NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a passive kind of day. I studied, took a walk and created a studying schedule for spring's upcoming matriculation exams. The best moment of today was coming out of our sauna into a frosty night and breathing fresh cold air.

You're studying physics, or is it one of your subjects?

It's just one of the subjects I'm studying at the moment. I feel like the curriculum is constructed in a way that gives an overall look into physics. Are you studying physics at the moment?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Catan, it's a nice game
  • Quiche lorraine
  • Feeling physically better today
  • Mark Manson's new article
  • Warm fireplace

Hello!

Today was a cool day! The best moments today were running in wintry forest and watching Forrest Gump. I love the authenticity and story of the movie.

Go Catan! Whoop whoop! It's been a great board game to play with my family.

A sauna can be very relaxing, I haven't been in one for years though :P

Great to see you're doing well :)

Catan is awesome! Thanks, you as well. I've seen that you've started many new challenges – Best of luck with them! :)

So, there is another Mark Mason. I sometimes check out this one, the Late Night Internet Marketing.

I'll check it out! Thanks.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Big notebooks
  • Inspiring art
  • Studying with people
  • Chinese food
  • Tea I'm going to drink

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I went to school studied and worked. The best moments of today were little moments.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Getting studded tires under my bike and they worked great
  • This MJ cover
  • Not freezing alone but together with my friends
  • Dressing up in layers after nearly freezing solid
  • Forrest Gump's awesome attitude 
  • Being able to put load on my body again. Increasing the intensity little by little and hoping to get back to BJJ on Thursday
  • AC/DC – @Reno F Waiting for your next cover ;)

haha! I've been practicing a song that my wife can sing so maybe we could sing to friends in a christmas get together. she chose a quite difficult song! I'll try to put another acdc cover in between my practices!

On a side note, I like how the grateful section of your journal have became a big part of it!

Hello!

Today was a basic day. I got my exams back and they went alright, in maths though I feel like I cold've done better. I managed minor things and studied according to my plan. Now I'm getting ready for a new period that is starting tomorrow. It's cool to meet new people in new courses. The best moment of today was visiting a friend of mine and talking about the US election and particle physics. It's very interesting to see how the election goes. As a Finn I'm hoping that NATO's presence won't weaken in Europe because Status Quo sounds much better than a more polarized system.

haha! I've been practicing a song that my wife can sing so maybe we could sing to friends in a christmas get together. she chose a quite difficult song! I'll try to put another acdc cover in between my practices!

On a side note, I like how the grateful section of your journal have became a big part of it!

Oh Nice! I'll listen to it for sure if you have time to practice it. Gratitude journal sure is an important part of my journal. Oftentimes there are no dramatic changes in my life to write about, but it's still always nice to keep the gratitude journal going. :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Vaccines
  • Being able to do sports once again
  • Rock
  • New phase beginning tomorrow
  • Cucumber in sandwiches

Hello!

Today was a good day. It was cool to start new courses and change my social environment a bit. Today I went to school, hung out with friends and studied the evening. I planned going to the gym but for today headache wouldn't allow it. The best moment of today was laughing with my friends.

The result of the US election was quite visible today. I feel like the dust has already settled a bit. It will be interesting see the result further on.

Currently my thoughts are entangled. There are some things that feel complicated, but they will clear at some point.

It's great to hear that you're doing well. Especially with studying. Keep this momentum rising!

Thanks for the support! The plan is really helping me to be consistent with studying. :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• The light snow brings with it
  • More laid-back schedule this phase
  • Nurse, who can give vaccines in a nearly pleasant way
  • Ibuprofen
  • Google Calendar for planning

Hello!

After a long break it was time to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu once again. It was both fun and hard training. Otherwise today was a rather basic day consisting of studying and school. The best moment of today was being able to get back on the mats again. It was something I had wanted to do for a while.

Now it's late and I need to got to bed to recover. Good night everyone!

Page 50! Wooooaaah!

Still going! :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Martial arts
  • Cold water
  • The Beatles
  • Having time to take my thoughts of everything out else for a while
  • Listening to oneself

Hello!

Today I studied, hanged out with my friends and played chess. The best moment of today was listening to a dedicated teacher at a Finnish lesson.

I have been feeling pretty dull for a while. These feelings of confusion and lack of drive surface every now and then. At times I forget them being occupied by work, studying etc.  Sometimes it's about not knowing what to do or how to be, sometimes just overall lack of energy and elasticity. At times like these it's hard for me to be interested in school as it feels distant in an emotional way. 

There is probably a meaning behind feeling the way I'm feeling currently – I'll know it after I've gone through them. I'll roll with them as they come. It's hard explaining this kind of blurry and abstract substance. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Novelle Zinc + E
  • Great food at school
  • Blindfolded chess
  • Sauna
  • Bright moonlight

Hello!

Writing this out quick before I'll go meet my friends. Today was a cool day. The best moment of today was practicing joint wrestling.

I had a thought about my journey of life. I'm facing a challenge of choosing a viable foundation for my actions. There are so many options to base your morale on – Science, Religion, Ideologies, Media, Productivity, an Idol, Myself (Intuition, Feeling or Rational thinking) and Principles. Currently it's hard identifying which are the ones that fit me. Thinking about these kind of enormous choices and their effects leads easily to anxiety. The variety is endless, maybe the basis has to be found inside oneself.

*Edit* Or maybe I'm over-thinking this. 

Joint wrestling was great today. I feel like it restored my energy rather than sapping it. It was also cool to meet a friend from school who I didn't know trained martial arts in the gym. Enjoying the experience!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Nuts
  • Jockstraps
  • Day off from studying routine
  • Going to dine in a buffet tomorrow
  • Driver's license
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I studied, took a walk and dined together with my family to celebrate the Finnish Father's day. We visited a graveyard in a nearby town where my grandparents stayed after fleeing from Karelia during the wartime. It was a moment that got me thinking about life, history and the past generations. It could be a good idea to interview my grandmother about her experiences while she is still healthy. The world has changed so much in her lifetime.

About yesterday's rambling: I am feeling a bit unsure about some things in my life – at times those questions are more present and their meaning is emphasized to a larger extent than they actually matter. For now I'll hang out with those feelings if they pop up, do what I think is the best and give luck chances to strike by trying out new things.

Watching the World Chess Championship?

I'm a bit too casual for that still. xD Maybe if Mato puts out videos I could check them. Who are you putting your bets on?

Wrestling, like the olympic game or wrestling like WWE, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, etc?

It's closer to this, but sometimes it sure feels like what these guys are doing

Today I'm grateful for:

• Good food and wine
  • Planning weeks beforehand
  • Weekend
  • Dancing
  • Olavi Uusivirta

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I studied, prepared a presentation and went dancing. The best moment of today was the whole day. It was enjoyable in general.

I feel like it's time to set a new goal or principle for myself. It is to move my body often and in a comprehensive way. I have done a variety of sports recently and feel like they get my body and mind flow and work better together. Simple and effective.

I'm also reading through Mark Manson's Models. Manson's style is very pleasant to read. I'm looking forward to reading his new book, The Subtle Art of not Giving a Fuck.

I'm going to sleep soon, got only 6 hours of sleep last night, maybe the moon has something to do with it. It's very bright being so close to the Earth at the moment.

You still have same pancakes remaining? :D

No :'( – But we have a bloody awesome chocolate cake though!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Nap keeping my sleepometer high enough
  • Moonshine
  • Chocolate cake
  • Being able to wake up later tomorrow
  • Having fun dancing
  • GameQuitters' activity at the moment
Edited by SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I studied, trained BJJ and prepared for tomorrow's military draft. The army is an institution which I'm not too familiar with. There are some prejudices about the military, but it can also be a cool experience. The best moment of today was seeing a BJJ friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a long time.

Studying according to the plan is going well. It's easy to do a little every day and you can already start to see the work add up. Doing plenty of sports is taking it's toll on my body so I'll take it easier for a while.

Today I'm grateful for:

• History
  • Finland being at peace
  • Nissan Sunny
  • Mathematical problems
  • Awesome sandwiches from our school cafeteria