NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today has been a decent day. I've been studying and training. I feel like my studying needs more momentum to build up. Well I'll make sure to build it as good as I can. For now I'll stick with English and analyzing text mostly, since they are up first. After them there will be a month of hard studying and the rest of the examinations. The best moment of today was practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. It's very good for all aspects of health – physical, mental and spiritual. It is definitely one of the best ways for me to improve myself.

I'll reflect a bit on my personal journal later in the evening.

yeah I stopped my daily Journal and subsituted it through a private one and the weekly experiments. I feel better this way. It felt so limiting to have to worry about privacy issues. And I don't need a reminder to come here anyway ;)

Yeah, being able to write uncensored is very powerful. You are able to get totally honest with yourself, which can be eye opening. Diggin' personal journals as well.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Starting somewhere, It's much better than nowhere
  • Reflection, Today I've noticed that my morale wasn't entirely congruent with values
  • The capacity of our brains. It's awesome to know that you can keep learning and improving until your last breath
  • Studying with friends, It helps to shape out perspective for one's own studies
  • Tea

Hello!

A quicker update today, I have to get some sleep soon. Today has been a good day. During the day I was feeling stiffy, when I got home I noticed that I had some sleep debt that required to be dealt with. After that the day has been much brighter. I've trained Bjj and studied English. The best moment of today was having a good time drilling escapes in Bjj. Another great one was studying mathematics with my friends. We make a very effective team and it's many times easier and more fun to study with friends (at least the kinds of that have similar attitudes towards work). 

I notice the effects of the wilder Saturday night. I'd say that if partying like that becomes a habit it will eat a big chunk of your energy off the weekend as well. Over time that shortage of energy during those couple of days will translate into quite a big difference in progress towards one's goals. Good to keep in mind.

I got a new pile of books from Adlibris. I'm going to read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. It's a book on the spiritual/philosophical approach to life, looking forward to it. If you guys have read any good books lately be sure to recommend them!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Working with friends; The support and increase in creativity are awesome, especially if both are able to benefit
  • Our Finnish teacher Päivi – She is an awesome and a very very wise woman
  • Sleep – it makes my days brighter
  • Exercise, another thing that saved today
  • Olive oil and feta

Another great one was studying mathematics with my friends. We make a very effective team and it's many times easier and more fun to study with friends (at least the kinds of that have similar attitudes towards work). 

Hell yea, I found this effect can become a miracle in motivation crisis!

I mean, when I find something difficult to do alone, and I'd like to just procrastinate, then I'm just going outside to the place when there are people who are doing it too! I mean, studying? It's tough, but it's much easier when you have over 9000 people inside the reading room in library! Running? How about park outside, where you can run with other people? :)

That's like going nuclear into something, sometimes there are even events which lasts for weekend and are focused to do specific amount of work, which normally is just impossible, but not when over 9000 people are doing it in the same room :D

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Hello!

Today has been a day of alternating moods. In the morning I felt a bit grumpy after feeling like I underperformed in a text analyzing exam. It was good to learn from this kind of mistake before the actual matriculation exam. I went on to play a good game chess. I outplayed my opponent, but spent so much time doing it that I had to do the last ten moves on an edge of a blade. Actually my time ran out but my opponent didn't notice it and it turned out alright. I played a bit of volleyball as well; It was fun, but the games were not too long today. The best moment of today was being able to process some tough emotions.

Good progress studying as well.

Another great one was studying mathematics with my friends. We make a very effective team and it's many times easier and more fun to study with friends (at least the kinds of that have similar attitudes towards work). 

Hell yea, I found this effect can become a miracle in motivation crisis!

I mean, when I find something difficult to do alone, and I'd like to just procrastinate, then I'm just going outside to the place when there are people who are doing it too! I mean, studying? It's tough, but it's much easier when you have over 9000 people inside the reading room in library! Running? How about park outside, where you can run with other people? :)

That's like going nuclear into something, sometimes there are even events which lasts for weekend and are focused to do specific amount of work, which normally is just impossible, but not when over 9000 people are doing it in the same room :D

Support and a little pinch of peer pressure – Works for sure! :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Paul Simon's '80s hits
  • Knowing what works even if it doesn't feel like it
  • Days are getting lighter
  • Learning humanistic subjects like History, psychology and philosophy – very interesting
  • Ground horse beans, they were a tasty alternative for meat

Hello!

Today has been a good and productive day. I've studied, exercised and done my basic habits. The best moment of today was having a good time sparring and learning new sweeps. 

I'm going forward with my plans as usual. 

It feels weird seeing @WorkInProgress move away from GameQuitters (at least for a while). It reminds me of @wookieshark88@Gorxen@Tom@KoyoteIcarus, @kortheo, @Suritus and many others with whom we have travelled the journey of quitting games together disappearing. 59 pages of journal sure is plenty. Over the time the goal of quitting games has transformed into a quest of developing oneself. I'm feeling a bit old in terms of journaling every day online. This thought may sit in my head until it feels riper. Till then, let's journal.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Fresh fish from a nearby lake
  • Learning new sweeps, They are one of my favourites
  • Family and social support network
  • Making steady progress towards goals
  • Learning to know when to chill with thinking
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

It's getting rather late. The best moment of today was spending time with friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Homemade Hummus
  • Allergy medication
  • Idealism
  • Being able to drive
  • Having strong bones. Today everything has been covered by a thin layer of ice. It has drizzled cold water the whole day, so virtually everything is covered in very slippery crust of ice. 

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've studied, organized and worked. The best moment of today was hearing interesting stories about Africa. Some day I'll visit the continent.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Well structured societies
  • Learning English by using it every day
  • Being able to work
  • Keeping a journal and writing there without censorship
  • Jumpers

Hello!

Today has been my resting day. I've cleaned, managed my mundane matters, planned the upcoming week and spent time with friends. The best moment of today was meeting my friends over a game of Catan. I managed to sneak out the victory by two surprise victory points.

I've been thinking about my goals. I know that goals are enormously important. They give one drive and meaning, ability to channel one's potential into a certain branch allowing it to be improved as time passes. At the moment I feel a bit dazzled. Yes, I have my goals, Yes, I have my plan of action, but something seems to be off. Is it the reasons, is there something wrong with my goals. Maybe I'm expecting goals to do all the work for me when in fact it's up to me to do the work for them.

For now my goals are:

1. Matriculation exams; grades L, L, E, E
  2. Working around twice a week to obtain money for traveling and saving a part of it
  3. Training Bjj three times a week

There are also some minor habit/goals such as reading, exercising, meditating, stretching and gratitude journaling, which I do daily.

Maybe I'm getting too fixated on this and should just work through and improve my plans as time passes. Uff, feels complicated.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Time for rest, I'm ready for work now
  • Friends for widening my perspective
  • Fast trills with piano
  • Beautiful snowy weather
  • Relaxing and taking it rationally – probably something I should practice now as well.

Hello!

Today has been a good day! My well-slept nights during weekend are allowing me to start this week with energy. Today I've been studying, doing my habits and jogged. The best moment of today was spending time with people. It was also nice to write an essay about space in English, the text flowed well and was pretty good for my level.

The pondering about goals yesterday wasn't unnecessary. I restated them a bit, checked if they still are in line with my sense of good direction and how I can make progress towards them. Feeling more confident with them now.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Swedish artists like Bo Kaspers, Lisa Ekdahl and Tomas Ledin
  • Learning a bit of English every day – It's great to see how new words have piled up over time
  • My teacher – She has a great sense of humor and agreed to give me feedback about my analysis
  • Developing a morning routine towards a more compact set
  • A new radiator in my room! No longer have is sleep in sub-zero temperatures! ^_^ 

Hello!

Today was a good day! I've been studying, attending a preliminary exam and training Bjj. The best moment of today was either exchanging thoughts about exams or the fun time training – Being able to concentrate on sweeping or putting pressure on your partner and forget the worldly matters for a while.

The first patch of spring's matriculation exams are nearing; I'll have to change my routines bit to allow some extra sleep and study time. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• How our brains progress mathematical information, sometimes the answers just pop up in an unexpected moment
  • Queen
  • The last regular day of college? tomorrow
  • Our immune systems and ability to regenerate
  • Sleep and the way it enhances learning and growth

A quick reflection, going to sleep soon.

Today I was a bit tired, but it was a great day altogether. The best moment of today was making few tweaks to our school to celebrate our last regular day. We for example filled the entrance rook with hundreds of air balloons, built a massive wall in our gym – nobody builds walls better than us, believe me, and wrote positive comments about our teachers on post it's and filled an entrance to the teachers' room with them.

Now I'm going to get a good sleep.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having fun with the people from school
  • Getting good feedback on my text analyzing exam
  • Reflection – It's the one thing keeping me going

Hello!

Matriculation exams up tomorrow! It's going to be exciting to see what the YTL-workgroup have come up with, I'm guessing it has something to do with Finland's centurial birthday this year. I'm going to quickly revise my notes from literature and Finnish history. Going to sleep early so that I'll be sharp tomorrow.

Today was a cool day. I studied, helped my friends and trained Bjj. The best moment of today must have been training Bjj – It's awesome.

I read this article while improving my vocabulary with Quizlet. It was a great one and reminds me about the TED talk in which a man talked about rats and substance abuse. Very interesting and motivating.

I really like it - I mean, your consistency in writing here.

That's probably what keeps you from playing video games most I think.

Just keep it up! I'll reply to your next entries :)

Thanks Pharmacist! I guess it has become a bit of a habit, this time better than gaming though. :P  Reflection sure is something that helps me process emotions, think and let myself grow. It's like a fertilizer – you just constantly apply it and it will enhance the experience. Dump too much in and you'll drown the plant. Yeah, you surely are right!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Endorphins! They are awesome
  • Liszt, Dvorak, Saint-Saëns
  • Increasing my vocabulary, It actually very rewarding

Going to read through the last notes now.

Hello!

Today has been an intensive day. The matriculation exam in analyzing texts was rather well composed. The six hours were one of the fastest I've spent, brain whirring and pencil smoking. In the end I didn't manage to complete the last text, but overall I'm content with my performance. It's pretty weird that it's over, I've practiced for it for a good while and now it's behind. Well onwards to now challenges I guess.

I've spent the rest of day reading, studying and exercising a bit. The best moment of today was sharing our feelings friends after the exam.

I'm probably going to meet my friends. It's good to get moving after the day of sitting and working with thought. Regarding thought, Thinking Fast and Slow has been a satisfying and relatable read so far. Diggin' it!

I agree.

However remember about this one:

Niepodpisana grafika związku chemicznego; prawdopodobnie struktura chemiczna bądź trójwymiarowy model cząsteczki

I mean, that's the dopamine, I really like it, but in proper doses! :)

Don't overdose it! :)

Oh darn, It has been a while since I last "chemistryed". I believe that the nut-looking structure is a benzene-structure, if I'm not entirely wrong. I'm more of a physics guy in the end. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Aretha Franklin, Dire Straits
  • First matriculation exam down
  • Interesting description of milieu in the Cannery Row; analyzed it today
  • Learning about the archetypes of thinking

Hello!

A quick update today. Today was a good day; I worked, studied and spent time with another family whom we've know for ages. The best moment of today was having interesting conversations and spending time with people.

OH hey buddy!, glad to see you're still around and still quitting <3, In case you still remember me and want to know what happened read my post here

Cheers! :D

Awesome to see you back in action! :) I'll read your story more in depth once I have a bit better moment!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being able to work and make money
  • Friends whom you know pretty much all the way
  • Fresh lake trout caught from a nearby lake
  • Sharing ideas

Hello!

Today I've done basic managing, reflected and worked. I'm tired after a day of hard work. The best moments of today were reflecting and happy customers.

I'm going to get some sleep now. I feel pretty tired and annoyed – sleep is probably the best response.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Wintertime
  • Internet for connecting people and ideas
  • Spotting anxiety better nowadays

Hello!

Today has been a rather regular day. I've studied maths and exercised although I missed Bjj today which is annoying. The best moment of today was studying and dining with friends.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Jim Rohn
  • Mathematics for being as interesting as it is
  • Penkkarit – a day in which college seniors celebrate their departure
  • Having found good habits which support mood and growth
  • Barbells and free weights – For now I don't want to train at the gym since I want to work on Bjj and my job as a bike courier, but I'm sure there will be more time in June. Looking forward to that!

Hello!

Today was a bit of an unorganized day. For some reason I had planned my day with less precision than usual. Well I'm glad nothing too bad happened. The best moment of today was spending time with friends. 

I'm feeling that there are plenty of changes happening regarding college ending and new paths opening. I've still got my goals and ideals well defined so it will not be too hard to follow them. I need to take good care of the freshly sprouted habits – Keep my Slight Edge curve's f''(x) positive. It sure is easy to become entitled and forget to maintain the consistent effort towards one's goals, and I don't want that. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Antonio Vivaldi
  • My friend Alisa and the dreams I share with her
  • Having gone to train today
  • Flea markets – I got a shirt and jeans for 5€ for my costume
  • Chill Rock like Coldplay

Hello!

The last two days were spent on celebrating the departure of senior students (that's us!). We've been partying for the last few nights. Today I've had time to charge back the energy spent during those days. All in all partying is fun however it sure takes it's toll. 

Today I've been doing my regular habits, rested and cooked. Me and my friends went to see our school's prom. It was great fun and reminded of some precious memories. The best moment of today was dancing with my friends.

I'm yet to form a solid approach to the question whether drinking is worth it or not for me. Well for now the party time is over and the study time just about to begin. And when it's time to work I'll focus on working and leave the partying for when the work has been done.

I'm also a bit confused about girl-related stuff.

Well, now it's time to rest and clear my head a bit. Being tired blurs my discretion. Sleep, and steady work will help me in getting back on track. See you there soon!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Well defined values
  • My teacher Sointu; He's past the 60 mark yet he partied till the last call
  • Very fun two days, Now it's time to pay the borrowed energy back
  • '80s rock
  • Developing and trusting one's sense to solve problems 

20170217_210112.thumb.jpg.0d19ef0741dd7f

Here is a polaroid picture of the "Penkkarit" celebration. Can you guess which one of those guys is me? xD

Hello!

Today was a good day. After a good sleep it was great to work, study and meet friends. I've made some progress with my thoughts on money and girls while reflecting. It was very satisfying to figure out some old questions. The best moment of today was talking about mathematics, finances and working with my mother. 

I feel like I need to look for people with similar interests and goals. I have cool friends but at times I feel like our interests do not meet that much. Hmm, I'll let this brew for a while.

The one in the blue costume? Who looks like a poor ass thug :D

That's a good guess, but it missed this time. The origin of the blue guys suit is actually pretty close to your guess. He was dressed as a "kiekkovieras" (roughly translates to hockey visitor/guest). A few years back during our independence day there was a mild riot against elitism, which in my opinion is not really that big of a problem in socialistic Finland. It was more about relieving negative feelings as there was a "reason" for it. In the end the riot ended up in a couple broken display windows and being a meme.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Doing plenty today
  • Going to sleep early, works wonders for productivity and mood
  • My friends family always taking fantastic care of their quests
  • Making progress in maths once again and solving cool problems
  • Learning from friends comments and feedback – One's perspective is easily distorted when too focused on oneself 

Hello, Post 900 in this topic! :)

Today has been a good day. I've been studying, working, reflecting and slacking a bit. The best moment of today was working. It's a pleasure in a way to do physical work outdoors, since working always get's your endorphins going and cycling outside is just pleasurable overall. 

I started a new personal journal. I wrote a letter that I'll re-read once I've written through that journal. I started transferring and reshaping my values and goals from my old journal. I also added a plans-section to which I figured out a couple of financial plans for the future. I also created a new chart for tracking my habits. The old one worked very well.

I did most of my reflection on my personal journal today.

Today I'm grateful for:

• My job as a bike courier
  • Delicious roast from pork
  • The weather is warming up! Ice melts
  • Beautiful colors in the evening sky today
  • It's much lighter in Finland already. The sun set at around five o' clock which is awesome
  • Pen and paper

Good night!