'm already 80% the way there for sure.

Hello!

A unique day. I spent most of my day working on my applications for summer jobs. They are turning good, but seem to take plenty of effort to complete. In the future using pomodoro-technique might be the best way. I'm going to sleep early today since we had two families with children visiting us. Even though I love playing with children it's sometimes a little wearing.

The best thing that happened today was playing the piano. A thing I'd like to learn is to accompany singing with simple chords and melody. A friend of mine can play a song straight out of his head with chords and all. I'd like to learn that, but I'll leave it behind for now since there is plenty of other stuff that needs to be worked at.

It seems like I'm becoming too emotionally invested in a relationship which I don't know whether it's one sided. I'm interested in a girl who happens to be a friend of mine. It wasn't when we met when I started feeling this way but after a while knowing each other. I guess the best way to scout the situation would be to intelligently bring the subject up in a conversation. I'm making it way harder than it is but I'm just not coming up with a solution and that is kind of draining. These are the things that I feel like need a good combination of thinking and especially action. Phew.

Today I'm grateful for:

• I can't be but grateful writing this entry listening to Chopin and eating Greek yoghurt
  • New phase, new people, new adventures
  • Having material to update my instagram account with. It's great to post a picture sometimes
  • Striped shirts
  • Finding an old pullover that is in good shape and fits me well

Great let's take a good rest and charge tomorrow fresh!

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I got great seats in my current courses. We visited a free consultant with my business crew. He helped us shape our business idea and guide us through the following steps. God bless Finland for providing support for beginners like us. The idea is good, but I'm not sure about the numbers yet. It's really hard to say since we have little experience in this field. Well everyone has to start somewhere.

The best thing today was breaking my bench press record!

I have been thinking about relationships and a Mating Grounds-podcast episode was able to give me a lot of insight in my situation.

Recently I have noticed that I'm being often distracted from my original tasks which makes it harder to efficiently complete them. I have to take this into notice and keep sufficient breaks to prevent me from getting distracted.

I'm going to read a bit of Think and Grow Rich and go to sleep.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finnish social security
  • Meeting friends of mine tomorrow who I haven't seen in a long time
  • Salty liquorice
  • Seeing new perspectives, It's always an eyeopening experience
  • Hummus

Hello!

Today was a good day. It seems like this phase is going to require more investment in studying than last one. Fair enough. I spent most of the day in school and getting more information about my job next summer. I'll see if I can get a security officer's license from this job so that I could use it in the future when seeking for a job. The best thing that happened today was the chat I had with my employer.

A short look into what's happening on my improvement side. I'm continuing to read Think and Grow Rich, which has proven to be an amazing book. I've got my sleep, nutrition and exercise in check, but there are many tasks that require to be completed, so I'm rather busy. Listening to MatingGrounds-podcast continues to help me learn more about relationships.

I've got an early morning tomorrow so I better go to sleep soon. I'll read and reflect a bit in my personal journal before going to sleep.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Gorgonzola & ham pasta
  • An experimental studying style introduced by my teacher
  • Being efficient
  • Having fun chatting in cafeteria
  • Flanel shirts

Hello!

Today was a good day! After school we set out to a bar to celebrate my friend's 18th birthday. It was great to celebrate it with her, since we've known each other since childhood. I was sad to skip an invitation to watch Deadpool, but I had to work on my applications, which I did. I'm rather confident about the one I'm going to present tomorrow. The best thing today was the conversations we had celebrating my friends birthday. The gym was also great, it was one of those days when squats feel light. :x

I have recently been thinking about doing some of the schoolwork independently, since I feel like I could use my time a lot better than we use in classes. It might affect my grade, but I'm not studying for a number. The only negative I came up with was the fact that there wouldn't be any friends around, which is a serious one. Oh well, I could see if this is worth trying.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Randomly checking a website which was looking for people to help in camps and noted it to my friend
  • A copy machine
  • Having a book by Kafka to read
  • Having kept my certificates of work and education in order
  • Walnuts