NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

My recess has just begun! I have plenty of time to use now and I'm going to try to make best use of it. I'll make sure I wont just sit home doing nothing! That always gets on my nerves. I'm going to roll up my sleeves and make this recess the best I can!

Feeling really positive right now. Like the whole world would just be shouting you can do it. I guess it's the ultimate burst of motivation. I need to use it as well as I can, to knock off the first domino.

Guys, I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for being in this journey with me!

Hello!

Today was a good day! Was productive, ate dinner with my family and did some kickboxing and BJJ with my pals!

My goal for last week was to live one day at a time. The effects it had on on me

• It was easier for me to focus on present things
  • I had less worries
  • It was easier to focus on long-term goals as it was easier to focus on smaller actions which form results over time
  • Thinking "How can I make these 24 hours the best I can?" helped me when I was stuck. There was always something that needed to be done.

I think this experiment had a big and positive impact :)! Carnegie's book had some really good tips that helped.

Moving on to the next experiment! As I was reading How to stop worrying and start living I stumbled upon some Stoic philosophy that I found interesting. As was written "I'm deeply convinced, that our peace of mind and the joy we get out of living is not determined by where we are, what we have or who we are, but by solely our mental approach." There might be some grammar mistakes since I translated it back to english ^_^.

In my view focusing on improving my mindset would be a good goal for the next week (and of course further on too :p). I'm a bit clueless on how to do it though. Could you guys help me find a method to improve my mindset?

Day 15 of meditation. Trying to import the mindfulness from meditation to my everyday life. For now it has worked pretty well.

Gratitude Journal!

• Doing sports with my awesome friends
  • Thai food we cooked with my family
  • Finding a good site where I can make a to read list from all the books I want to read and order them too
  • Mentors and idols
  • Bicycles! Fast and furious

Great that you are enjoying your recess!

In my view focusing on improving my mindset would be a good goal for the next week (and of course further on too :p). I'm a bit clueless on how to do it though. Could you guys help me find a method to improve my mindset?

That's a tricky one, so first things first. Start from being aware of your mind. Don't fret about negative thoughts and emotions, chase them to the root instead. What do they tell you about yourself? Is their cause something you can change? Do it. Is it something you can't control? Double-check. If true, make peace with that.

Keep exercising, meditating, eating and drinking well. Your body complaining of being mistreated is a major cause of a negative mindset. Hormones drive us around.

Choose your company well. More time with people who inspire you, less with those who drain you. Vampires will always find another prey so don't worry about them.

Be there for your friends and family in need of a shoulder to cry on but never forget that you can't save other people. Don't take responsibility for the pain you don't cause.

Be kind. Remember that everybody is going through their own personal struggles, yourself included. What can you do to brighten their day just a little bit?

So maybe you can try this: do a random act of kindness every day. You'll be surprised.

Hope this helps :)

That's impressive! Really solid advice there. :)

My goal for the following week will be to do at least one random act of kindness to someone every day. Just doing it for the sake of genuinely of wanting to help somebody out, not seeking for any benefit.

Hello!

Today was a good day! For some reason I felt that my hangover made it better. I don't know how that's possible, but for some reason feeling like that. Had quite the adventure yesterday! ^_^

Today while reading How to stop worrying and start living I stumbled upon the common advice of being yourself. For some reason I find it hard concretisize it. For example thinking about which goals are your own personal goals and which goals have just been drawn from your surroundings.

I remember when Duhigg wrote the story about a coach turning a lousy football team into a successful by focusing on some key habits within the teams dynamics. On the other hand Carnegie writes that you should focus on your way of doing things, for instance if you want to be a good actor you shouldn't take things from other famous actors, since the limit the appearance of your own personality.

Well thats quite a lot of thinking to do. Of course it's quite theoretical and the advice don't shut each other down completely. And it might be that for example Duhigg's way is better in more systematic stuff and Carnegie's in more creative work.

Well anyways, been really enjoying How to stop worrying and start living your life!

My meditation is going quite well, still I'm sometimes having a hard time understanding emotions. Today I fell asleep because of sleep deprivation... Well I'm going to sleep well and meditate in a fresher state tomorrow!

Gratitude journal:

• I'm grateful for having spent nice evening with friends
  • Sarabande, by Handel. Listening to classical music since it doesn't really distract me much.
  • Mittens! They can be pieces of art
  • Sushi! Really works well with with a tiny hangover since it's not too greasy nor salty
  • Getting my suit reserved early this year for Prom!

P.S Cam your video was really well put together! It's really noble of you to help the ones not necessarily capable of affording Respawn for example. Putting the phenomenon on the stand instead of profit.

P.S Cam your video was really well put together! It's really noble of you to help the ones not necessarily capable of affording Respawn for example. Putting the phenomenon on the stand instead of profit.

?Thanks! I think I could make a much better one in the future but that was just me in a room one-take speaking from the heart. Appreciate you watching it! :)

Hello!

Today was a really good day as well! It's a lovely night. Walked home with a girl and the stars were just shining so bright!

I have thought a bit about the Carnegie-Duhigg's problem. For now I'm going to settle on the interpretation that I can choose the way I act depending on the situation. For example with social dynamics; I will use the advice Carnegie gave in his book How to Win Friends and Influence People for instance happily greeting my friends and not complaining nor criticizing unless absolutely necessary. What I will not try to do is to for example copy a popular persons identity. I will use the good habits around the core which is my own personality!

I'm currently experiencing a problem with meditation. For some reason I feel that I'm not treating my emotions correctly and that's causing disturbance

Gratitude journal

• Just walking and talking while looking at the stars. Amazing!
  • Bathing in Sauna
  • Playing laser tag for free
  • Listening to chill finnish alternative band, Pimeys
  • Dreams

I think you have resolved that issue nicely! You definitely what to learn who you are and be yourself. I think that emulating the habits of successful people leaves plenty of room to be yourself.

As far as meditation goes, it's not always pleasant. If you're feeling unpleasant emotions in your meditation I can give you some steps that I learned from reading Pema Chodron's book "How to Meditate". I didn't know how to resolve these feelings until I read the book. I tried these steps personally and recommend them.

1. Feel the negative feeling, but don't identify it as your feeling. Think of it as a feeling that is with you at this time.
  2. Move your focus from your breath to your body. You will be able to physically feel that feeling. For me, I can feel anxiety in my upper spine, depression in my shoulders, and anger in my chest.
  3. Once you have the physical feeling of the emotion pinpointed, breathe with it.
  4. Keep your focus on that physical feeling. You're just observing a sensation at this point. It will pass in time.

Learning to observe those tough feelings will train you deal with difficulties in life.

Hello!

Today was great! I went to the gym and did a bit of BJJ and Kickboxing with my friends. Also went out to eat pizza with a couple of other friends.

There are about 50 pages left in Carnegie's book. I also started reading Paulo Coelho's the Alchemist, since I saw it being recommended

Meditation was better today! I did it in the morning so I didn't try Joe's tips just yet. Anyways I feel like the soft focus is important so meditating won't drain energy.

Gratitude journal

• Eating bovine cheek today! Really tender and tasty
  • Discovering different kinds of metal music today
  • Sports elevating my mood
  • Lovely weather combined with autumn foliage
  • Clean and fresh bedroom

Hello!

This is my 110th day game-free. Today I read really much. In the evening I went out and grilled some sausage in a campfire with my friends. It's always good to see some old friends.

I finished Dale Carnegie's How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. I'll highly recommend it to anyone since worries have an impact on nearly everybody's lives. There is so many things I learned from that book. I probably have about 13 A4s full of notes. As a piece of work I liked it more than the famous How to Win Friends and Influence People. Moving on I will be reading Gorilla Mindset, by Mike Cernovich. I'm not sure whether I'll read The Slight Edge before Daring Greatly or the other way round. What do you think guys, would reading The Slight Edge first be beneficial?

Also completed the Headspace foundation 3. Wow! Many things getting completed today! ^_^ I might have been a bit distracted during my meditation, but it generally went a Lot better! Thanks Joe, The tips were useful! As for meditation I'm now continuing into the relationships section.

Gratitude journal

• Having that one crazy friend who will do just about anything nobody else can think of
  • Eating Indian food today. It was actually Crazy good!
  • Sitting by a campfire telling stories about everything. There is something magical in that!
  • Beginning to recognize self-talk better
  • Elton John for his music
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today was great. Did my morning routine, practiced BJJ and went out to eat pizza with my friends. Pretty basic, pretty cool.

I feel that Gorilla Mindset is a true book of action. I'm going to have to focus on creating ways and challenges to try and import the good habits into my life. I probably should create a challenge from every chapter.

As I move on to relationship-meditation visualizing mostly overtook the sole focus on your breath. I find myself craving for that focusing, but I'm going to try visualization further since it's too early for me to judge.

Today I'm grateful

• For Candles, smooth and atmospheric lighting
  • My friends for buying me pizza
  • Plying music with friends
  • The Alchemist! It's really well written and full of powerful messages!
  • Hygiene, It's nice to smell decent and have clean teeth

Hello!

Today I decided to take it a little easier. Slept well, did my morning routine, read a book, visited cousins and took a walk.

My weekly challenge, to do a random good deed daily, was a success! I really enjoyed it. :) It takes nearly no time and makes me feel a lot better. Sometimes you can be a little lost in your own world that you forget about everyone else. I'm going to continue this challenge. If I see a situation where I can help somebody out I will.

My challenge for next week will be focusing on my mindset. I'm using methods that were suggested in Gorilla Mindset. Trying to shift to more positive and accepting mindset. I'll try to notice the negative self-talk and notice how inaccurate and untruthful it can be.

It's the last day of holiday and I've got to say it's been a holiday well spent! Scheduling things made it even more awesome. Now it's time to return to school.

Today I'm grateful for

• Meditating on a lake. It feels way different in the nature
  • Even though it's been only a week, I feel like I've grown a bit
  • Having warm clothes
  • Yoghurt, omnom Really good breakfast
  • Being present in the moment
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today has had its ups and downs. For some reason I've felt a bit unpleasant. A part of it has to do with a flu I got. Rolled with a guy that had flu and I apparently caught it too. Also a part of feeling down might come from our group of friends in school. For some reason I'm not really able to feel close to this group.

One of my goals has been working on relationships. It seems like I have a bit of trouble making close relationships. Closeness is something I long for, but it feels hard to find. Well I just had to get this out of my head.

Growing up can be complicated at times. It's something that will continue to happen for as long as we live though, so better just accept the sucking it sometimes is. After all I don't really know anything better than realizing that you've grown up a little and are stronger and wiser than before.

Today I'm grateful for

• Dressing as a Mexican tomorrow ^_^
  • The awesome sausage soup I ate today (It's actually more complicated than it sounds.)
  • Music for once again cheering me up
  • Trying my best, being content with that
  • Paulo Coelho is really inspiring!

Growing up can be complicated at times. It's something that will continue to happen for as long as we live though, so better just accept the sucking it sometimes is. After all I don't really know anything better than realizing that you've grown up a little and are stronger and wiser than before.

?One day at a time man. Little improvements each day. It all compounds over time into big results.

Hello!

Today was good! I had fun and was happy!

Even though I like Gorilla Mindset I'm going to take a little break from reading it. I feel like Daring Greatly will be generally more giving for me at this point.

Today my writing feels a little slumpy. I'll try to write more tomorrow!

Thankful for:

• Spending time with friends
  • Kiwis, Taste awesome and are full of vitamin C
  • Feeling more confident today
  • Morning routine working well
  • Good, warm and dry home