NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a good day. I traveled back from relatives' place, trained Bjj, studied and met my friends. The best moment of today was definitely the feeling after exercising. It's so good to do sports.

For now my main goals are consolidating my habits of exercising, working and studying. I also want to keep other areas of my life in check like reading good books and meeting my friends but for time being those three habits are the most crucial. 

Hey I hope you found time for family and relaxation during Christmas!

Time for studying will be after finishing it! :)

Anyways tracking amount of time, work for me and my brain of analitycs so it should work for you aswell!

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Thanks for the tip. I've started studying and so far it's tracking the time I spend studying has helped my stay accountable. The work I do now will help my workload later, so it's good to use the time I have left wisely.

The best moment of today was either bathing in sauna or building the snow fortress.

That yin-yang balance :D

You should see going straight to an icy lake after sauna. The temperature drops about a hundred degrees instantaneously. It's really fun (and scary).

Today I'm grateful for:

• Lady Madonna, Magical Mystery Tour – Can you guess the band?
  • Leftover Christmas food
  • Planning on a calendar
  • The great feeling and clarity exercise brings with it
  • Knowing how hard our ancestors living in agricultural times worked, helps me to harden up a bit
  • Blue Öyster Cult

Hello!

Today was a good day. I had lunch with my family, studied, worked and read. I'm pretty tired after working so I'll probably go to sleep soon. The best moment of today was my employer laughing at my calendar in a friendly way. It's quite full until June of 2018, full of cool things nevertheless. :) 

The next two-and-a-half months are going to be full of work. It'll be interesting to see how I'll be able to manage them. My goal is to be consistent with studying to the matriculation exams, training BJJ and working. I've described pretty accurately how and why I'll do these things – Now it's up to me doing the work.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Guns N' Roses – Digging their sound
  • Great weather today
  • An understanding employer
  • our warm fireplace heating our home
  • Seeing my friends tomorrow

Glad that this tip helps!

I have bunch a them to boost insanely studying efficiency, but implement truly time measurement, to unlock the next one! :D

Guns N' Roses – Digging their sound

More like "talk to me softly, there's something in your eyes"? Or "don't hang your head in sorrow, and please don't cry"?  :D

I've got a headache, so I'll keep it short.

Today was a cool day. I cooked, studied in library, trained Bjj and prepared for next summers InterRail. The best moment of today was landing a sweep and seeing my friends.

I finished The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. Started very strong and ended a little weaker, but good overall. Maybe I'm consuming self-development-material at rate which is bigger than my ability to capitalize on it. On the other hand the books are often about processes months or years long so it will take time to apply their teachings anyway. I've found it useful to consume inspiring and sensible content.

Now I'm going to sleep – tomorrow will be a physical resting day. Good night!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Planning
  • Making mistakes is natural
  • Studying
  • Cooking good macaroni casserole
  • The help I got today

Hello!

Today was supposed to be a resting day, but my employer asked for help, and as I feel this relationship is important I took the shift. Today I've been studying and working, the day has passed surprisingly fast. Now I'm taking time to rest for this evening and tomorrow so that I'll have energy to keep my behaviors up. I notice that if I work too much I tend to turn inwards socially and have blurrier thoughts so it pays to rest good. The best moment of today was meeting my friend on bus. 

More like "talk to me softly, there's something in your eyes"? Or "don't hang your head in sorrow, and please don't cry"?  :D

I dig their Rock way of using chords and the unique feeling to their sound. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is. It seems like Guns N' Roses are touring on Europe at the same time I'll be railing. It'd be very tempting to go see them! :)

Yup, I'll spend the rest of the day resting as well as tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Learning to rest at right time
  • Rock, it fits my mood very well today (also Layla, by Derek and the Dominoes & @KoyoteIcarus)
  • Understanding that the content I'm consuming affects my thinking

Happy New Year GameQuitters!

Today I have been resting after celebrating with my friends yesterday. I've had a good day. I feel especially happy about doing some good reflection on my personal journal. The best moment of today was helping my friend out. 

I'm currently feeling a bit anxious – I'm sure a good night's sleep will do wonders. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Paganini and Liszt – Their music and stories are very inspiring
  • Bob Dylan and Elton John
  • Delicious food at my Grandmother's
  • Drinking plenty of water yesterday
  • Being able to sleep as much as I like during the recess

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. I've studied read and trained BJJ. My habits are rolling on quite steadily though I feel like I should be studying more for my matriculation exams. Well I'll figure something out. I'm going to see my friends later tonight. The best moment of today was joking around with a guy from Bjj.

I had a good but rough time training today. I should've taken rolling with a more focused attitude. Rushing on without thinking and is probably the best way to get yourself and others hurt. 

I finished James Allen's As a Man Thinketh which has quite often been mentioned by self-development authors. It was a solid and sensible booklet with a good message.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Living in a country which provides free education
  • Friends
  • Holidays is a good time to get momentum for when the school starts again
  • Many times the act required for improving one's situation is easy and small
  • Tracking the amount of actual work

Hello!

Today has been great! I set up an alarm to adjust my sleeping schedule. It was surprising that sleeping for 7,5 hours was enough to keep me up and running the whole day. Maybe it's something about being a morning person. I'll continue shifting it by half-an-hour a day till I get to 8am. I spent today studying, cooking, working and reading. It was great to schedule plenty time to avoid rushing. In the end I've been doing what I should've been the whole day and feel pretty good about it. The best moment of today was working. Happy old men make me happy and it was great to chat with my co-worker.

Yup that's it. I'm going to sleep early so that I'll have energy to study tomorrow.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Pineapples
  • Trills
  • Warm and comfortable clothes
  • Reflecting and adjusting
  • Studying with friends

Hello!

Today was a fun day. I studied maths, read, and did my habits. I studied for 5 hours with a couple of friends of mine and it was good time. We managed to make good progress (and have fun). I'm feeling a little bit fluish after working in the cold air yesterday. Going to put warmer clothes on the next time. The best moment of today was solving mathematical problems together.

I continued reading The Magic of Thinking Big and it didn't feel the kind of book I'd prefer reading at the moment. I switched to Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers which seems cool. The style of his writing is very enjoyable and the message is pretty good. I think I'm going to look for some personal development material and read for example Jim Rohn.

I caught a glimpse of a traveling show in which a Finn traveled in Georgia. It was quite a drastic change to how I perceive life, living here in a nordic welfare nation. Well it's something to ponder about. I'm sure traveling will teach me more about this further on.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Boney M – Gotta go home
  • Mathematics
  • Being born here in Europe – I dislike determinism, but hmm... Maybe it's more about what can we do to help others than where we are born. And in the end the conditions were very rough here in Finland a hundred years ago, not to talk about the preceding times, so is it just a natural continuum, what makes life a good one? The world is very perplexing today.
  • Responsibility and taking action
  • Good books

Hello!

Today was a good day. I helped my friends, studied, trained a bit and did a LoTR movie marathon, which I sadly had to quit before the third film because I've got work tomorrow. The best moment of today was exploring and clothing properly.

20170106_024041.thumb.jpg.5d9ab25612e953

This is me after the movie marathon. It's getting a bit colder – atm -21 Celsius/-5,8 degrees Fahrenheit. Clothing properly makes the weather enjoyable and cool to experience.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Hanging out with friends in person
  • Studying hard
  • Getting a reminder about something is should keep in mind
  • Small acts of kindness
  • The world

Hello!

Today was a weird day. I slept long after yesterdays marathon. I've been studying and working the rest of the day. The best moment of today was joking with customers and workmates. 

Rolling forward with my life and goals.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Mates from down under – AC/DC
  • Progressing with my studies
  • A restaurant owner being a great model of responsibility and humility. I need to go eat there sometime
  • Ibuprofen
  • Goodreads.com – My new addiction to replace reddit and youtube xD

Hello!

Today was a good day. I did the things I needed to and had fun. The best moment of today was dining with an old friend of mine. He's been my friend ever since we met at the kindergarten. I'm very grateful for a friendship like that.

I reflected a bit about my current feelings, ideas and life on my personal journal.

The clothes don't look so warm. Mine look warmer (leggings excluded), yet, I'm cold!

It's the magic of haulers. ^_^ There is no way for the warm layer of air to get out from back, neck or ankles. Once you are completely insulated the temperature outside doesn't matter (to a certain degree ofc). How cold is it there in Japan?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Friends made along the way
  • Having a rest day tomorrow!
  • Hot sauna
  • Having goals
  • Wholehearted techers

Hello!

Today was a cool day, even a bit unsuspected. I did my basic resting activities of cleaning, cooking, reading, listening to Jim Rohn. My aunt bought me a ticket to circus as a present, which was an awesome gift! It was great and inspiring to see people who have developed their physical talents to such extent. We then ate some cake and I taught my grandma how to use an Ipad. I've got to say that she is a natural talent, already playing music on his JBL Charge 2+. In the evening I took a walk and randomly met my friend Maria, We walked and talked for a bit and I invited her for a spontaneous cup of tea. We had a really good time. What a great thing to happen.

I've got my birthday tomorrow, Yay! ^_^ One year older – one year wiser. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• The possibilities that technology brings with it
  • People's desire to learn even when old
  • Delicious chocolate cake
  • Learning to play Mozart better
  • The great year behind and ahead

So is that the secret? I should get one of those. Many people have told me that they prefer winter than summer because in winter 'you just wear a lot of clothes and you'll be fine'. bs. Anyway, temperature varies from 0 to 8 here in Kyoto. I'm used to it, but that doesn't mean I like it!

Happy birthday, Spinips!

Hello!

Today has been a good day. I've been to school, studied and trained BJJ, which was really nice. Now I'm going to sleep early, will read a bit of book and listen to Jim Rohn. The best moments of today were wrestling, a good breakfast, friends saying happy birthday and spending time with my sister.

I got a blow from knee to the side of my head. It's always a bit annoying. I remember what @Tom said about martial arts, remembering to look at it from multiple points of view. If I notice some negative consequences I'll change my approach. So far it has been pretty much a source of overthinking and a way to forget all the positive sides of learning martial arts like building confidence and character, training your body all-around, releasing endorphins, making new friends and having tons of fun. 

Oh boy your birthday! That's exciting dude! I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on my journal as well, I appreciate it. 
Glad to hear you had a good time with your friend today :) 

Thanks you Tatu! :) 

So is that the secret? I should get one of those. Many people have told me that they prefer winter than summer because in winter 'you just wear a lot of clothes and you'll be fine'. bs. Anyway, temperature varies from 0 to 8 here in Kyoto. I'm used to it, but that doesn't mean I like it!

Happy birthday, Spinips!

I'm on the summer-team with you! Thank you for your wishes!

Happy birthday, my wise friend ;) 

Tack så mycket, min svenska vän! 

I've had an awesome day, thank you everyone!

Today I'm grateful for:

• People remembering my birthday, I want to make sure I remember theirs as well
  • Being able to train today
  • Nap of 20 minutes – I've been up and running ever since
  • Having had the chance to live these years, make friends and learn
  • Talking about personal limits and how we can better live in harmony with my sister

Hello!

Today has been an alright of a day. I've been feeling anxious for some reason. I might reflect this more deeply on my personal journal or just go to sleep – probably the latter. Today I've been studying, reading and practicing a diploma. The best moment of today was having good time with friends.

These kind of feelings come and go. I'll need to be patient. If there is something bigger than just day to day differentiating moods or tiredness I'll figure it out with time.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Friends who cheer me up even when I'm feeling blue
  • Jim Rohn audios
  • Not having to experience negative feelings alone
  • Figuring out that having the radiator turned to max and drying my gi in my room turns it into a jungle, which might not be best for sleeping
  • Double naps – took two today which is an achievement of it's own – both were about twenty minutes as well ^_^