NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

I'm on a tight schedule so I'll need to make it quick. Thank you for your support, it matters a ton to me. The first day of getting back to usual work/school rhythm was like it usually is. It was fun being back and meeting the good old people there. The momentum for the common rhythm will form over time. Today was altogether a productive day. I was able to shorten my to do list with a solid tempo. The best thing that happened today was the conversation I had on a bus with a friend of mine.

Tomorrow I'm going to keep working on the projects I still have left and optimally try out catch wrestling.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The support from my family
  • Sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, cheap and healthy
  • Dancing was fun
  • Wool socks, it was -25° Celsius today
  • Having courses with great people

Hello!

Today was a good day! First week of school is over. Slowly getting back to study mode. We relaxed this friday evening in my friend's place. It was great! The best thing that happened today was dancing. I really enjoy it as an activity!

I'm currently tuning my goals. After finishing "Mate" I decided not to rush towards the next book (which will probably be the infamous Think and Grow Rich) but to reread and take concrete advantage of the advice in the book. It's tricky to create effective habits, but I'm sure I'll get more out of the book than if I would just move on to the next book.

Tomorrow is going to be big day in some regards, looking forward to it!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Raisins
  • Our tilestove
  • Spending the evening with friends
  • Waltz is fun to dance
  • Meeting a friend who is back from Thailand

Hello!

Big day today, It's my 18th birthday.^_^ In Finland I'm now legally considered as an adult, which means that I'm able to vote, drive and enter pubs. Naturally with freedom comes responsibility. There will be plenty of new interesting things to try out!

Despite my birthday I was able to go to the gym and maintain my habits well. I've been noticing some random angst recently, not completely sure what is causing it. I'm rereading parts of Carnegie's How to stop worrying and start living and Brown's Daring Greatly. I should not forget the foundation for healthy and positive way of living. A part of the angst is probably caused by thinking too much into the future. Keeping your focus on just the one current day tragically helps me in keeping everything tangible.

The best thing that happened today was laughing and doing some acrobatics with my sister!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Going to the pub with my old man
  • Deadlifts went a lot better today
  • The bovine and the garlic potatoes we cooked today
  • The face wash gel I got as a present, It will be extremely useful
  • Meeting my relatives tomorrow

Hello!

Today was an eventful day. We invited our relatives to a cup of coffee and spent a couple of hours with them. Got an adequate perfume as a gift which was awesome. I need to try it out carefully so that I won't attract too many women. :P I cleaned around a bit in the afternoon. As I was cleaning I thought about what should I do with my PC. It's a decent machine to be 3.5 years old. I'm probably not going make too big of a bucks out of it but the sooner I sell it the better. 

A subject that has recently caught my interest is Willpower. I could read the book Willpower Instinct To learn more about it. I notice that at the end of the day I'm naturally out of willpower. I'm just wondering whether deciding what to eat in the morning will really matter that much. Well you shouldn't definitely look down on the small decisions. Interesting topic, general knowledge would be beneficial.

I think it's time for me to try out a new weekly challenge. This weeks challenge touches social skills. Being a good listener is often said to be one of the most important factor in having good social skills. To improve I'm focusing this week on making sure I'm not interrupting anyone while he/she is speaking. In addition to this I'm going to pay even more attention to what he/she is saying. Also just for fun I'm going to include the no complaining-challenge.

The best thing that happened today writing on my personal journal. I made good progress.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Studying german in comprehensive school
  • Whitesnake, Here I go again
  • Great casual weekend
  • Living in a safe country
  • Planning a good schedule for tomorrow

Yo!

Today was good. Planning out the day beforehand was a great help. Got a lot of miscellaneous stuff handled and kept up with my habits.

I trained some BJJ today. I'm having hard with it since my training schedule hasn't been stable. To Improve my motivation and drive for the sport I'm going to put more focus on small wins and I'm going to try dark chocolate as a reward for completing a training. I'm not completely sure whether the chocolate will work as a reward but it's totally worth the shot!

I've noticed that if I plan only one day ahead my schedule will work out much better. There is always something spontaneous popping up, but If you just plan for the next 24 hours the executableness of the plan increases by a whole lot.

Plenty of activities happening today so I'm late on my sleep schedule. Now it's my time to get the 8+ hours.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Learning how to manage side-control and kimura armlock better 
  • Oven-cooked beets
  • My new phone has a working earplug hole, hallelujah
  • Classical music while reading and writing
  • Face cleaning cream I got as a present from my aunt, It's worked really great!

Oh yes and the positive moment. I really liked the conversation I had in the canteen, met some new people and strengthened my bonds with the people whom I already knew. The listening challenge is working out really well! :) 

hey SpiNips! Glad to see you're still kicking :)

I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday!

Yeah, the chocolate idea might work out! Be sure to try with other kind of rewards too!

Having a planning routine works wonders! One tool that I've been using lately is Dayboard. It's a chrome extension that asks you for 5 goals for the day. I'm loving that tool, to be honest, you should try it out!

Listening is a really important skill! Most people are constantly waiting for their time to speak, without listening to what others are saying. And it's very easy! Dale Carnegie spoke highly of it.

Hello!

A great day once again. Tried out a couple new things. I cooked together with my sister and we tried quinoa out. It seemed interesting and is definitely worth trying with other recipes. BJJ was also a lot of fun today. Celebrating the little wins actually helps by a ton. Stringing a couple of small wins together makes a great difference.

I feel like the atmosphere around was negative for some reason. Some people around me apparently hadn't had a good day. I tried being empathetic, since I know that everybody has those days sometimes. I just hope it doesn't last too long since too much whining sucks energy from each of us.

The best moment of the day was landing an armbar that I practiced a while ago with my friend. It was so satisfying to finally connect it.

Anyways I feel like I have a good drive, going forward. Plenty of activities coming along and that is great. Now I'm off to a doze to get that sufficient sleep.

hey SpiNips! Glad to see you're still kicking :)

I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday!

Yeah, the chocolate idea might work out! Be sure to try with other kind of rewards too!

Having a planning routine works wonders! One tool that I've been using lately is Dayboard. It's a chrome extension that asks you for 5 goals for the day. I'm loving that tool, to be honest, you should try it out!

Listening is a really important skill! Most people are constantly waiting for their time to speak, without listening to what others are saying. And it's very easy! Dale Carnegie spoke highly of it.

Thanks Man! I'll look into the dayboard extension. Reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" again would surely do no harm for me. Carnegie has sure caught some evergreen advice there.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being both Mr. Pavlov and his dog at the same time (okay that really sounds creepy)
  • Sparring with people of an equal skill today
  • My friend lending his copy of the Catcher In the Rye.
  • Carrots, good and easy way to add some kind of vegetables to your plate
  • Dishwashers

Hello!

Today was a social day! After school I hung out with my group of friends and ate some pizza. After that I went on to celebrate my friends 18th birthday to a nearby pub and had a real good time with him. All in all today wasn't on top of the health scale but working out in the morning balances the scale at least a little. I'm not going to feel too bad for not doing every habit, I had awesome time with friends and I celebrated one of my oldest friend's birthday.

The best moment of the day was dancing, once again. It's a great way to meet new girls and just have fun with them.

Today I'm grateful for:

• History, as it is so interesting
  • Softcare scent-remover, It works really well eliminating unwanted scents
  • Bananas
  • The temperatures are more humane currently
  • Stretching, keeping my body mobile

Hello!

Lately I've been feeling peculiar. At the same time feeling satisfied and dissatisfied with my life I guess. This feeling may arise simply from the fact that my schedule is different from what it was last year. I can't really get a grip of the meaning of this feeling. It might well be that it's just one of those feelings that arise some days and disappear the next ones. Anyhow I've been busy lately, had little time for anything else than my activities. I feel like I'd like to spend more time reflecting and reading, but on the other hand I feel like I want to just live my life while tuning the reading and reflecting section of my life down a little. 

Today was a solid day. Morning routine was as it usually is. School was great, once again really enjoyed the dancing/prom class. I missed my earlier plan because I took a little nap that ended up being a little bigger nap. I tried reflecting my feelings on my personal journal but couldn't write anything that made sense really, for now at least. I wrote about wanting to control your life. Making sure taking control of your life doesn't turn into senseless micromanaging. Well I'll sleep my night with these thoughts and see if they mature to any direction.

The best thing that happened today (besides dancing since it would probably be mentioned fairly often :P) was the good progress in mathematics today.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The Devil Went Down to Georgia, by Steve Ouimette
  • Salmon pasta
  • Face creams
  • Playing piano loud
  • Good conversation I had with my friend today
  • Our Economy class is interesting

Hello!

I missed my entry yesterday due to organizing a party with my friend. It was awesome! Many of our friends participated and we had great fun together. Today I've taken it a little easier.

The best thing that happened today was going to the cinema to se Tarantino's new movie the Hateful Eight.

I'll write more about the things I've come up with later since my bed looks very tempting at the moment

Today I'm grateful for:

• Writing myself a message while I was drunk, I was able to come up with an answer with the help of it
  • Having plenty of good books to read right now
  • Robert Schumann
  • Nothing broke yesterday
  • Reading through old notes my friends left me after a camp last summer

Hello!

Today has been a good solid day. Slept 11+ hours and took a nap. The sleep I borrowed Friday is mostly paid back. Today I have worked on school-related tasks and reading. A basic and productive day.

The best moment of the day was going to our grandmother for dinner. Great reindeer soup and an amazing cake with cinnamon cardamom cream on top.

There are a few things I noticed last Friday/Saturday. First of all I need to create distance to a person, just for the sake of both of us.  It feels hard making this decision but I feel like we'll both be better off this way. The second thing I noticed is that I found myself binding my self-worth to my weaknesses in some areas of my life. I wouldn't really say it's a perfectionism issue. I don't think that if I for example score better numbers in school I'll be better as a person. It's more about forgetting to accept your weaknesses and letting that negatively influence you. 

This week I improved my conversation skills by making sure I won't interrupt anyone talking and listen carefully to what he/she is saying. It worked out really well! There were so many times where not saying anything made the conversation a lot better. It has to be remembered that listening is not passive. Exactly the opposite. Being observant helps you contribute in group conversations as well. Altogether this weeks project was a success.

Better conversational skills are something that will help me with my goal of dating. I'm a real newbie in that area. There are traits I need to improve to be a better partner for sure, but at this point I feel like my biggest trouble is going forward from the initial getting to know each other phase. I'll give you an example: There is this one girl whom I've got to know with the dancing lessons. We've had fun together and it would be great to get to know her better. The problem is just that we share only this one class. Well that probably ain't "The Problem". It's just that I don't really know how to get to know non-guy people better. For guys it's pretty much just this "Hey you up for [football, a movie, BJJ, bar, adventure, trying out a new hobby, sauna]. Yeah, there are plenty of guys I haven't known before and in the evening we are all together naked drinking beer in sauna. I'm feeling this type of an approach wouldn't quite work with girls. Texting is also not my strongest point. I feel like I'm comfortable talking to people in person, but there is something (maybe fear/shame based) in texting. I don't know maybe it's just that I feel like I need to be interesting or entertaining, not just myself. Well, I'll be working on this.

A wall of text, well it happens.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Going to eat crackers, cheese and jam
  • Foo Fighters
  • Having time to reflect and write today
  • Having my energy directed in progress at the moment
  • Hot breads with cheese mustard and mettwurst
  • Going to a camp next weekend!

Hello!

Today was good. Pretty basic by means of productivity. I got all of my habits done and made some steady progress in schoolwork. I've caught a cold so I'm going to skip heavy exercise for a while. The best thing that happened today was the conversation I had while dining with my friends.

Thinks and Grow Rich is a great book. It's well written, has a clear point and humour. The lessons in this book are applicable to many areas of life, not just wealth. I'll keep on enjoying it!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Taking a walk and getting some motion today
  • Empiric evidence on Think and Grow Rich
  • Public transport
  • Understanding that people who you spend time with affect your life quite significantly
  • Spending family time

Hello!

Today was a good day with a lot of laughter. Still on a flu so I missed my BJJ exercise. I've had some weird short flus this winter but it seems to be quite normal since the people around and kortheo have mentioned it as well. Today I hung out with my friend after school. Pretty much a basic day once again, not too much happening by means of events. I'm currently on a bit of a dissatisfied mood. It's probably just missing my exercise and being a little sick. 

I thought about my ideas about relationships today. There are some ideas I'll need to write here, but I feel like today is not the day. Let's see if I'll have more energy to write tomorrow. Some random anxiety seems to accompany this day.

@Cam Adair Thanks! This journal is a great help in keeping me on the right track. I'll update it to my best capability.

The best thing that happened today (besides dancing) was seeing my friend.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Listening to podcasts on busses, It's awesome to learn while sitting in a car
  • Swing, It's great. Electro Swing is really cool too.
  • Writing an animal fairy tale, It's awesome to break the barriers of reality while writing
  • Robbie Williams, Angels! Damn it was awesome dancing to this song today
  • My mood is way better after doing this gratitude journal and listening to happy music

Hello!

Today was a great day! Had awesome time at school, after school I saw my friends I hadn't seen in a while and that was great. A really good day!

The best thing today was interacting with people. These people bring joy and happiness to my life.

I thought about relationships a while back now. I noticed that I'm overthinking about some things regarding relationships quite hard. Usually I end up having the best time when I keep my head on the present moment and stop worrying about "What-If"s. There is this one that I notice myself thinking sometimes; What if we decide to hang out with a girl and we end up having a boring time together. Why am I seeing it as "You are boring and unfunny, not ready for a relationship" instead of "I gave it my best, it's normal that people enjoy different things, there are plenty of other people to have great time with, The World is not going to end." Anyone gone through these kind of feelings? It's good to write them out.

Another thing I felt I'm perceiving wrong is this idea of mine, that you'd have to somehow be perfect before being able to have a relationship with somebody. For example  Once you're good enough you'll automatically find yourself in a relationship. Thinking this way only makes you feel like crap. And most of all it's not true, at least from how I see it. Thinking this way you'll just be focusing on what's bad on yourself instead of looking at all the good sides you have.

There is plenty of improvement to do that is for sure. Still identifying these things is a good step :^)

Today while I was talking to my friend we blew the dust away from the top of our old idea. It's been many months since we came upon it. It's about starting a business in summer. I've worked as a shopkeeper in a nearby marketplace and as I told my friend about it he was really exited. Soon he suggested that maybe we could open this little booth of ours next summer. I'm kind of itching to try it out, since it would surely be a precious experience. It's going to require a big investment though, especially in our time. It's also possible to make negative income while in this business. Well we'll have to think about it carefully. There sure are some lower risk options so we should surely check them out. If you have advice/opinions please leave them, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Tea, saving my throat today
  • Tango of tomorrow is going to be a blast
  • Having friends with entrepreneurial spirit
  • Feeling way more confident today
  • The cold is starting to slightly wear off
  • North Korea for inventing liquor that doesn't cause hangovers (Yeah right) :P 

Hello!

Today was a great day. Tango was really fun and we had interesting topics in history lecture. I also managed my money businesses in a bank. I opened an apartment savings account with a good interest and moved part of my current money resting from a .1% account into low risk approx. 4% share-account. It's a lot better than letting the money lose value due to inflation. 

The best thing today was dancing hands down. I just love it. I feel that I clicked quite well with this one girl.

Reading Napoleon Hill's book is a pleasure. He has made it clear that desiring something and believing you can achieve it is a key to success. A Great book!

I'm going to a camp for this weekend so I'll be back on Sunday. See you soon!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Making friends with the bank worker, he was a cool guy
  • Learning about the world wars. They sure have shaped the world we live in today.
  • U2 and Guns N' Roses
  • Being on time with my schedule
  • There's probably going to be pizza as an evening meal at the camp. the pizza just melts my heart!

Hello!

Back from the camp. We had great time there. It's time to get all the sleep back so that I'll be sharp and steady tomorrow. Today was a productive day. I managed to erase a task from my to do list. The task was putting my PC on sale. I made a good notification so let's hope somebody will buy it so that I I don't have to keep it laying in the corners anymore. The best thing that happened today was our dinner. We caught a pikeperch and decided to smoke it. It tasted delicious! :^)

Camps are always good for learning about social skills. This camp had some annoying situations where I felt like this friend of mine was being quite frustrating since he was a bit mocking towards others, but that was a great opportunity to show some resilience and learn to deal with situations like that.

I'm still a little ill, but actually starting to feel better now. I'm hoping to get back to the gym and BJJ next week!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Getting a task done
  • Having had amazing food at the camp
  • Getting to know people better
  • Clear goals, I know what I want
  • The feeling of enjoying life, I'm looking forward to every day

20160123_145048.thumb.jpg.ae5a72daefc4b0

Hello!

Today was a productive day. I unpacked my camp luggage, cleaned, read Think and Grow Rich and studied for my assessment task. Habits for today are checked. We cooked good food, Quinoa, brussels sprouts and chicken. Good day altogether.

The best moment of the day was joking with friends.

I'm currently flooded with many tasks so I'm having to focus more on them rather than my self-improvement/habit building. Still, maintaining my current habits will move me forward towards my goals. It's good to get these tasks done as well.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Darjeeling tea, milder black tea for today
  • Dusting my sheet, It's awesome to sleep in fresh sheets
  • Deriving rules which are very practical
  • Dire Straits, Great riffs
  • Denmark, Legos and Smørrebrød

Hello!

I updated my profile pic as you can probably see, I'm already liking this way more! Today has been quite a hassle with all these offers coming up from my computer. It looks like I managed to market it quite well. It's soon time to say goodbye to this mean machine. Plenty of good memories, but it's time to move on, There is NO other way.

Recently I've been kinda slacking with my habits especially my excercise. There are many reasons to it but it's most important to get back on track again. The goal is to go to the gym tomorrow and return to BJJ next week, since I have another camp coming up this week and it blocks my BJJ-excercise.

Currently I'm feeling that I'm cruising on my curve. It feels good for a while, but seeing it trend downwards sure doesn't. Keep my eyes on the target, goal in mind and not be afraid of changing. Easier said than done for sure, but a good philosophy.

Last week I had this weird idea. I've read great amounts of history recently. I came up with a thought of thinking yourself as a nation. Nations have to consistently keep getting better to maintain their wellbeing compared to others. Nations like Germany flourish because they have kept working on their own improvement ever since the World War II. It's also great to have strong friendly nations to support you when the times of hardships come by. Okay this is kinda far-fetched, I blame history. ^_^

Today's best moment was dancing tango. It is an intimate and a sharp dance.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Twilight, f.lux for android
  • My old computer still going strong
  • Thursday we have this theme day in school, where we dress in summer clothes in the middle of the winter. It's going to be epic!
  • Being early with my summerjob-applications this year
  • My new picture, The colours are more enjoyable