NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a cool day! School and working. Working was fun and not too taxing today. Going to sleep early today. The best moment of today was chatting with my friend Anni.

Muse - resistance :x

Nice to hear someone else digs Muse too! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Guns N' Roses & Hanoi Rocks
  • Nice time working
  • Tea and Honey
  • Being healthy
  • Mark Manson's Models

Hello!

Today was a cool day. School was basic. I had nice time at the gym and modified my gym routine a bit so I won't exhaust myself completely. In the evening I met some old friends of mine and it was cool. The best moment of today was having a good conversation about reading and writing with my friend.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Handy Bananas
  • Tomorrow is an abiturient theme day
  • Kansas – Carry on Wayward Son
  • Reading for being such a lovely activity
  • The idea of balance

Hello!

Today was a day of processing many kinds of feelings. The theme day was great fun. In the evening I played some chess and lost in the semi-finals of the tournament. It was great fun to play in the tournament. :) The best moment of today was jumping on bouncy castle.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Journaling
  • Whitesnake
  • Carmolis herb drops
  • Smoked reindeer pasta
  • Keeping up with my habit of studying
  • Autumn holidays are approaching!

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I returned from the camp and worked the evening. The best moment of the day was talking with my parents about growing older. It was very pleasant to talk and hear about their experiences growing up.

The camp was great. I was feeling tired, but it all was good anyways.

Shit I better get practicing! ;)

You bet! :D

Today I'm grateful for:

• A nice work shift
  • Plenty of food at the camp
  • Meeting my old awesome friends
  • Acoustic guitar music
  • Steady studying

Hello! This is my 90 days game-free post (I made a similiar one on r/Stopgaming too). Quitting gaming has lead to huge change in my life.

The whole post is very inspiring! What do people say on this site? Subscribed? :)

Hello!

Hello! This is my 90 days game-free post (I made a similiar one on r/Stopgaming too). Quitting gaming has lead to huge change in my life.

The whole post is very inspiring! What do people say on this site? Subscribed? :)

It's great to hear that! ^_^  470 days behind and many more ahead.

Today was a cool day. School, gym, studying and hanging out with friends. Both gym and studying have been consistent since I scheduled them into my routine. Keeping them in small enough portions helps in completing them. The best moment of today was dining together with my family.

Today I'm grateful for:

• David Bowie
  • Meat loaf
  • Good teachers
  • Paycheck day
  • My friends

Hello!

Today was a cool day. I was a bit tired at school, but work was very nice. It was also cool to study and read for a bit. The best moment of the day was singing Beatles with my friend.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Great lentil soup
  • Quantum physics is more interesting than I thought
  • Making a new friend at work today
  • Deciding to take rest from physical activities for tomorrow
  • Parents' anecdotal advice
  • Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train

Hello!

The best moment of today was talking about cars and chess with my teacher. Also talking with my father was cool

I'm currently feeling that I need time to wind down from the matriculation exams, school and constant self-reflection. As I've set multiple goals and habits I feel like some meaning behind them has crumbled as time has gone on. For now I need time to rest, to spend it eating and hanging out with friends and using it on activities I find pleasing. This is a way I'm hoping to connect more with my personal interests. 

Growing up is a process that will most surely give plenty of joy, hard feelings and change. I need to give this process time and go through the feelings brought by it. I'm not going to force myself to feel any other way than I'm feeling. I'll support my feelings with my best judgement and everything I've learned about habits and good philosophy. Numbing is something that I'll try to notice since I believe that it's better to face the feelings.

Currently I feel that my feelings are mixed up and I'm not really sure where to go next. I'm positive that this is a natural part of growing up and I don't want to rush this or look for a shortcut through this. I want to face these feeling head on, knowing that I'll make it through them.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Foo Fighters radio starring Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green day
  • Walks
  • Being friends with teachers
  • Talking so you don't have to the only one carrying your burdens
  • Brene Brown's work. Daring Greatly is definitely in my top beloved self-improvement books

Hello!

I'm a little bit tired at the end of the day. I had plenty of fun today and the best moment was definitely playing dodgeball with badminton rackets and floorball ball. Very much fun! :) My evening also got a little bit lighter once my black screen on S6 was fixed by a mere restart. I was a little frustrated since the phone did not work.

A holiday of a week begins tomorrow and I'm going to chill as much as possible. Already arranged a meet and few events with my friends. Sounds very good at the moment.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Prezi
  • Co-operation
  • @Reno F's AC/DC cover! It was great ^_^
  • Rest
  • A morning rave

Hello!

Today was the last day before holidays and I have to say that this holiday is just in its right place. My objective for this holiday is to take it easy by spending time with friends, sports, writing and reading. The best moment of today was hanging out with friends in the evening.

Started to read Hermann Hesse's Steppenwolf since I remember @Tom recommending Hesse's works a while ago. I felt both anxious and excited about the book's theme and characters. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Queen
  • Holiday is here
  • Seeing a friend from Helsinki
  • My Nishiki bike
  • Caring friends

Hello!

Today was a peaceful day. I read, jogged and went to see my friends. The best moment of the day was having a conversation with my friend.

I have recently been thinking about existential questions and managed to find an answer that I'm content with for now. I had a feeling that nothing had a special meaning and at first that felt disturbing. But if you look at it from another perspective it also means that you are free to devote your time and energy to whatever you find satisfying and forget about supernatural meanings. This is a good side of being subjective – you are free to discover what is meaningful to you and forget about the objective point of view, if it even exists. Great! ^_^

@Tom I was rather surprised when you suddenly popped around! It's great to see you again. How's life in the Netherlands?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Seeing friends
  • A very good Thai lunch
  • Having time to wind off
  • Tomorrow's work
  • My Index funds seemed to have managed themselves reasonably

Good night everyone!

Hello! 

Today was a cool day! I read, cooked and worked. The best moment of today was working. I'm noticing that if I have time to rest enough work doesn't feel like a burden anymore. It was fun to cycle and deliver food and at no point was there a feeling of "bloody hell, still three hours". Another great moment was talking with my workmates.

Hesse's Steppenwolf has managed to surprise me. I found the beginning quite oppressive, since Harry Haller was on the other hand a relatable character but there was something disturbing, maybe a feeling of hopelessness, in him. After the analytical chapter I was sold. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a book like this.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Being able to gain precious thoughts from books that were written almost a 100 years ago
  • Candy
  • Jazz, I've been really enjoying it recently
  • Great work shift
  • Karelian Stew – It's the best!

My friend just called and asked if I'd like to go out and I feel like going so I'm going! Have a nice day!

@Tom I was rather surprised when you suddenly popped around! It's great to see you again. How's life in the Netherlands?

Hey SpiNips! I'm doing great, thanks! I wanted to give back to the community, so when Cam called for translators I put myself forward. I've been thinking about you and other friends from GQ. Glad to see you are still going strong!

Hello!

Today has been a day with ups and downs. the day mostly consisted of reading, talking and playing board games with friends. In the evening I went to spend the night with other friends of mine. The best moment of the day was talking with an old friend of mine.

I've felt bad today for a few reasons, but they'll pass over time.

Resting enough is really important subject, often neglected. Good that you've remembered about it, it pays off as you see.

That is true! Resting is something you easily forget in this atmosphere of performing. After resting I'm starting to feel like working and getting my hands dirty once again.

Hey SpiNips! I'm doing great, thanks! I wanted to give back to the community, so when Cam called for translators I put myself forward. I've been thinking about you and other friends from GQ. Glad to see you are still going strong!

It's great to have you around here once again! ^_^ By the way could you recommend some other good books from Hesse, since you have probably read more of them? 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Playing the piano
  • Good books
  • Settlers of Catan
  • A good conversation
  • Cheap and tasty wine

It's great to have you around here once again! ^_^ By the way could you recommend some other good books from Hesse, since you have probably read more of them? 

Thanks!

• At the top of my list I put The Glass Bead Game.
  • I loved Narcissus and Goldmund.
  • Demian had quite an impact on me during the "who-the-heck-am-I" phase of my adolescence.
  • Siddhartha is a great book and a crowd favorite.

Bonus: the biggest thrill I got from books lately came from Richard Dawkins. The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene.

Hello!

It's late so I'll keep it short. Today it was fun to see my friends whom I trained gymnastics with. We practiced some martial arts, ate wings and bathed in an outside hot tub which was very cool! The best moment of the day was wrestling with my friends. It has been long since I've last done it.

Finished the Steppenwolf – more on that on another occasion.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Greater monetary independence through work
  • Skills that developed with gymnastics
  • ABBA
  • Understanding and co-operation with friends
  • Cetirizin helping me with allergy

Hello!

Today has been a cool day. We decided to go eat lunch to an Indian buffet in which we stayed for 3 and a half hours. Needless to say we were rather full after it. Going to see my friends and maybe play a few games of chess or some board game in the evening. The best moment of today was really having time to talk to my friends and properly talking with them.

Warning! Steppenwolf spoiler alert: Hesse's Steppenwolf is full of thought and meaning which I've been digesting for this week. The book is about a man, Harry Haller, who is struggling with his life. I feel like the feelings I've had lately matched Haller's feelings rather accurately. Haller is a rather intelligent chap but struggles with finding meaning with his life. Over the course of the book Haller learns through experience that even his perception of life is not as objective as he thinks.

I feel similar to Haller to some extent. I have a feeling that there is a need for change and time to emphasize another parts of my life. Time to set the pieces of my personal chessboard differently as it would be expressed in the book.

Thanks!

• At the top of my list I put The Glass Bead Game.
  • I loved Narcissus and Goldmund.
  • Demian had quite an impact on me during the "who-the-heck-am-I" phase of my adolescence.
  • Siddhartha is a great book and a crowd favorite.

Bonus: the biggest thrill I got from books lately came from Richard Dawkins. The God Delusion and The Selfish Gene.

Oh Great! We have The Glass Bead Game and Narcissus and Goldmund sitting in our library. ^_^ Demian sounds very interesting as well. I've heard about Dawkins' works, but not read any of them yet. Probably giving them a shot at some point since I think God is interesting and this subject divides opinions rather distinctly. Thanks once again! :) 

You're doing great buddy!

See every day as an opportunity to make it better then yesterday.

Looking forward to the next posts :) <3

Thanks Robin! :) Looking forward to tomorrow.

Today I'm grateful for:

• U2, Dire Straits, Guns N' Roses and Scorpions = evening jam
  • Dining with friends in no rush, the moment just flows very well
  • Black Yorkshire tea
  • UNO
  • Felt Jacket

Hello!

Today was a weird day. I ate out and trained in the gym. The best moment of today was having a good conversation.

At the moment I'm feeling anxious. This kind of anxiety stems from a need for change, but at the moment it feels hard to get a sense of where to go, what to do. I'll give it time and take care that I'm sleeping, eating, exercising and seeing friends enough so that I will maintain the basic necessities.

I'm thinking that I also need to take a break from self-help books. Some of them provide good advice and are definitely worth reading, but for now I feel like I need more energy trying out new things and listening to myself. 

These feelings are rather similar to what I experienced during my relapse which happened nearly 500 days ago. At first I was trying to quit gaming by sheer force of will, without looking for any new activities. You can guess that it didn't go very well and I ended up pretty down... xD After the relapse and talking about my feelings I started BJJ and a summer job and life slowly started to roll much easier. At the moment I feel that I'm in a similar situation – I just need to change. Hopefully in the future I will be able to greet the experience with a smile. I've got a few ideas to help me move forward, we'll see how they work in the following months.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Saunas
  • Turkish food
  • Compound exercises
  • Gamequitters community
  • Mentors
  • Elton John

Edited by SpiNips
Added Elton John

Hello!

Today I did some basic management tasks like changing our cars' tires and cleaning. In the evening I met with my friends. The best moment of today was randomly seeing a couple of really nice friends.

Today I've been thinking about responsibility. I like to think that I'm responsible for my life – responsible to guide it in the best way I can see. Lately I feel like my old idea of what was good has changed and I'm not really sure how to continue. Trying hard is very important, but there are some obstacles that require different kind of approach. Letting go, going through hard feelings and making new plans. By focusing only on trying my hardest I've usually come to the conclusion that something I'm doing is wrong for example diet or NF, but to be honest I feel like focusing on them is like fixing some "plaster problems" and neglecting the true meaning behind feeling off.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Muse
  • Avocado pasta
  • Seeing friends
  • Exercising
  • Writing helping me clear my thought