NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today has been pretty much studying, but that's the way it goes. Last exam is tomorrow. xD Today I've completed my habits and managed to do them efficiently. I got a new haircut which is a bit experimental, but it's good to try new things. It's great to have a barber you can trust. Over the years we've become good friends. The best thing that happened today was actually taking a new haircut while getting good information and opinions regarding my hair from my barber. I'm going to take a good sleep so I will be sharp tomorrow! 

I've been occupied recently, so there has been very little time to think about anything other than priorities. Having more social interaction is my go to after the semester ends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Eating chicken and vegetables. The paleo diet sounds really interesting
  • Meeting awesome people today while shopping for presents
  • Everyone is starting to wind down for Christmas
  • Liquorice, It tastes great
  • Finding mentors, It's great to get information and advice form them
  • Good history teachers, Pasi and Jarkko have left part of their rock solid interest in history in me

Hello!

First of all thanks for the support Joe, It is greatly appreciated! Today turned out to be a great day. I finished this semester strong and now I'm ready enjoy the heck out of my holidays. Today I've finally had some time to read others' journals, and that's been great. We went to do a little sparring with my friend, and we enjoyed ourselves. The best thing that happened today was either the time I spent with my friend or just generally enjoying connecting with people.

I feel like I currently need a little time to wind down from this semester. Aaand that's about it, Hope you have a good day!

Today I'm grateful for:

• My friend for being able to join me spontaneously
  • Peasoup, It tastes really good
  • Furry caps, They're warm and look sympathetic
  • Getting a cool idea for a photo
  • Magnesium supplements, no more cramps!

Hello!

It's getting late and I need sleep, so I'll make it quick this time!

Today was a good day. I managed to complete the habits I wanted. Writing a post on the Health&Relationships forum helped me to get my thought sorted out. The best thing that happened today was going to the semester's ending event. Plenty of very talented musicians there. Hugging and wishing Merry Christmas to my friends was awesome.

Try nuts and seeds. Plenty of good fats, magnesium and zinc.

Thanks for the suggestion! Nuts actually sound way more natural than supplements. They probably have other good nutrients packed in them as well. Do you have any suggestions for the sort of nuts?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Old clothes, You are able to notice that you've grown when you try to put on your old blouses
  • Getting invited to a badminton tournament. I love badminton as a sport. It's much easier than for instance tennis
  • The truffles my friend made, they were absolutely delicious
  • Going to a cabin tomorrow, It's going to be great!
  • The fact that creating gratitude journal was quick
  • Having history on the next phase! I'm already looking forward to WW's

Try nuts and seeds. Plenty of good fats, magnesium and zinc.

Thanks for the suggestion! Nuts actually sound way more natural than supplements. They probably have other good nutrients packed in them as well. Do you have any suggestions for the sort of nuts?

Seeds: sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, flax. Nuts: Brazil, almonds, cashew, pine. But really any seed or nut will contain quite a lot of micronutrients. Pick your favorites or mix them, follow your taste buds :)

Hello!

This weekend has sure been an eventful one! My friend's birthday celebration was pretty wild. There were few minor setbacks but overall we had a great time. Today I've been resting and clearing my head. The best thing that happened today was sharing a breakfast with my friends after the party.

Since it is Sunday I've been reflecting the past week. There are plenty of things that have worked out well, for instance my gym routine and exams. Next week I'm going to focus on having good social time and keeping up with my habits. Alex's no complaining challenge sounds interesting so I'll give it a shot as well! ^_^ At the beginning I'll try to go for a 10 day streak.

Nut Update: I bought Brazil nuts. They taste great! There is just a minor disadvantage to them. 100 grams of Brazil nuts contain approx 3800% of daily selenium recommendation. Eating too much of those nuts will cause a poisoning which causes (discoloration of the skin, deformation and loss of nails, reversible loss of hair (baldness), excessive tooth decay and discoloration, a garlic odor to the breath, weakness, lack of mental alertness, and listlessness.) So I might look for a more stable nut sort. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Meditation, today I noticed how much more calmly I'm able to deal with stress and anxiety. 7 days off of 90 days streak!
  • Smoked salmon, It's the greatest
  • Christmas tree since it brings with it a natural atmosphere
  • My phone for magically reviving itself
  • No one getting badly hurt yesterday

Hello!

Today has been a productive day. I've been anxious and stressed throughout the day. What's making me anxious is something I can't really affect anymore, but I'm not able to shake the anxiety just by accepting the fact. I'm glad there was a person who I could talk the thing through with. It helped immensely. Still feeling a bit anxious but it's a feeling I can just notice and live with until it passes by, which I know it will. I'm super glad that I didn't just stay home thinking. I was able to do my usual routine. Routines sure help with keeping oneself on the track.

The best thing today was the chat I had since it really lifted some weight off my shoulders.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Daring Greatly, which helped me understand how important it is to talk to people about problems/feelings
  • Getting all the Christmas shopping done
  • Following others and getting my Steam, Origin and Battle.net accounts deleted. This is pretty much the last nail to the coffin
  • Cam's Think and Grow Rich chapter recommendation
  • HIIT jogging today

Hello!

Today has been great on it's own way! I woke up feeling a bit dizzy. Noticed that I have a little fever, It's probably due to the sprints I did in too cold air yesterday. I managed to do most of my habits. Passed cold shower for the day though. I decided that now would be a good time to learn from the good ol' fella, Ignatius Loyola. He was shot with a cannonball to the leg around 14th century, but spent his time on hospital and getting better by reading books. He ended up being a significant man so I'll follow in his footsteps.

I wrote a letter to Brené Brown thanking her for her book. I just had to do it since it helped me to initiate a very vulnerable conversation today. The result was so relieving I had no other option but to thank her. For anybody who hasn't read that book I highly recommend it. It has really changed the way I see human connection.

I got a spontaneous idea today. What if I could work abroad this summer? I started doing some research and it seems like for example working in Sweden could be possible. No doubt, I'm going to sing in to the program and make the best swedish CV I can. It would be awesome to learn a new language, get more work experience and connect with new people. There are dozens if not hundreds of meetups around Stockholm.

The best thing that happened today was the vulnerable talk. Being open with the right people just terminates the shame and anxiety.

Today I'm grateful for:

• My sister's birthday, we dined and watched a movie together
  • Honey, It makes a great tea
  • Feelings, they make us human after all
  • Grace Muesli, the perfect mix
  • Ted Ed, a great little channel

Hello!

I've spent most of today resting and reading. Hoping to get a little better for Christmas. I've adapted to the current situation and adjusted my habits. That actually brings me to another point. I feel like my habits are currently messy, which is not good at all. I've not defined them to be absolutely exact. It's a big part of the reason why I sometimes end up slipping with them. The importance of good habits has been adduced in nearly all of the self-help books I've read. That is something I definitely will work on.

The best part of today was either reading or watching Arman Alizad's series about developing countries and poverty. It's an amazing series! I hope it has been translated to english. Arman is doing a good job showing that taking this life in a country which is doing well should not be taken for granted.

What I could have done to make today better:

• Eaten a little more
  • Rested in a better posture

What I will do differently tomorrow:

• Put more thought on my routines
  • Try to have a more time off-screen

What went well today:

• Made good progress with the book I'm currently reading
  • Taking it slow enough. Making sure I don't prolong being sick

Today I'm grateful for:

• The whole house is clean and ready for Christmas
  • Stretching, helped me not to be totally stagnant today
  • Walnuts, They seem to be a balanced sort of nuts
  • Downhill skiing
  • Meeting a friend I made last summer while working

Hello!

I've spent most of today resting and reading. Hoping to get a little better for Christmas. I've adapted to the current situation and adjusted my habits. That actually brings me to another point. I feel like my habits are currently messy, which is not good at all. I've not defined them to be absolutely exact. It's a big part of the reason why I sometimes end up slipping with them. The importance of good habits has been adduced in nearly all of the self-help books I've read. That is something I definitely will work on.

The best part of today was either reading or watching Arman Alizad's series about developing countries and poverty. It's an amazing series! I hope it has been translated to english. Arman is doing a good job showing that taking this life in a country which is doing well should not be taken for granted.

• Eaten a little more
  • Rested in a better posture

• Put more thought on my routines
  • Try to have a more time off-screen

What went well today:

• Made good progress with the book I'm currently reading
  • Taking it slow enough. Making sure I don't prolong being sick

Today I'm grateful for:

• The whole house is clean and ready for Christmas
  • Stretching, helped me not to be totally stagnant today
  • Walnuts, They seem to be a balanced sort of nuts
  • Downhill skiing
  • Meeting a friend I made last summer while working

5 Minute Journal? :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

What a lovely day it has been. We have eaten well and had fun together with my family. Good and traditional Christmastime. We've spent most of the day hassling with foods presents and such. The eve turned out to be great! My thoughts have been focused on celebrating and having fun, so not too much goal time today. The best thing today was chatting with Paul. He told stories about his adventures with Sicilian mafia, Nazis and the British Air Force. It's amazing to hear in what kind of situations he has been in.

• Today was a fairly consistent day, nothing too major

• Focus more on my routines

What went well today:

• Feeling better
  • We had great fun together
  • It was awesome to see that our gifts were appreciated
  • Ate really well today

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having good conversations
  • Eating traditional finnish Christmas food which is healthy
  • I'm not so sick anymore
  • Giving and getting presents
  • Spending time with a dog today

Today has been a good day for my library as well. It currently looks like this:Kirjoja.thumb.jpg.dffa5865bbb33016704e29

Kortheo - Haven't checked that one out before. Maybe I could mimic his idea a little :^)

Happy Holidays!

Hello!

Today I have been more organized. It's partly due to the fact that I'm feeling much better. Today I have thought about my habits and figured out it's better for me to opt for something that is small, tangible and well defined. For example organizing my old papers and shelves 10 minutes a day in order to get them cleaned up this break. 

For some reason there has been a sloppy feeling to this day. I've been stagnant for a while. It's good to get the ball rolling again. I'm going to do it by adding sports back to my menu and focusing on eating properly after all this Christmas sugar.

The best thing that happened today was managing to get some clarity about the habits and also talking with Paul once again. This time we talked about how he almost got shot in Russia, ratios of strength in arms in Europe and China's human score credit system.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Creme Brule
  • Getting good exercise in the spoken word
  • Being surrounded by polite people
  • Russian Borscht, beet soup with sour cream
  • Going to meet other relatives tomorrow

• Eaten less sugar

• Eat better
  • Do some light exercise

What went well today:

• Interesting conversations
  • Tidying up

Hello!

I've spent the Boxing day by my relative's place. It's been awesome, good food and a sauna. Currently I'm feeling bit annoyed. Maybe it's just me resisting the thought of missing my traditional routines due to all the Christmas events. I know for sure that beating myself/giving unnecessary thought to those feelings is a waste of time. I should just enjoy the moment. There will be place and time for these things when the routineish life starts once again.

I started thinking that in the future I'd like to live somewhere where there would be more sun-time. It would be great to at least try to live in a different kind of environment. Maybe middle Europe in for example Austria, Switzerland or France.

The most amazing thing that happened today was the feast that was waiting for us when we arrived to our grandmothers house. 2 tables full of awesome tasting dishes

Today I'm grateful for:

• Bathing in a lakeside sauna
  • Karelian stew, Basically an amazing meat stew
  • Spending some cousin time
  • The Beatles is now on Spotify
  • Karelian pasty, a thin rye crust filled with rice porridge 

• Focused on being more social, initiating conversations more actively and being more present

• Focus on being more present in life in general, focus on the people around me and giving some peace for goals and habits
  • Maybe adjust my journal style once again, I feel like it need a bit more tuning to make it fit for me :^)

I'm of the belief that two of the best things you can ever do for your personal growth are:

1. Move out of your parents home
2. Move out of your hometown (bonus if it's your home country)

It will be exciting to follow your journey as you look into a new place to live. Patience is key, but it's a step that can change your life in all the best ways.

Hello!

Today was a fun day. I spent my day enjoying the vacation with my relatives. At this point I feel like I need to jot down words and thoughts in my personal journal to get clarity of where I'm going. I'm glad there are plenty of things that I need to do this vacation so passivity won't be a problem. The new years eve is just around the corner as well. I need to start preparing!

The best thing that happened today was making a tiny basket out of grass and reed. After watching PrimitiveTechnology's Youtube channel I wanted to try craft something as well. It was fun and relaxing

Cam - For sure. Those events lie in the future a while now. Also I've noticed that traveling gives you perspective, seeing the differences in culture, wealth and the standard of living. InterRail is my traveling goal for the summer of 2017.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The amazing crafts my grandmother is able to make, shows how sharp she still is
  • Plough/Big Dipper, the stars were really clear today.
  • Sleeping really well
  • Taking some cool pictures today
  • Game Quitters meetups popping up, It's always great to see more action in this community

• Focused on being less in front of the screen once again today. I probably should look for other interesting stuff here

20151227_131210.thumb.jpg.7073dc36dca0d1

Here's a quick picture I took while outside. Getting some much wanted sunshine!

Hello!

Today was mostly traveling back to our place. An okay day altogether. I'm currently feeling good but a bit lost. I'm doing pretty good but currently my goals are like many pairs of headphones, just too mixed up. I dislike the idea of life being completely organized, but being all over the place is not good either. I guess I'm trying to find the balance between manuscript and improv in my life. Not necessarily a complete turn in my life, but instead a little calibrating.

How I'm going to work towards this goal? Well that's work in progress. I'm starting out by cleaning everything out, sticking to my effective habits and reflecting my habits and goals in either this or my personal journal. Getting a good clean objective look at things and moving on from there. 

That's it for the day. I'm going to get a good sleep.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Going to try out Catan with my friends
  • Listening to Shrek soundtrack
  • Quentin Tarantino
  • Spanish music
  • Heaters, Otherwise we'd freeze out here

Hello!

Today has been a great and productive day. I've spent nearly the whole day socializing with my friends. We made good progress planning the upcoming birthday party. After a while of not seeing your friends it feels great connecting with them.

Hands down the best thing today was going to sauna and watching Sharknado 2 with my friends. That kind of stuff brings us closer as a group.

I decided to move on the basement for a while, since there might be some impurity in the air of my bedroom. At least we'll see if there is anything causing me respiratory issues. It's cool to live down here for a while.

What are you main goals for 2016?

That's a great question Cam, I'm still figuring those out myself. For what I can think now I'd say at least from the mating perspective would be increasing my mate value and striving for a medium-term relationship. I'm putting effort in defining my goals but the deadline for me is more the seventh of January since that is when I'm back to studying. Don't worry, I will announce them once they are ready.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Filmmakers for making bad movies
  • Bananas
  • Fudge my friend's sister made
  • Clean and fresh sheets
  • Fireplaces