NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today has been a good day! I've taken some time off and relaxed after the busy week. I feel like the English exams didn't go as well as I expected them to. We'll have to wait and see. My friends and I watched the new X-men-movie Logan. It was quite well balanced, though I still prefer movies with more in-depth plot. But as I've watched every X-men movie so far this is no time to give up! The best moment of today was having and interesting conversation about cultures and traveling.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Camille Saint-Saëns, his music is very lively
  • Resting, it sure has brightened my mood
  • Beautiful weather today, maybe it could be possible to go tour skating tomorrow ^_^ 
  • Finding new goals

Hello!

Today has been a math-heavy day. I've studied for my finals pretty much the whole day. The best moment of today was hanging around with friends.

The last exam awaits day after tomorrow. Till then it's pretty much studying.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Avocados and Mangos
  • Swedish music cheering me up
  • Graphic calculators; I feel like I have an answer book with me in the exam
  • Seeing my sister after a while
  • Humans' adaptability, homeostasis and neuroplasticity

Hello!

Math finals up tomorrow! I've been studying lot and had plenty of fun with mathematics. I find studying maths a lot less straining than studying many other subjects. The best moment of today was joking around at a funny logics exercise.

I guess my summer holidays begin tomorrow. Phew, It's weird getting to this point.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finding mathematics interesting
  • Boxing sack
  • Taking it easier with Bjj this week to get more study time under my belt
  • Encouraging teachers
  • Final Finals Exam tomorrow

Hello!

Today was my last day of high school I guess. My last finals were maths and it went rather well. Feeling confident. I've spent the rest of the day relaxing, eating and seeing my friends. the best moment of today was going out to meet some friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Holidays beginning
  • Hospital neighbours
  • Time to focus on non-school subjects
  • Pretty good flow with mathematics today as well

Hello!

Today was a nice day. I've read, relaxed, worked and met my friends. It was awesome to get back to work after a while. Cycling in the sunny weather sparked my mood. The best moment of today was either reflecting, being with friends or working.

I got new ideas about what I want to study further on. I'm trending towards international business, which to me sounds exciting. We'll see I'll have to make a couple phone calls regarding it tomorrow.

All in all a good day.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Bulgakov's Master and Margarita; I've yet to drill deep into the book, but I'm digging it's theme plenty
  • Apparently doing better then I expected in Finnish and English exams
  • Planning meals beforehand; Increases the chance of actually cooking
  • Reflecting about my career choice
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival

Hello!

Today has been a nice day. I've rested, contemplated my further studies and worked. I feel like I need to take it a bit easier now just to make sure I'm able to heal from the stress and work I did during the finals. The best moment of today was having a good call with my Uncle Paul.

I've been pondering the choice between universities. Today I got awesome advice from two person I regard very successful. It wasn't what I first expected to hear but in the end it made a sense and I feel like I'm better off doing my choices now.

But for now resting is the best choice. Good Night, Sleep Tight!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finals, they were a good motivator to study
  • My Nishiki Bicycle has been serving me well
  • Being positively surprised after today's cooking
  • Hearing a workmate's story about his career
  • People to look up to

Hello!

I'm back from a voyage to Sweden. We senior students celebrated the end of high school together. Today I've been working on a spring cleaning and doing a rather long work day. The best moment of today was the feeling of having summer tires under my bike. It's like switching from crawling to running.

I've been more inactive in these forums than usual. It's partly due to the fact that I feel my posts getting repetitive and somewhat lacking of content. I will probably decrease the amount of posts here. Gaming was a hard addiction to beat, but now as my problems have progressed it's harder to fit them in this scene. I still feel like writing a post out here every once in a while is a good habit. It feels great to share stories of success and receive tips on how to get better.

For now I want my goals in check. The next couple of days are good for it. An unexpected event happened at my Bjj gym. There was apparently asbestosis somewhere and they've had to close for the time being. This is something I've got to figure out since Bjj is an essential pillar of my well-being. If it happens that the gym is closed for more than two weeks I could take up Thai boxing. If less than that gym would probably be all right as well.

Alongside Bjj I must work on maintaining healthy relationships. Having good time with friends is important. Now that most of my friends have excess time I can easily schedule something. Maybe a Catan/Dominion-night. Maybe bathing together in Sauna. Movies, Badminton, Chess, Football, playing music together; there are plenty of possibilities.

As I've now completed my studying goals for the finals there is also space for studying. I feel like studying the psych essentials could be a good start. I find psychology very interesting. Studying it would also be a great enhancement for my general knowledge. Another possible area which I'm looking forward to improve is my German. I'm going to InterRail next summer so being able to speak German with people would be awesome. I've studied it for 7 years, but have not used it in three. Maybe it's time to refresh those memories. As I've studied languages I feel like I've got a pretty good grasp on what is required to improve on them. The last subject is philosophy, but I feel that for now I'll let it rest a bit.

Aside those There are a few minor things to be worked at. And also taking it easy for I've worked hard the past three months.

It's surprisingly enjoyable to write this. GameQuitters-community is a great place to grow and open one's thoughts.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Summer Tires
  • How it stopped raining just when I got to work
  • Enjoying Bulgakov's Master and Margarita
  • Finding my inner nerd a bit recently
  • Meditation, made this morning very refreshing
  • Writing your thoughts out

Hello!

Today has been an okay day. I've got plenty of miscellaneous maintenance managed. I've cleaned, adjusted my bike and worked out. The best moment of today was being able to discharge my energy by doing sports.

I'm feeling I'm lacking direction at the moment. After the finals are over and Bjj is on a forced break I need to find new supplementary activities. Well I'm going to start studying German and psychology tomorrow and go to a nearby gym. It takes a bit of time to get adjusted to these changes. I don't still want to stop moving, because I feel like I function best when I'm engaged with my everyday. I even rest better when there are small goals to go after and create a sense of meaning. Time, effort and planning. That's the way forward for now.

Today I'm grateful for:

• AC/DC and Dire Straits
  • Contacting some friends I hadn't heard in ages
  • Being able to eat good food today
  • Hobbies and activities
  • Consolidating my further education plans
  • Getting a lot of necessary stuff handled

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've studied psych and German (boy is it rusty :P). I also trained Muay Thai for the first time which was fun. It's an agile and pleasant way to do sports. It's cool to try out different forms of martial arts as well. For the rest of the day I've managed some basic stuff, also checked the requirements for the uni I'm applying to. The requirements are high, but I'm hoping to match them. The best moment of today was meeting many friends at the gym.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Free food in school
  • Ted Gärdestad and chill acoustic music
  • Having looser schedule than now that finals are over; more time to focus on non-scholar aspects of life
  • Very cool people in the gym
  • Having practiced Gymnastics; Its an awesome base for every sport out there

Hello!

Today has been an okay day. I've studied maths, played volleyball and worked. I've been very physically active recently. It's good, but I feel my body is craving for some rest. Going to take the next few days a bit easier. Today I applied for university; at the moment I've got Aalto, a revered science university, on my scope. The best moment of today was dining with friends.

As plenty of goals got completed due to the end of the finals I've been hustling a bit with plenty of random stuff. I feel like I need to define my goals a bit more tomorrow. It's good to do a little check in with all that's going on.

Today I'm grateful for:

• U2, the Beatles, Eric Clapton
  • Being able to get all the sleep I want
  • Sour milk
  • Supportive teachers
  • Being able to take a day of if I prefer so

Hello!

Today was a great day. I've taken it easy, planned my upcoming two months, checking my overall goals and spent time with friends. The best moment of today was putting my goals, planned actions and schedule in line. It was also great to share moments with friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having looser schedule that allows time for friends and reflection
  • My knee getting better during the day
  • A Finnish series Madventures; probably something I could draw inspiration from
  • Food, sleep and friends
  • Jim Rohn

Hello!

Today was a good day. I worked during the day and met my friends in the evening. I thought that work was going to be rough, but it ended up being much better than I expected. The best moment of today was probably joking with friends and listening to classical music with my father.

Today I'm grateful for:

• A great weather
  • Knees taking the stress excellently
  • Vivaldi and Saint-Saëns
  • Plans
  • Friends

Hello!

A good day. I worked and cooked and planned the upcoming week. I've felt pretty tired recently. It's probably due to lots of physical work and somewhat random sleep schedule. I'm working on it. The best moment of today was dining with my family.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Plans of traveling becoming more and more concrete day by day
  • Muse
  • Scheduling
  • Reading about Vladimir Ilyitch Uljanov's story today
  • A chill shift

Hello!

Today was a good day! I studied physics, worked and finished Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita. The best moment of today was having a nice conversation with my employer.

I've been going through some messy relationship-related stuff today. It is draining but also very good to get over with.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Good avocados
  • Having many martial arts gyms around
  • Simon and Garfunkel
  • Having studied mathematics and physics
  • Rest

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Good old GameQuitters!

I've been living my life as usual. Spending time with my relatives, studying maths and physics and training martial arts. 

Today was a weird day. One of the reasons was having hard time deciding what to do with a problem regarding a relationship. It felt as if the problem was bothering me all day, but gladly it resolved while I talked about it with my family. I feel about 10 times lighter at the moment. It certainly was the best moment of today.

My plans are on the go as usual. There has been some inconsistency with my training because of the asbestosis case in my gym. As those problems are managed I'll be able to further consolidate my old habits.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Rest. It was smart to take this evening off and let my thoughts and emotions process
  • Talking about thoughts and feelings I find hard with trustworthy people. It helps a ton.
  • TED-talks I've listened to very interesting ones lately. Mostly about science, A.I and psych
  • The scent of spring
  • Growing wiser

Hello!

Today was a good day. After a weekend of resting mathematic and exercise felt refreshing and solid. This week is mostly studying, training and working until the weekend. The best moment of today was training Bjj.

Life is rolling well.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Full bicycle tires
  • Goodreads.com
  • Studying physics; The down to basics deduction is actually very useful at times
  • Finland for providing students with free education
  • How much internet speeds up otherwise tedious obligations like taxes

Hello!

I'm taking it a bit easier and charging some batteries for now. I've worked pretty hard and noticed that I need to rest properly. The best moment of today was dining with friends and listening to a gig at a nearby bar.

What is "resting mathematic"? Is it like mathematics for meditation?

xD I believe that it's a typo actually. After a weekend of resting, mathematics and exercise felt refreshing and solid. This is probably what it should look like. Although some pleasant function solving operations like infinite limes' or d/dx:ing functions are like mathematical meditation at times. Nice to see that you are still around here! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Resting
  • Socrates' advice: know thyself
  • My nearby congregation
  • Pleasant drive in the morning
  • Tortillas! 

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I'm feeling better regarding flu, so I've played volleyball and trained Muay Thai. It seems like sleeping in a too dry room increases the risk of catching a flu. Other than that I've been studying and managing some miscellaneous stuff. The best moment of today was playing volleyball. Teams were very equal and the games were solid.

At the moment I'm feeling a slight dissatisfaction with my life. I don't really know what's up. Maybe it's the current changes that are happening, which bring about turbulence with the everyday rhythm. Maybe it has something to do with goals and how I've felt the need to make more space for social areas and relationships. Or maybe it's just something else which I'll have to figure out later. Anyhow still going.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Sports and physical training
  • Finding a new book to read; It's E=mc^2 which is popularized history of the equation. Fits the need for a casual but interesting read very well!
  • Rest; makes life so much better
  • Nature; the feeling of wandering and sitting around a campfire for the night is awesome
  • It's not freezing anymore!

Hello!

Today was a nice day. I've studied, played volleyball and relaxed. The best moment of today was playing center.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Adlibris and Goodreads
  • Guns n' Roses
  • Beautiful weather today
  • Good food
  • The Moomin Characters

Hello!

A bit of evening reflection. Today was a nice day. I worked for 6 hours took a nap and met my friends. The best moment of today was making new friends and hanging out with the old ones.

I've gone through many kinds of feelings lately and still am. I haven't yet figured out completely what these feelings are about. I feel that I'm going to take it a bit easier; probably meaning that I'm going to ease on some of my planned routine and leave time for friends, enjoying life and taking a more harmonious approach. 

I once read a story about Dave Mustaine, Megadeth's guitarist, who even after accomplishing what most of us would consider outrageous success felt discontent. The source of his unhappiness was the fact that even the 50 million albums sold did not compare to the sales of the band he was once kicked out of, Metallica.

I've built a hefty image of what my goals are and who I'd like to be, but in some way I feel that they might be my Metallica. An image that I truly want yet in a way so far away that it sucks joy out living as imperfect human being, even though life offers so many wonders and unique experiences every day. That's why I'm going to take a bit distance from my goals, the oppressing schedule and feeling they bring with them. At least for a while, there will be time for more goal-oriented behaviour as well.

Explaining this is rather difficult. Anyways taking a bit easier, enjoying the good things that are and are to come.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Telegraph road, by Dire Straits
  • Great weather for cycling today
  • Figuring out how things work a to be engineer explained the mechanics of a gun today which was very interesting
  • Martial arts
  • Great people at work

Do not think about yourself as an underachiever. A path to a goal it is not as straightforward as it seems. It is not an exponential growth. Evaluation of your goals is a good step to be honest with yourself about what you really desire. Try to do things and make decisions that are related to your long term goals. The long term goals should define them. And remember that the price at the end isn't measured only by how hard we work. World would look differently if it was the only factor of how successful a person can be.

Hello!

Today I've rested. I've read, eaten a horse and reflected with flow. The best moment of today was dining with my friends and laughing at bad google translate translations. I've been a bit bored, but that's nice for a change. I feel like I've built up some energy and motivation to do things.

Do not think about yourself as an underachiever. A path to a goal it is not as straightforward as it seems. It is not an exponential growth. Evaluation of your goals is a good step to be honest with yourself about what you really desire. Try to do things and make decisions that are related to your long term goals. The long term goals should define them. And remember that the price at the end isn't measured only by how hard we work. World would look differently if it was the only factor of how successful a person can be.

Yeah, life truly isn't that straight forward, or maybe it's us humans that aren't. Thank you for your advice! What kind of books are you reading atm?

Today I'm grateful for:

• A beautiful sunset today, I should go take a walk with my friends some evening
  • Food; no explanations needed
  • Springtime
  • Getting better in regards to my flu
  • Learning new languages

Hello!

Today was a nice and laid back day. I studied some circuit calculations and played Catan with a Seafarers twist. The best moment of today was seeing my friends.

The rest of the week is looking pretty busy. I have some volleyball, studying, important meetings,a hiking trip and a flight scheduled. Looking forward to it now that I've rested a bit.

@Stercus accidit I've got to check out those sometime! Especially the minimalist podcast seems interesting.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The Seafarers expansion for Catan
  • A great nurse in our school
  • Interesting conversations about humanistic questions
  • Good health
  • Hobbies