NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a good day. I studied, trained and completed my basic habits. The best moments of today were stumbling upon my friend on a bus station and sparring in Bjj.

There has been a little anxiety and some annoyed feelings today, but the corrects stuff was done nevertheless.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Training often being worth it even though it feels unpleasant at first
  • Badass graphic calculators
  • Studying maths is up tomorrow, looking forward to it
  • Plenty of sleep due to a more flexible schedule
  • Philosophy – I learned about Rawls and Hegel today
  • A Balance between thinking and doing

Hello!

Today was a fun day. At the moment I'm tired and feel like I need to take a good rest. Today was a fun day. I've been studying for most of the day but in the evening I attended a surprise party for my grade school teacher. The best moment of today was playing football and dancing with old friends of mine.

I think that I'll leave reflecting to tomorrow since it's getting rather late.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Handbrake-turns
  • Free food at schools
  • Still being connected to the very awesome people I met in the beginning of my school journey
  • Having had to study hard subjects
  • Football, such a universal sport

Hello!

Today has been a nice day. I've been studying, playing volleyball and winding down a bit in the evening. The best moment of today was getting my essay writing going once again and writing on my personal journal.

I'm going forward with my habits as usual.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Empathy
  • Resting
  • Good books
  • Working hard
  • Queen and Paganini cheering me up today

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've studied, trained Bjj and met my relatives. The best moment of today was Bjj. I took a quick nap before practice and the sleep endowed me with plenty of energy. It was really like someone had pressed the sun button on Mac 8 times.

I'm going forward pretty steadily, a bit of headache. I hope sleep will do it's trick.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being able to construct my own schedule for this pre-exam holiday
  • Practicing martial arts
  • Gymnastic background – It sure was an awesome hobby as well
  • A book which consisted of short essays about famous people like Edison's, Ford's, Einstein's and Voltaire's biographies. Francois-Marie Arouet was definitely my favourite. I've always considered him as strongly opposing church but this essay gave me new insight into his life
  • The awesome sandwiches from our school's cafeteria – I'm entirely conditioned to having one every day
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a good day. I studied and worked. The best moments of today were breaking my record of orders/hour: got 5 from which I'm pretty proud of. Another great moment was bathing in sauna.

I'm going to have a rest day tomorrow; Cleaning, eating, books, walking, reflection and friends on schedule. Sounds rather decent.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finnish saunas – such an integral part of our culture now that I think of it
  • Psychology: I'm looking forward to learning more of it
  • Short naps
  • Eppu Normaali
  • Meeting my friend Keke today

Hello!

Today has been a great day! This Saturday was my resting day and boy has it been worth it! I've cleaned, slept, written and met my friends. The best moment of today was meeting my friends and playing some Dominion card-game.

Meeting my friends whom I hadn't seen recently was a lot of fun. I also notice that our perspectives about life are a different. It was interesting to hear about their lives and everyday. Sometimes the people and the lifestyle I've surrounded myself with distort my view of the world. Hmm, makes me think about other choices I can make and different ways of living.

Really like your grateful lists. I struggle coming up with one thing each day... !

You can borrow some if you want :P there is plenty of them. I guess my posts are mostly about them nowadays since the actual quitting games-period is pretty much consigned to past. I saw you were doing Stronglifts! I loved that program when I was training more on the gym; simple, effective compound, maybe a few pull-ups to complement, but your climbing hobby probably satisfies the need for them. 

It's getting late, once again I feel astonished about the world and my place in it, but at least it's an enjoyable ride.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having made good friends
  • Resting, today more work was not the answer
  • Living sober for a while
  • Beautiful weather today
  • Playing the piano; Maybe at some point I could go more in-depth with my skills
  • Good stories

Hello!

Today I've been studying maths and working. I guess today was rather work-oriented, but in the context of my finals approaching quickly it's probably not too bad of an orientation. The best moment of today was dining with my family.

I've also had some new thoughts about journaling. Sometimes one becomes very focused on oneself while journaling. I feel that at times I need a break from constant reflection. It feels quite drastic to think about decreasing my journal-time since journaling (on my personal journal in this case) has been a very sticky habit of mine for over two years now. By no means am I looking to quit reflection, but this is something to think about – Not letting yourself become obsessed with yourself. These questions are hard and there is not a precise or a collective answer for this I guess – maybe I just need to try different approaches.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Finding the fun in maths
  • Casual day at work – I notice that the amount of mental effort my work requires has decreased along with my habits improving
  • Interrail next summer
  • Plenty of time for sleep tonight
  • Opetus.tv It's an amazing Finnish site full of educative material, Love it!

Hello!

Still going. Today I've been studying hard and training Bjj. I'm feeling a bit tired, but thats probably quite normal after a hard day like this. The best moments of today were dining with my friends and wrestling with a small dude named Michael from Germany.

I'm feeling a bit mixed up. I feel like it has something to do with psychology and philosophy. Well these thoughts may brew in the back of my head for now. Now it's time for calculus.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Studying at University – It has a good atmosphere for working
  • Delicious food for 2.60€
  • Dire Straits, works well with my feelings at the moment
  • Friends and family
  • Rest 

Hello!

Today was an okay day. I studied trigonometry and trained Bjj. The best moment of today was either dining with my family or sparring in Bjj.

LIfe is rolling onwards. Today I've been also doing some important reflection regarding values, goals and some of the problems I'm facing right now. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Soul
  • Striving for rational decision making
  • A good employer
  • Sharing and discussing oppressing feelings and thoughts with close people
  • Sports keeping me in shape

Hello!

Today was an alright day. I've been studying and meeting my friends. The best moment of today was accidentally meeting a friend and eating out with him. He is a unique guy, says everything very provocatively and straight, but is still a good dude overall.

My days are pretty much studying, nothing too shabby to report on. It was good to spend time with friends though, only studying is a viable strategy only for so long.

Today I'm grateful for:

• The ability to share worries with people
  • Performing arts
  • Spontane moments today

Hello!

Today was a good day! I've been studying maths and training Bjj. Additionally I had a moment to look at my goals aspirations and values. It's good to keep them close and clear. The best moment of today was sparring in Bjj. I had plenty of energy and fun matches. I landed a cross-collar choke which I've probably last done about a year ago.

Going forward quite steadily.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Thinking Fast and Slow; A chapter about irrational decision making regarding politics was epic!
  • Meeting friends from my school, Going to miss them
  • Getting a better hang of Calculus
  • Being able to study atom- and quantum physics tomorrow. It's so detached from everyday life and sounds really smart :P
  • Annoyance; It's a formidable motivator

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've been studying, doing my habits and working. Today's shift was pretty rough – it was very slippery outside and my battery died while working. The best moment of today was talking with my workmates and surviving the shift in the end.

Tomorrow is a day for resting. I'm not going to do hard work; I'll clean, cook, take a walk, maybe reflect a bit and meet my friends. It's a very good ending for this work filled week.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Great workmates
  • Lovely weather today
  • Awesome and open atmosphere in a restaurant today – Everyone said hi and were very friendly. It sure comes a long way
  • Being able to take it easy tomorrow
  • Working hard

Hello!

Today was a usual day. I studied Particle physics and trained Bjj. Overall a good and productive day. The best moment of today was having a good flow while sparring.

My matriculation exams are nearing. I'm working on learning all I can and doing best with what I've got. 

Life is pretty much rolling onwards. I'm working towards my goals and enjoying the way. :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Training consistently
  • Antonio Vivaldi, Mozart and Paganini
  • Being back to school and meeting friends
  • Self-deprecating humor with fellow mathematicians
  • Being able to begin the week with energy

Hello!

Today I've been a bit tired, but it has been a good day altogether. I studied maths and trained Bjj. The best moments of today were having a good pass/sweep battle in spar and good flow with mathematics; two hours went by in an instant.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Number theory and logics; Very sneaky and pretty
  • Being able to sleep late; I feel much better when I can wake up at 8 am than in 6am even with approximately the same amount of time slept
  • Having studied hard
  • Delicious eggplant dinner made by mom
  • Awesome chilly and fresh morning; The winter is giving it a one final go

Hello!

Today was a good day. I studied English, played volleyball and hung out with friends. the best moment of today was talking about politics and history with my friends.

I'm probably going to do a bit more reflection on my personal journal today.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Warm tea for sore throat
  • Talking with my friend Aarni
  • Cars
  • Jamming with friends
  • Holidays and free time that await us after our finals

Hello!

It's pretty late so I'll be quick. Today was a good day; I studied physics, went for a cup of tea and jogged. I skipped today's Bjj, because I was very tired and needed to sleep. Jogging was the complementary exercise for today. The best moment of today was probably the time spent at the café. I learned a lot and built some confidence in my conversation skills.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Sports and the way it trains the body and the mind
  • Seeing progress with my studies
  • Earplugs; One of the best christmas presents I've received. My sister gave them to me probably as a bit of a joke as I sometimes ask her to stop whistling in a very high pitched tone which is like nettles for my ears. Talk about a proactive solution
  • Being able to travel soon!
  • A courageous person I've got to meet

Hello!

Today has been a great day! Sun shone bright in the morning and I went tour skating on the lake Näsijärvi, which was awesome. I've rested and studied a bit of physics with my friend. Now I'm going to play a few games of Dominion with my friends. The best moment of today was skating in the sunny lake.

I also noticed that stress affects my creative process quite substantially. I'm going to rest well this weekend so that I'll manage the final-week ahead.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Plans
  • Finland's awesome nature
  • Spending time with friends
  • Hummus
  • An interesting conversation about traveling

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. I've been taking it easy and preparing for the Finnish exam tomorrow. The best moment of today was going tour skating with my friend.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Hanging out with friends
  • Learning about artificial intelligence
  • Vivaldi's violin concertos
  • Dominion; All the Catan lovers give this game a shot! It's different kind of game but at least as awesome
  • Arriving holidays

Hello!

A busy, busy day. The Finnish exam went well. I managed to randomly guess a subject our exam-committee prepared for us so I was able to acquire some rather precious knowledge. I trained Bjj, studied physics and watched an episode of BCC's Planet Earth 2; It's absolutely gorgeous. The best moment of today was the euphoric feeling after the exam.

Tomorrow it's time to study more. Now I'm of for a good rest.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Earplugs
  • A good family
  • Being able to sleep well
  • that there is a positive side to stress as well
  • Finnish exams are down; three more to go

Hello!

Today was a good day! I've been studying and exercising. I'm having my finals in physics tomorrow; It's probably the one I'm most insecure about. Well I'll do my best. I've worked quite steadily and much towards it. It could be good to reflect after the exams are over regarding how I feel my studying, planning and the plans' execution worked. The best moment of today was having fun conversation with my friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• BBC's Planet Earth II, It's awesome
  • Lifting weights
  • Scorpions
  • Curry
  • spring arriving

Hello!

Today was a good day. The physics exam went pretty well. I've been hanging out with friends and studying English the rest of the day. The best moment of today was hanging with my friends and having a good conversation.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Exam well suited for me
  • More information about further studies
  • Great tea
  • Mozart and Vivaldi
  • Sleep

Hello!

Today has been cool day. I've been relaxing, studying English and training Bjj. The best moment of today was the relaxed morning while the sun shone,

Today I'm grateful for:

• Eating Chinese food every now and then
  • History for being so interesting
  • Playing the piano
  • Finding an interesting book to read