NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a busy day. The military drafts went as expected and I got myself a decent location for next summer. In Finland we have a mandatory military service for each male. I've used the rest of the day by playing volleyball and studying. The best moment of today was playing volleyball with friends.

You sound like you're I a good place.  Keep on keeping on. 

Thanks man, will do! :) I remember @AlexTheGrape using that quote of yours as well.

• Mathematical problems

?????

What is wrong with you? O.o 

Jokes aside, keep that good work up.

It's easier enjoying them than not I guess. ^_^ Thanks man, I will. 

• Mathematical problems

?????

What is wrong with you? O.o 

Jokes aside, keep that good work up.

Solving a mathematical problem > orgasm

That's probably why I'm still here solving xs and ys single. :D

solving programming problem > solving a mathematical problem

Good luck on your military journey!

Programming is based on mathematics => programming problem = maths problem => solving a maths problem > solving a maths problem => ?!? :ph34r: I've never tried programming though so I need to give it a shot to find out.

Today I'm grateful for:

• ABBA
  • Sports played lightly with friends = Höntsy
  • Modern technology
  • My trustworthy backpack
  • Drifting with a handbrake

Hello!

This day can be described with only one word, non-stop. I've been running around the whole day trying to manage everything. I've studied, written a mediocre essay, gone to the gym and watched a musical about a Finnish poet. It's good to have a time to catch your breath. Overall the day was really cool and I enjoyed it. The best moment of today was chatting with a cool girl after the musical. 

It's late, I'm going to sleep.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being able to use a car
  • Smoked reindeer jerky
  • Teachers realizing that we are not capable of doing everything
  • Sultans of Swing playing on the radio while I was on my way to school
  • Hesse for helping me understand artist's life and challenges better

Hello!

Today was an alright day. I went to school, studied and hung out with friends. The results from the matriculation exams arrived and I was able to achieve the goals I had set for myself, which was great! The best moment of today was laughing at guy-stuff.

I've been quite busy the last few days and I feel that the weekend is much needed. This weekend I have work and a small concert, but I hope that I can find a moment for resting as well.

I ordered Mark Manson's The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck. I'm hoping that it will arrive shortly.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Warm drinks
  • Protection of a house
  • Analyzing poems
  • Trivial pursuit
  • Resting

I ordered Mark Manson's The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck. I'm hoping that it will arrive shortly.

I've thought about ordering that one too. Mark Manson has a hilarious way with words, and usually he also has something important to say. 

Let me know if it's any good!

Hello!

Today was an intense day as well. I worked the day and had a long shift which stretched out to be longer than originally planned. After my shift I dined with my family and went out to a concert which was awesome! The best moments of today were eating delicious food and listening to great music.

I'm feeling like I've gone non-stop for a while so I'm keeping a Sabbath day tomorrow.

I've thought about ordering that one too. Mark Manson has a hilarious way with words, and usually he also has something important to say. 

Let me know if it's any good!

Manson is a sharp son of a gun. I will for sure! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Rooibos tea
  • Christmas pastries with plum jam
  • Awesome atmosphere at the concert
  • Noticing my boundaries
  • Being able to exercise outside and think all while working

Hello!

Today's mood alternated. I've rested the day as planned and managed some minor tasks like cleaning. At the moment I feel annoyed, annoyed at everything, nothing, myself and no one at the same time. I'm glad I'm going to be able to let the built up frustration flow exercising tomorrow. The best moment of today was listening to rock and cleaning my room.

It's interesting to see how the presidential election of France will turn out. If Marine Le Pen wins it would be quite significant for EU. We are living quite an interesting (and a bit unstable) of a time.

How are you able to exercise when it's so cold outside?

Cold is often a matter of dressing. When you've got many insulating layers, no passages for heat to flow through and your neck protected properly it's actually very pleasant. And tissues of course, if the cold irritates you mucosa.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Iron Maiden for matching my feelings pretty accurately
  • Dark Finnish Christmas bread made in with syrup
  • Salmon
  • The Steppenwolf
  • Being healthy

How are you able to exercise when it's so cold outside?

Cold is often a matter of dressing. When you've got many insulating layers, no passages for heat to flow through and your neck protected properly it's actually very pleasant. And tissues of course, if the cold irritates you mucosa.

For exercise, do you run or do you do weight/resistance training? (We have these outside-gyms in Sweden, maybe those exist in the Land of the Thousand Lakes aswell :P ) I've always wanted to exercise only outside and at home (would be alot cheaper), but it feels so... Uncomfortable. Maybe I simply need to grow some balls and get out there. 

Hello!

Today was a cool day! School was fun, Jiu-Jitsu was great and I got quite a bit studying done in the evening. The best moment of today was rolling with a purple belt and joking around a bit in the last few seconds. 

It was funny how I first felt anxious coming to the gym and training. Over the course of warming up, drilling and eventually sparring the anxiety relieved and in the end it felt great. Sports really is a great way of improving overall mood.

I feel like I'm trying out new things again as my opinion and feeling about life, decisions and what's right mature.

For exercise, do you run or do you do weight/resistance training? (We have these outside-gyms in Sweden, maybe those exist in the Land of the Thousand Lakes aswell :P ) I've always wanted to exercise only outside and at home (would be alot cheaper), but it feels so... Uncomfortable. Maybe I simply need to grow some balls and get out there. 

Vad fan, du svenskarna är galna. Jag har inte sett ett sådant gym här i Finland. Jag har gått på gym och använt ett program som kallas Stronglifts 5x5 med ett par övriga rörelser. Jag älskar både inom- och utomhussport med du är rätt med att det behöver mycket kraft att sporta utomhus när det är riktig kallt. Hoppas att du kan fatta nåt av min svenska som jag förhoppningsvis inte ska glömma helt. Jag tyckte att det var kul att svara på svenska en gång eftersom jag kan. ^_^

( Translation by Google translate, sorry I'm lazy: What the hell, you are more Swedish are crazy. I have not seen such a gym here in Finland. I've gone to the gym and use a program called Stronglifts 5x5 with a couple of other movements. I love both indoor and outdoor sports with you are right that it needs a lot of power to go outside when it's real cold.)

Today I'm grateful for:

• My leg healing little by little
  • Tortillas
  • Fun time drilling
  • Soul
  • Being able to try out bubble soccer tomorrow

Vad fan, du svenskarna är galna. Jag har inte sett ett sådant gym här i Finland. Jag har gått på gym och använt ett program som kallas Stronglifts 5x5 med ett par övriga rörelser. Jag älskar både inom- och utomhussport med du är rätt med att det behöver mycket kraft att sporta utomhus när det är riktig kallt. Hoppas att du kan fatta nåt av min svenska som jag förhoppningsvis inte ska glömma helt. Jag tyckte att det var kul att svara på svenska en gång eftersom jag kan. ^_^

( Translation by Google translate, sorry I'm lazy: What the hell, you are more Swedish are crazy. I have not seen such a gym here in Finland. I've gone to the gym and use a program called Stronglifts 5x5 with a couple of other movements. I love both indoor and outdoor sports with you are right that it needs a lot of power to go outside when it's real cold.)

Tack för ditt svar! Din svenska är bra (vissa meningar kanske är smått skumma men pshh, who cares right? :D )

Is this where I attempt to write in Finnish? (Spoiler: nope)

I've used stronglifts 5x5 too in the past, but now I do almost exclusively bodyweight training, since it's fun and can be done anywhere. I'm kinda happy I live in southern sweden; me and cold have a rather complicated relationship. Props to you for surviving over there!

Hello!

Just a quick update for today. I've been reflecting a lot. The best moment of today was cooking and listening to Dire Straits radio on Spotify.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Writing
  • Exercise
  • Gorgonzola pasta
  • Progress on the subjects I studied today
  • Bananas

Hello!

I'm considering slowing down my posting rate. I feel like these posts are rather repetitive and I'd like to try out a little looser approach. I'm currently working on creating habits and it's consistent work that I feel better if I don't think about it too much. For some reason I feel like thinking can become a problem as well – especially in my case. Thinking is good, but getting distracted and overly into the ideal side makes me feel anxious. Aristotlean balance is a cool idea and applicable to this situation as well.

Today was good. I did what I wanted to and reflected. The best moment of today was laughing at a story about a hamster.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Mark Manson's articles
  • Talking with my friend whom I haven't talked properly with in ages
  • English is a cool language
  • My uncle Paul who is a smart chap
  • Fun time practicing for a theater diploma

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I went to school, played some chess, trained BJJ and studied. The best moment of today was talking with people.

Hey,

I think that you shouldn't make your entries looser.

That's because you're making a seriously strong habit by writing these entries!

And if you feel it repetitive, then you're on a way to the excellence. :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Thanks for your opinion, I'll see what I do. I guess there might be some kind of a habit already since the page counter has suddenly jumped from 2 to 52. :P Journaling here is a habit that I'd have to break, maybe by replacing it by writing into my personal journal for a while and then checking how it turns out. I'm probably over thinking this as well.

Oh, you hear a good funny story, but don't tell us? How mean!

The story was actually quite grotesque and it was more the situation that made it so funny. :) I'll be a mean mother trucker for now.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Foo Fighters
  • My grandmother sending me a message
  • Chinese food
  • Comfy pants
  • Hugs

Overthinkers unite! We musn't let our thoughts overwhelm us! But we can't think too little either... That's not good. What are we without our thoughts? What is a decision without thinking it through? So we should think! But if the only thing we do is think, we'll ruin everything else. Oh no.

Abort mission. You get my point. Keep thinking (or not)!

Overthinkers unite! We musn't let our thoughts overwhelm us! But we can't think too little either... That's not good. What are we without our thoughts? What is a decision without thinking it through? So we should think! But if the only thing we do is think, we'll ruin everything else. Oh no.

Abort mission. You get my point. Keep thinking (or not)!

xDxDxD This very much! I can totally relate. I guess it's better to overthink in good company. :P

Well make an experiment just do smth else for the next month and see how it works out.

Yeah, maybe I'll start with a week of posting a little less and see how I feel about it. You can take Spinips out of the GameQuitters, but not the GameQuitter out of Spinips. xD (I had to)

I know you're not really watching the world championship but woooooowwwwww the series has been intense.

Can't wait for our chess match!

I can for now since you'd probably fork me to pieces. ^_^ I checked out a couple of Mato's videos. It seems like Karjakin is putting up a good challenge for Carlsen.

Hello!

Today was a weird day. I chose that this Saturday was my rest day of the week – a concept from which I'm not entirely sure about. It's still a bit unclear what kind of resting activity is really resting. I feel like browsing internet does not really leave me feeling rested. I did other kinds of activities reading, cooking, going outdoors and writing which left me feeling more satisfied. The best moment of today was eating delicious food. 

I'm giving The Slight Edge a re-read. During the year between the first and second time reading I feel like there has been a lot of change and growth happening. I can look the book through a different perspective. Enjoying the read very much and feeling that The Slight Edge is actually an important part of attaining ones personal goals.

All in all a pretty cool day. I'm very tired as it is late. We played a board game called Eclipse and the time just passed by very fast and now it's a quarter past two. Good night everyone!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Cooking good food
  • Keeping a notebook of all the good recipes
  • Seeing friends
  • The Slight Edge helping me get more in touch with my idealistic side
  • Allergy medication