NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

I got sick yesterday so I missed a meet with an interesting person. Well that happens, feeling better now. Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate my friends birthday. The best moment of today was studying physics and getting physically better.

I feel like I've recovered pretty well from the load of work, I'm kind of missing the steady training and work. That has to wait for a while though; I'm traveling to Thailand next saturday and probably leaving the studying back here. 

I'm feeling a bit tired so I'm going to take a good rest now. Good night, sleep tight fellow Gamequitters!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Broccoli, lentils and bacon
  • Good books
  • Playing the piano
  • Learning about index funds
  • A good family

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm back from Thailand. It was a great trip! Today I've been studying, playing some chess and resting. The best moment of today was hanging with my friend Teemu and getting a pleasant surprise regarding the upcoming year.

Overall life is going well. I've got pretty steady assets and plans going forward. Now I'm feeling a bit bored; my mind wants to do, but my body is exhausted after yesterdays training. Maybe I'll refine my values to my new personal journal.

I received good grades from the final exams and it seems like I could receive an automatic right to study at the university I'm applying to.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Frankl's Man's search for meaning
  • Friends
  • Humor
  • How polite and social Thais are
  • Being home after a long journey

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. I've got a new haircut, visited an activity center nearby and trained Bjj. My hand is currently a bit injured so no rolling for now. I'm feeling a bit tired and blue for the time being. The rest of the week looks busy and I've plenty of work to clean the house before the celebration for schools' ending. The best moment of today was refreshing my old gymnastic memories on trampoline; I did a couple of doubles and some fast twist-flips.

Hello, buddy!

I see that you're journal will be probably the first one that will hit 100 pages! WooHoo!

That's serious consistency in writing I'm even jealous about a little bit :$

However, I'm glad it works for you. Btw. How long are you game free?

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Heya!

Well recently I've not been as consistent with the consistency regarding these journals. Otherwise I'm going pretty steady with my routines. For now I've been game free for 702 days! :) Certainly going forward game free.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Learning physical skills – It is and feels such a natural thing to do. Good balance for mathematics, philosophy and psych.
  • A good game of chess with my teacher
  • Trying out a new haircut; we'll see how it turns out in a couple of days as my hair curls a bit
  • Not having to worry about famine
  • Internet for teaching me English throughout my life

Hello!

Today has been a great day. I've been cleaning, playing volleyball and reflecting some goals and other thoughts. The best moments of today were moments when I felt the progression on volleyball: some nice blocks and plays. Writing my goals was also very enjoyable.

Today I'm grateful for:

• A great essay my sister wrote - I didn't know she was that good with the words
  • Writing my goals out
  • Sports
  • Naan bread – It's lovely
  • Going on a nostalgic trip to a nearby island tomorrow

Hello!

Today was a fun day. I visited a nearby island together with my friends and it was a lot of fun. The summer is beginning as usual: 5 degrees Celsius and a few hailstorms. After visiting the island I've been training Bjj and cleaning. The best moment of today was being with my friends and landing a new type of straight ankle lock.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finding some cool and not so touristy places to travel to
  • Meeting my age group from school tomorrow
  • Receiving a place to study in Uni
  • Rock and roll
  • Great performances today

• 4 weeks later...

Closure is a beautiful thing.

Day 735 -- two years into the journey.  My life is taking new turns. This new beginning inevitably means the closure of the previous one. My military service is starting tomorrow and I'll be spending the next year there. Afterwards I'm heading to Helsinki's Aalto-university. Now it is the time to give my journal a well deserved rest.

During these two years of journaling I've grown towards being an adult. Scrolling through my old adolescent posts it's good to notice that life has worked out fine. Gaming feels distant in the past. I'm pretty sure that the old habits of gaming are still stored in my brain. I will need to be vigilant and make sure I won't use gaming or necessarily any other kind of numbing to deal with my problems. Anyhow no more thinking only about games when with friends, no more need to get home quick to play, no more skipping sleep to join the queue one more time.

This community has been a great help in improving one's life. Not just in regards to gaming, but life overall. An Awesome community that encourages people to become what they aspire to be. I can't but thank all of you for being part of this journey (namely @Cam Adair, @seriousjay, @Gorxen, @wookieshark88, @Rodrigo, @Neat, @asquerade, @kortheo, @Tom, @cordharel, @Phoenix, @Florian, @AlexTheGrape, @Ed, @Octsober, @Laney, @Django, @WorkInProgress, @Marquess, @hycniejsy, @Hitaru, @Dannigan, @Merdoc_Rowboat, @Mark, @Paul A., @Piotr, @notyung,, @dullage, @lilX, @usernameforworldpeace!, @Reno F, @Neat, @Robin, @Simon E, @Mettermrck, @happykhan, @Tatu92, @dandielionous, @Remigjus, @Simms, @Shine Magical, @Tom2 and @Stercus accidit)! xD

I might pop up checking what's up here in the community. Who knows what life brings with it. But for now: Thank you everybody! Godspeed to all of you improving your lives and kicking gaming's ass. If you think there is any way I can help you just hit me up. The private messages reach me so if you want to ask anything I'd be glad to share what I've learned.

Thank you! Anton signing out.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Checking in with the community. I've spent the last months in the military making new friends and learning new skills. It's been demanding both mentally and physically, but overall I'm doing fine and enjoying my time there. Since the daily schedule is rather fixed I have had to adapt to one with less freedom. Leaving my old life, hobbies and friends behind feels wistful at times, but that's life I guess. Still doing good: having a good time and enjoying life. Cheers, strength with quitting games and improving your lives!

The best moment of today was meeting friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah
  • Rest and food
  • Friends
  • Empathy and the ability to listen
  • Late summer forest

Hello!

Checking in with the community. I've spent the last months in the military making new friends and learning new skills. It's been demanding both mentally and physically, but overall I'm doing fine and enjoying my time there. Since the daily schedule is rather fixed I have had to adapt to one with less freedom. Leaving my old life, hobbies and friends behind feels wistful at times, but that's life I guess. Still doing good: having a good time and enjoying life. Cheers, strength with quitting games and improving your lives!

The best moment of today was meeting friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah
  • Rest and food
  • Friends
  • Empathy and the ability to listen
  • Late summer forest

*Jaw Drops*...I mean, you're doing good things SpiNips, welcome back!

Hello!

Another week, another adventure. The last seven days have been filled with plenty of education and sports. I caught a flu towards the end of the week and have been ill today. Maybe it's the arriving autumn, grey clouds and fallen leaves, or the flu that have made me feel blue. Additionally I've pondered some hard questions. There is always room to improve and facing these questions offer a chance to understand myself better. Sometimes the world feels darker than it actually is.

Reading journals has been inspiring as always. GameQuitters going strong as usual. :) I feel like working in a group is very helpful. I'll probably find new ways to think about my challenges reading and writing as well. It feels very weird to write an online journal after a while of not writing. :P

Well, It's time for some chilling time with friends now. Off to a little lighter themes.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Living in a peaceful region of the world
  • Finnish education
  • Reflective writing
  • Communities and friends
  • Having had the honor to meet awesome people

Hello!

This week has passed rather quickly. It has been filled with interesting activities and sports. The best moments of the week have been the times joking around with friends.

As I am spending my week on the barracks there is a slight void when I get back home for a weekend. As I shift back to home, some of the habits and structures that used to be part of my weekends are no longer there. That's something to think about. Maybe I should focus on organizing or joining some kind of social meet every Saturday. I think that would solve the problem quite easily. Today I've been reading, cooking and exercising.

I finished Charles Duhigg's The Power of Habit yesterday. It was a good read explaining science behind habits. Some chapters are a bit more anecdotal than scientific, but overall I enjoyed it. I remember it being insightful when I was first trying to break my gaming-related habits.

In any case some minor problems, a little confusion with everything new, but also good moments and lots of new interesting information and knowledge.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Low-intensity jogging, I used to run at high pace and only do short jogs, but taking it easier makes it much more fun, and you can do it longer!
  • Good and plentiful food
  • Having interesting books to read
  • Freedom
  • Learning what to focus on better with experience

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

The past two weeks have been fun. I've exercised a lot and had a good time with my friends. Today I've read, written and celebrated my friend's birthday. It was great to see people that are important and dear. It was also cool to go through everything that happened in Europe last summer.

I think I'm going through a bit similar thoughts as I read from @Simon E's journal today. Even though gaming is, at this moment, quite far behind I still feel like writing about one's quest in life and reading others' stories somehow helps. Maybe I should look for a company like this in the "real world" as well. Well there is time to think about this and other ideas --for now good night everybody!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Seeing dear friends
  • Having a punching bag home, helps to express some feelings :P
  • Last summer's travels
  • a Great Turkish barber
  • Accumulating wisdom and experience
  • Finding new books to read, If you've got recommendations I'd love to hear them