NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a better day! I studied, read, played volleyball with friends and practiced a diploma-performance. The best moments of today were catching quite a hard ball and being with friends.

Today has been better in terms of anxiety as well. It's hard to describe the flow of these feelings – natural yet complicated.

Happy belated!

Thanks Cam! :)

Happy birthday!

Thank you Tom! :) Your occasional pop-ups are always refreshing!

Hopefully your anxiety passes. Glad to see your friends were able to cheer you up a little bit

Thanks, It did move on! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Humor
  • Höntsy = Playing with a laid-back approach and having fun while doing sports
  • Calling my aunt
  • Finding a couple buddies to study with
  • Patience – still learning this

Hello!

Today was cool day! I got to sleep later due to my schedule. I've been studying, exercising, cooking and reading. The best moments of today were trying to play bass and training BJJ. 

I'm looking for new exciting things to read. I've been re-reading Darren Hardy's the Compound effect, but after just reading it feels a bit dull even though it has a good message. Hmm, maybe some book on psychology, traveling, mathematics could be fun for change. Or maybe even a novel or poems to gain experience for the text analysis part of the matriculation examination. On the personal development frontier I have The Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness by Jim Rohn arriving by mail.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Soul music
  • Liver casserole and lingonberry jam, Finnish delicacy
  • Being in good health
  • Awesome sandwiches from our cafeteria
  • Getting a haircut soon – My hair is going to soon look like a white afro at this rate

Hello!

Today has been an intense day. I've been working pretty much the whole day and it's time to catch my breath now. The best moment of today was shopping with my old man.

I'm pretty tired at the moment – I'm going to take it easy so I'll have the strength to work and host a small party tomorrow. Good Night!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Cashew nuts
  • Spotify's radio-application
  • My friend teaching me how to prepare better green tea
  • Finding Physics more interesting as I study it
  • Aretha Franklin

Hello!

Today was a cool day! I've been resting after yesterday. The party was great, I was a bit tired, but we had fun bathing in sauna, eating cake and hanging out. Today has been my rest day so I've been cleaning and assembling entropy back into it's correct form, taking a long nap, a walk and reflecting on my personal journal. It was very fun and I found out new thoughts and perspectives which feels Awesome! The best moment of today was stumbling upon my friend and walking with him.

Phew, I've just written my brains out in my journal. I'm going to charge them back up now. I'm a bit worried that I can't keep everything I just wrote in my mind, but maybe it's like opening a new branch for water and leaving the current to shape it with time.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being able to see
  • Haloo Helsinki! Must be one of the best Finnish rock bands atm
  • Having a loud speaker in sauna = best raves ever xD 
  • Having time to rest
  • Writing
  • Environment that is supportive for growth
  • My friend, he has been very supportive towards me and everyone

Hey, won't the moist get inside the speakers and damage it? I have a bluetooth speaker and since it's not hermetically sealed, I'm afraid it will get the bluetooth and battery circuitry damaged some day. So yea, my hot showers are silent.

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. I'm feeling a bit weird, nevertheless I've done my habits of reading, studying and exercising. The best moments of today were landing a new sweep while training and having a conversation with a person whom I'd like to know better.

Hey, won't the moist get inside the speakers and damage it? I have a bluetooth speaker and since it's not hermetically sealed, I'm afraid it will get the bluetooth and battery circuitry damaged some day. So yea, my hot showers are silent.

I think it's a speaker that is made resistant for water somehow. Hot showers are the best replacement for Karaoke! ^_^ 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Washing machines
  • Jim Rohn's Character cultivation audios – he sure is a beast when it comes to speaking
  • Chicken
  • Nice conversations today
  • Having more time than expected today

Hello!

Today has been a fun day. I studied, trained Bjj and got a new haircut so I no longer look like I'd been living in a cave for the last two months. BJJ sure got my endorphins running and I'm feeling pretty hyped. Going to probably study a bit of maths and go to sleep. The best moment of today was talking with my father about music and eating Brussels Sprouts.

I'm noticing that my moods affect my thoughts. When I'm tired or anxious the world seems like a messy (or messier than usual), annoying and insensible place. Sleeping, eating and exercising is pretty much like pushing the "light up" button on my Macbook multiple times – The world feels just that much brighter.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Brussels sprouts
  • My maths skills are improving, because I'm working on them
  • Trevor on Goodreads – pretty random, but he sure is a sophisticated son of a gun
  • Exercising
  • Being able to take shovers and clean myself – I read that they celebrated dirtiness in the Medieval Era and they proclaimed a man as a saint as he was able to travel across Germany to the Vatican without getting wet neither by washing himself nor getting wetted by the rain
  • My barber

I'm noticing that my moods affect my thoughts. When I'm tired or anxious the world seems like a messy (or messier than usual), annoying and insensible place. Sleeping, eating and exercising is pretty much like pushing the "light up" button on my Macbook multiple times – The world feels just that much brighter.

Experience this right now too. I quit bw-training a few weeks ago because I felt so limitied in time. But the last few days it is like a cloud hanging over me. If this isn't getting better by itself I will seriously overthink my past decisiont o skip on exercise.

Hello!

Today was a cool day! I studied, exercised and prepared my applications for my military service. I ran a cooper-test today and improved my last result by 300 metres which is great. It seems like the aerobic exercise from cycling somewhat transfers to running. The best moment of today was the feeling after running the cooper and listening to cello concertos with my father.

My new books arrived – Jim Rohn's book is starting off well with his personal attitude I enjoy. It's good to have something interesting to read. I've found a couple more books that I'm interested on. 

Experience this right now too. I quit bw-training a few weeks ago because I felt so limitied in time. But the last few days it is like a cloud hanging over me. If this isn't getting better by itself I will seriously overthink my past decisiont o skip on exercise.

Sure thing, exercise is good to keep in mind. I've been doing sports, even if only a walk, every day and I feel like it's had a very positive impact on my routine. :) I'm sure you'll figure out what's best for you.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Cello's sound – It some how reminds medieval times, LoTR feelings etc.
  • Making through the bureaucratic papers
  • Email and internet – After looking for stamps and envelopes it's got to be said that E-mail is awesome
  • Muse, Edgar Elgar and Dvorak, The Austro-Hungarian empire rocked
  • Time to sleep late tomorrow

Hello!

Today was a day with ups and downs though the dust has settled a bit towards the evening. I've been doing my basic habits of studying, reading and doing sports. The best moment of today was learning cool new sweeps in BJJ and playing the piano in the morning.

I've been pondering a bit in my personal journal – good reflection there. I'm continuing to read Jim Rohn's book and it sure is an enjoyable read. 

I feel like my body is craving for some physical time to heal from exercising consistently. Saturday will be my rest day.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Making the changes into my schedule before this phase began. The free time for resting and activities of personal interest has sure been worth it
  • Learning to know myself better  – Socrates is right
  • Being able to learn things by repetition. What a wonderful quality us humans have
  • Queen
  • Car heater

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've been to school, studied, read and worked. The best moment of today was meeting my old kindergarten teacher or being with my friends.

I'm a bit tired so I'll keep it short. Tomorrow will be my resting day.

We are not going to battle in BJJ when we hang out. :P

You better not make too good chess moves then. xD

Today I'm grateful for:

• Having plenty of food
  • Good winter tires
  • Meeting different kind of people
  • Chocolate
  • Kurzgesagt

Hello!

Today was a nice day! I've been resting, cleaning, reading and hanging out with friends. Cool moments of today were seeing the sunrise, skating in sunny weather and being with my friends. It's great to have different kinds of friends.

For now I feel a bit exhausted by mental aspect of self-development. I feel like I easily forget that applying the information is very important. At least I wouldn't like it to be like read a book, think "Oh what cool philosophy, let's apply this", "Oh look another book!" and then forget or mix up all the information. Dunno, The point is anyways that I crave for activities and doing things right now. You don't have to understand the all the minutiae to start and learn. Also I'm pretty tired, which adds an extra layer.

It's late, good night GameQuitters.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Coldplay
  • My friend Mikko – He's a very interesting and wholehearted guy
  • Patience and flexibility
  • Mathematics
  • This sunny day

Hello!

Today was a cool day! I've been studying, working and helping my neighbor out. The best moment of today was being able to give good constructive feedback. Another good one was stumbling across my teacher while working. She had her awesome kid with her and he hugged me spontaneously – It was the first time we've met. xD 

Haha uhh oh.

Jk xD

I've been on the go for nearly the whole day, so I'm going to get my rest now! Good Night!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Eppu Normaali – A great Finnish Rock band
  • Meeting my teachers
  • Delicious meatballs
  • Getting paid for working
  • Index Funds

Hello!

Today has been an ok day. I've been tired from working and studying hard. At the moment I find that there is not too much energy for socializing, which is frustrating. I still feel that my goals are worth the effort. Now it's time to work on them, after them there will be time to enjoy the fruits of work with friends. The best moment of today was having fun with friends while training for a theatre diploma.

I'm getting about 7.5 hours of sleep nightly which is too little. Gotta work on that.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Meeting awesome people
  • Being able to drive a car
  • Delicious roasted trout caught from a nearby lake
  • Franz Schubert
  • Hot Chocolate

Hello!

Today has been a cool day! I went to school, studied and trained Bjj. In the morning I felt that today would be run on the last fumes but I've been pretty energetic. I'm going to take a good rest tonight to charge my batteries back up. The best moments of today were laughing at inappropriate things with my friends, and having fun while training. Overall today was a great day.

I find that goals are very important basis for life. I'm noticing that the friends who have set clear goals are managing their work much better than those who have not sacrificed much thought to the subject. The goals I'm working towards have also made the harder part of doing the work easier and actually desirable.

I used to think getting 7.5/night was enough for me, but lately I've been thinking differently. I feel amazing with 9.

Sleep is a true blessing!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Sharing experiences with friends
  • Good time training. I had fun with my partner and the spars today were really good
  • Muse – Panic Station, Boss song
  • Naps and resting
  • Tea and books
  • Being quite early on my schedule

Hello!

Today was a nice day. I've studied, exercised and rested. The best moments of today were had while playing volleyball. We had a nice relaxed mood and were able to play long and intensive balls. I feel that I'm slowly learning a bit more about this sport and it's much fun.

There is a lot of work to be done. I'm glad I had time to catch my breath today. It's good to know that I'm working towards my goals. It helps me keep going on.

I've reflected a bit on anxiety and feel like it has been good to learn more about it.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Casual sports
  • Free Food at school, as if free education wasn't good enough
  • Siberia V2, only part I have left of my old pc-set, these have pretty good quality of sound
  • English, It's pretty awesome to access all this information, books, this forum, videos
  • Performing the diploma tomorrow

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. I've been studying and exercising. The best moment of today was definitely performing the diploma-performance! It was much fun – I really like our group.

I'm doing pretty well, sleeping a lot the last few nights. Work- and Jiu-Jitsuwise I'm doing fine. There is plenty of studying to be done and I feel like I need to track and work at it better. Nevertheless making good progress in that area as well.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Becoming familiar with new people – I didn't remember that it was this awesome! It's always so enriching to get to know how others live. Sometimes I get into a rut and meeting people who live differently just expands the view of the world.
  • Learning new sweeps in Bjj. They've got to be one of my favourites. I'm focusing on positional play quite much, maybe it would be good to bring more aggressive playstyle to the board as well.
  • Soul
  • Plenty of sleep
  • The performance went well
  • Polaroid Cameras

Hello!

Today was a chill day. I went to school and worked an evening shift which was rather relaxed. The best moment of today was meeting new people at work.

Going to see some theatre performances tomorrow and do the last presentation of our own. It's going to be cool!

Otherwise doing pretty well, studying, habits are going rather smoothly.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Living in a rather small city – It's easy to meet people by common friends
  • Being able to study if it's a slower day at work. No time wasted
  • Our schools team spirit
  • Camille Saint-Saëns
  • Sour milk
  • Living a life full of action, things to do, goals to chase, people to meet
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today has been a day of recovery. We had the diploma performances' afterparty last night. I haven't been drinking too much lately – I clearly had forgotten how to do it. Or at least how to do a few shots less. Well in the end the only casualty was morning which is good. It was definitely cool to party with friends.

Today I've been doing my basic resting habits of cleaning, music, reading and planning the upcoming week. 

I've reflected on my personal journal. Today I hit a spot where I felt that I've done enough thinking and should start doing. It's good to notice this point, because once I was only trying to crack through problems by thinking – The problem, which more often than not, was that I was solely thinking and not doing. 

It's always great to read your journal. Steady, consistent and positive. Just wanted to mention my appreciation for you. I wish you the best :)

Thanks Mario! I greatly appreciate your comment. :) You've been doing the weekly challenges more than journaling online, haven't you?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Spotting anxiety
  • The Beatles
  • Knowing that the little good actions compound over time. If you have some good habits that you have found useful, I'd love to hear them!
  • Improving at maths – I'm find new respect towards mathematic as I learn more of it. It truly is a way of expressing the world just like writing is
  • Being able to walk on lakes while they are frozen