NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Woot! (Stealing @Cam signature expression - I don't actually know what it means, but it's fitting in this situation). 532 days, that's insane. I know Cam is probably further along the road, but still. He is the Gamequitter with a big G - you're slightly more relatable. (This <3 is for you if you're reading this Cam). 

That makes me inspired. One day I'm going to tell a newbie gamequitter that I'm 532 days free from games aswell, making them jealous. Thanks! ;) 

Hello!

Today was a good day. I was a bit sick so I skipped heavy exercise in order to heal. I took a walk and did some light BoRs and BP. I've been to school, studied, read and practiced a bit of chess for this week's tournament. The best moment of today was exercising and spending time with my friend.

I've been very active the whole day which is pleasant in the end. I feel like one of my goals is to bring more activity into my life. For now I'll stick to my routines and manage the final exam week of the year. During the recess I'll have more time to think about my values and goals.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Getting to know a friend of mine better
  • Rooibos tea
  • Training with a barbell

Hello!

Today was a basic day. I'm still a bit sick so I took it lighter today. I studied, cooked, read and took a brisk walk. The best moment of today was having good conversations. Another great one was managing to write an essay that I'm satisfied with. 

I'm feeling a bit entangled and fuzzy. I'm going to take a good sleep next night so I'll have energy tomorrow. I'm going to see the new Star Wars film which is very cool! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Values
  • Cheerful music
  • Successfully making good food
  • Messaging my friend who lives in Italy currently
  • Fresh air

How do you manage to get up early in winter? What is the average temperature of your room early morning?

I feel a little embarassed to ask you this, but I'm having problems on getting out of bed in the mornings because it is hard to leave the warmth of the quilts. And you are the Winter Lord, so no better person to come for help :)

How do you manage to get up early in winter? What is the average temperature of your room early morning?

Thing that helps me the most with this is wearing pajamas (sweatpants) to bed, and potentially if it's even cooler in the morning, having a shirt nearby so I can put it on before I get up. Helps me get up amongst the cold a lot.

Hello!

Today was a good day. I'm slowly and steadily moving forward. Reflecting on my personal journal was very rewarding. The new Star Wars film wasn't really that great, but the alien planets worlds and the original storyline is so awesome that it was a movie that was fun to watch anyways. The best moment of today was talking with a guy with whom I've been friends for my whole life. It was a good conversation about life, future and some arbitrary stuff.

I feel a little embarassed to ask you this, but I'm having problems on getting out of bed in the mornings because it is hard to leave the warmth of the quilts. And you are the Winter Lord, so no better person to come for help :)

I know the pain! :D I have a lovely electric heater in my room so I can tune the temperature my way. I'll clothe up immediately so I don't have to freeze right in the morning. The bigger factor for me is the darkness. The sun rises at 9.38am and settles at 3.00pm. @Cam Adair's Idea of pajamas sounds very proficient.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Gyllene Tider, Lisa Ekdahl and Bo Kaspers
  • Unwinding thoughts by writing
  • Going to movies with a friend of mine
  • A good sparring partner in maths – She's a bulldozer and I'm a bazooka

Hello!

Today was a drowsy day. I've caught a cold so the pace is a bit slower than usually. I've studied, read, cooked and taken a walk. My opponent beat me at the quarter-finals of our chess cup, but the games were even and solid. The best moment of today was playing badminton with a floorball stick.

I've been reading Manson's new book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. The book has good reflection, but at the same time I feel like there is too much miscellaneous making the thesis of the book unclear. Manson has a fairly "straight to the face"-approach and while I approach honest feedback his strict collective generalizing criticism doesn't appeal to me all that much. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Legumes
  • Last exam of the year :)
  • Rock

Hello!

Flu is still up. Today I've been resting, but also studying, practicing a diploma work and creating a presentation. The best moment of today was laughing at some weird news.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Warm tea
  • Taking a walk when the sun shone. It was nice to see the good old ball of plasma once again.
  • Hermann Hesse's The Glass Bead Game. I'm getting onward with the story and liking Hesse's intellect style of writing. It's going to be cool to see how the story develops
  • Letting myself rest when rest is needed
  • The Christmas holidays are here soon

Hello!

Flu is still up. Today I've been resting, but also studying, practicing a diploma work and creating a presentation. The best moment of today was laughing at some weird news.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Warm tea
  • Taking a walk when the sun shone. It was nice to see the good old ball of plasma once again.
  • Hermann Hesse's The Glass Bead Game. I'm getting onward with the story and liking Hesse's intellect style of writing. It's going to be cool to see how the story develops
  • Letting myself rest when rest is needed
  • The Christmas holidays are here soon

Hi ! You had a really nice day :) . 
Can I ask you a question : what are your eating/drinking habits (cafe, restaurants, meals...etc) ?
And what are your favourites hobbies and food ?

Have a good day !

600th post

Today was a cool day. It was my weekly rest day so I did no schoolwork. The flu is still there with me, now with fever, but I felt slightly better today. I've read, practiced for a diploma performance, watched Shawshank Redemption and invited friends to play board games – an active day in that sense. The best moment of today was seeing my friends and scoring 4 points In Catan in a turn. 

I'm going to get some rest, probably will leave more time for healing tomorrow.

@kingstravy Thanks for asking! I'll answer tomorrow, because I'll probably fall asleep in the middle of writing if I start now. :$

Today I'm grateful for:

• Impressionistic music – Liszt especially
  • Watching a good movie
  • Making new friends rehearsing the diploma work
  • Seeing friends
  • Hot steam

Hello!

Today I've rested for the whole day. I'm feeling better and can probably start training lightly tomorrow. I've read, studied and continued my movie streak. Today it was time for Braveheart which was a fine film! The best moment of today was playing the piano. I've enjoyed it again after a couple years of not playing. Also getting better fluwise is great!

Hi ! You had a really nice day :) . 
Can I ask you a question : what are your eating/drinking habits (cafe, restaurants, meals...etc) ?
And what are your favourites hobbies and food ?

Have a good day !

Bonjour! I generally eat 5 big meals a day. My diet consists of mostly meat, vegetables, salad and lentils with pasta or rice every now and then. I've tried being cereal-free and a eating a slow carb-diet, but I've spotted that eating simple food made from good ingredients is good enough. My favourite drinks are sour milk and water. Sour milk is kinda like drinkable sour yoghurt – It fits me much better than milk. My favourite food is probably a good beef or thai chicken.

I've got pretty many laid back hobbies. Maybe the most serious of mine is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – a cool wrestling type martial art. Some others are reading, music, jogging, chess and spending good time with friends.

I might InterRail in French next summer so I'd like to know where could I get some food you like?

@SpiNips Could you give me a final grade when you're done with "The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck?" I've been wanting to read it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and money.

I finished it today. Overall I'd give it maybe 3,5 stars. The book is a compilation of different values/principles Mark appreciates. I feel like it is not a book with a clear thesis. It's more like "these 8 things are important in life", which left the message of the book a little shallow for me. He has good points for sure, but I feel like those points are so personal and enormous that each of them could use an own book. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck does not have the kind of message Models has, at least that's how I felt.

Mark's attitude was in my opinion not in favor of this book. I feel like he had quite a generalizing and cocky attitude, which annoyed me, though I also respect Mark for his directness.

It's necessary to remember to take advice from self-help books with a grain of salt. I think that if I had not filtered the content with critique I might've ended up analyzing problems that for time being are absurd. It's more important to trust your own sense of reflection and drive for development than to overanalyze every possible condition that might actually be irrelevant to your situation.

An okay book, nice principles, good stories, but only a vague connection to the reader.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Guns N' Roses
  • Feeling healthier
  • Letting myself rest – learning this as well
  • Inspiring teachers
  • Fruit juice

Hello!

Today was a very busy day. I've been organizing our next summer's Interrail-trip and preparing a presentation about ethics. I've mostly missed my Slight Edge habits today which is not good. The best moment of today was being with friends.

I also got a call from my employer who wishes me to do more shifts. I understand her point and I understand that our relationship has to be a win for both of us. with my final matriculation exams coming I feel like working more is hard. Also my spare time for friends and BJJ would decrease a good bit. On the other hand money is very useful and after the exams I'll have a couple of months free and working fits that moment especially well. I just need to get through the next three months.

If I work too much I feel like I lose the track about what's really important – it didn't go very well last autumn. It's good to have energy for improving yourself and meeting people with a positive attitude. Hmph, it feels intimidating to think about this, but I know that humans are strong as heck and capable of handling formidable challenges. I'll have to ponder this for a while.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Tortillas
  • Rooibos tea
  • AirBnb
  • Clean sheets
  • More time to sleep tomorrow morning

If I work too much I feel like I lose the track about what's really important – it didn't go very well last autumn.

Although this has happened in the past, that does not mean it is guaranteed to happen in the future. You were at a certain point in your development at that point, and you've grown a lot since then. Doesn't mean it will succeed either, but just something to think about.

Hello!

It's late – I'll keep it quick. Today was a cool day. Our presentation went well and it was fun. I've made progress on many areas with reflection, action and vulnerability which is great. The best moment of today was wishing everybody merry Christmas.

Although this has happened in the past, that does not mean it is guaranteed to happen in the future. You were at a certain point in your development at that point, and you've grown a lot since then. Doesn't mean it will succeed either, but just something to think about.

Thanks for your point of view. It will take some time to really see how it will turn out. For now I've got a plan to start with. TIme will take care of the rest.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Hugs
  • Friends
  • An available car
  • Kiwifruits
  • Clearing some things out

Hello!

Today I'm feeling a bit meh. I've done Christmas preparations and in the evening I've done schoolwork, read, cooked and played some piano. I'm feeling a bit annoyed and dazzled. Well it's alright to sail the blue seas every now and then. The best moment of today was cooking with my father.

Today I'm grateful for:

• My recipe book
  • Reflection
  • Understanding feelings a bit better now
  • Rock music
  • Understanding that my actions – what I do, matters

Hello!

Today has been a weird day. I got all my presents ready and I'm pretty happy with them. I've studied, read and attended my friend's gig. The best moment of today was dining in a Danish Smörrebrod-restaurant. 

I've been thinking about goals and how to set them. I'm getting pretty sure that the best way for me is to set goals of doing some small actions consistently and keep them rolling into habits. For now it's up me to set them and start working on them. I'd like to work on studying, exercising and reading.

Posts about internet were very interesting in @gankylosaurus' journal today!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Tasty food
  • Solving a mathematical problem that I previously had failed in solving
  • New books <3 Hoping to get a couple more for christmas
  • All presents ready already
  • Work tomorrow

Hello!

Today was an active day. I've worked, met my friends by Catan and read and applied information form Darren Hardy's The Compound Effect. The best moment of today was getting my endorphins going by working as a bike courier.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Exercise
  • Planning
  • Delicious ham
  • Good weather
  • Clean environment

Merry Christmas GameQuitters!

Today was a laid-back day. I studied, read, jogged and spent time with my family. I got a polaroid camera and some good books for present. The best moment of today was our family dinner.

I've done my habits for today. I decided that I'm going to start tracking the amount I study in order to get information on how to do it better.

Some work-related stuff have brought me a bit of stress. Well, I'm going to figure those out when my company gets back to work.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Polaroid pictures
  • Time with family
  • Going to see my grandparents tomorrow (FOOD!)
  • Endorphines
  • Darren Hardy's no nonsense-approach

Hello!

Today was a cool day. We built a snow castle, played some board games and ate well. I'm feeling a bit existential maybe it’s something about aging and the passing of generations. I’ve also skipped my morning routine of meditating and stretching now that I’m here with my relatives. It’s easier to do it this way. The best moment of today was either bathing in sauna or building the snow fortress.

I’ve read and watched some very sensible self-development material made by Darren Hardy and the Jim Rohn. They are very focused on the basics, feet on the ground logical philosophy. Going to continue enjoying their advice.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Mind mapping in my personal journal
  • Moldable snow
  • Grandmother's food